[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Back in the day, a cargo van was like a big blank canvas to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: Chevrolet-Express-Van.jpg (73KB, 1561x902px) Image search: [Google]
Chevrolet-Express-Van.jpg
73KB, 1561x902px
Back in the day, a cargo van was like a big blank canvas to the custom car crowd.
I want to create a modern day swinging bachelor van.
Custom paint
Custom grille
Custom interior

What ideas do you guys have?
Help me create the /o/ van
>>
First of all you're gonna start with a eurovan because there hasn't been a custom van scene in the US in 30 years.
>>
>>15673666
>gay eurocuck van
no thanks
>>
File: 1024x1024.0.0.jpg (90KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1024x1024.0.0.jpg
90KB, 1600x900px
This guy knows how to pimp out a van
>>
>>15673679
I'm sure American vans are great, that's why they've been replaced with Transits and Fiat vans.
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 323x156px
>>
>>15673641
Start with Chevy or Ford for a V8
>Chrome wheels, no bigger than 18" to keep that comfy ride.
>Chip Foose style paintjob (black on bottom, color on top, separated by a stripe).
>Stay away from goofy airbrush murals.
>Head unit, nicer speakers, little sub.
>Dual exhaust
>interior is up to you depending what you use it for. Living in it, daily driving, hauling stuff, etc.
>>
Go full Forza.
>Start with GM van with iron block 6.0
>Big cam
>High flow heads, headers, full exhaust
>Either stroke out to 408 with 4" crank or add boost with a supercharger... or both
>Coilovers
>Lightweight wheels and sticky summer only tires
>Strip interior, weld in a roll cage
Paint it like the Mystery Machine and hit the track
>Look at the faces on WRX and miata owners as their passed by a full size van
>>
>>15673666
>First of all you're gonna start with a eurovan because there hasn't been a custom van scene in the US in 30 years.

There are plenty of older vans to be had from states where they don't rust. A few Anons have posted theirs. Late model box vans exist too. It's not hard to find them.

You need a good body, either Chevrolet or Ford, to start with. Drivetrains are easy.

You should really visit truck forums because truck drivetrains and van drivetrains are the same for classic style vans and they usually have van subforums.

If you knew those forums existed you'd not post to 4chan. /o/ is mostly for people who are either trolling or lost.

Full size US vans are still in production and of course you can find expensive "conversion vans" used for low dollars.

>>15673699
>I'm sure American vans are great, that's why they've been replaced with Transits and Fiat vans.

To be precise, the market diverged into light duty box trucks for larger deliveries (you can fit liftgates to box trucks) which have "van" nose and drivetrains, and small vans for little deliveries.

Now go visit van forums because almost no one on /o/ remembers the custom van scene. There still is a van scene, but it's mixed with the car scene.

Get something late enough to have fuel injection. GM TBI is simple as fuck and runs forever.
>>
>>15673775
Yeah but with an old van you're not gonna create a modern day custom van. Either you'll look like a boomer or like a rapist.
>>
>>15673791
Not that old, like a 2013 chevy express
>>
>>15673791

And just what is wrong with looking like a rapist?
>>
There must be some way to alert people not to come a knockin at inopportune moments.
>>
File: 4.jpg (174KB, 1280x960px)
4.jpg
174KB, 1280x960px
>>15673818
A mural is what comes to mind when I see a white van.
Gotta do a mural.
>>
Guys invented these to bang hippie chick.
I guess we need to gear the new ones to festival chicls?
>>
File: Edge_Lowered.jpg (209KB, 951x569px) Image search: [Google]
Edge_Lowered.jpg
209KB, 951x569px
At 26, I'm too young to remember to cool custom van scene of the 1970's, but my dad loves telling me about it. Honestly sounds cool to me.
>>
>>15673666
Ford E150, bitch. You know shit about 'MURIKA.
>>
File: Mercedes-benz-Vito-2012-7.jpg (609KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes-benz-Vito-2012-7.jpg
609KB, 1280x853px
>tfw no Vito
>>
>>15673862
Needs Solo Jazz decals.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.