[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious, /o/. What is wrong with leasing a car? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1454630406629.png (22KB, 168x166px) Image search: [Google]
1454630406629.png
22KB, 168x166px
I'm curious, /o/.

What is wrong with leasing a car? Why do you guys hate it so much? Let's forget the cuck memes and put aside the demographics of the typical leaser and get to the bottom of why leasing itself is such a bad thing to you guys.
>>
>>15672722

your money not mine...
>>
>>15672727
That isn't much of an answer, m8
>>
You don't gain any equity your just paying to drive someone else's car.
>>
>>15672733
What about depreciation? Most cars depreciate like shit.
>>
>>15672722
Leasing is fine if you own a business and use the vehicle for your business the majority of the time. What many people here don't realize is, whether you lease or a buy a vehicle, you're still paying depreciation, so if it benefits you financially, do it. A lease also gives more flexibility over choosing a car because they're shorter and often come with lower payments. If you plan on keeping a vehicle for a long time, then leasing and buying it at the end is almost always a bad idea. Very few people here will benefit from leasing a vehicle. Then again, the percentage if people even able to consider leasing or buying a new vehicle is even smaller.
>>
>>15672743
>"The essential fact to keep in mind is that the leasing customer doesn't pay for the ice. He pays for the melting process," says Chuck Parker, president of Rollins Auto Leasing Corp., New Castle, Delaware, "and in the leasing business we call that melting process depreciation."
>>
>>15672770
I've read that article. That's corporate fleet leasing, correct? Private leasing works a little different. Providing a car has done no more miles than agreed and has no damage above wear-and-tear, then nothing happens.
>>
>>15672825
Your payments still pay for the depreciation of the dealer's vehicle otherwise it wouldn't make sense to lease it to you.
>>
>>15672862
Well, of course you pay for the depreciation. In most lease contracts that's all you really pay for. Most lease contracts have signing fees which is where the lease company makes its actual money.
>>
>>15672722
You pay more than the car depreciates, and don't get that long-term equity gain.

Depreciation, like any other rate-based process, is subject to diminishing returns. A new car has more value to go down, so they diminish faster.

If you're the kind of person that *needs* a new car every two years, and depending on how lease agreements fuck you on mileage, you might get something out of it if you drive like 50k miles a year and would be replacing your cars every two years anyways. Of course, the most "economical" way to drive is to buy mid-low end, older econoboxes and drive them into the ground, but that's not anyone's bag. You just usually don't actually gain a better driving experience by leasing and spending more money.
>>
>>15672722

you pay money for a car you don't get to own.
>>
>>15672733
For a business owner, equity means very little. You lose the equity anyways, whether you buy, fiannce or lease. You want cashflow, not 30+ K holed up in some vehicle, and leasing allows for that. It also allows the best possibility for tax benefits.
>>
Getting a brand new car whether buying or leasing is always a huge fucking waste of money but somebody has to do it so more power to you.
>>
>asking /o/
You did realise there is nothing but poorfags on this board
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.