[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so I'm planning on buying a cruiser, turning it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: bobber.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bobber.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
Alright, so I'm planning on buying a cruiser, turning it into a bobber and selling it with a profit.

Apart from changing the seat, handle bars and mirrors/getting rid of the front mudguard and chopping the rear. What else can I do that doesn't cost much but improves the look a lot?
>>
File: 1469891105565.png (199KB, 883x905px) Image search: [Google]
1469891105565.png
199KB, 883x905px
What make and model? Don't forget exhaust, trim decals, included helmet that fits the bike theme. Slap a storage unit under the seat with 12v car charger port for your target customer. Paint should either be overtly "look at me!" Or subtle badass like the silent 80s action hero. Void space on the frame is a no no, two tone engines are back in so keep chrome to a minimum. Keep leather dark brown, but not black.

If american, we love complete package deals that look like they go together.
>>
>>15666302
I'd customize a Yamaha Virago 535. It ain't a big engine, but I'm in Europe so what do they care.

I thought of a sleek British racing green color with chrome accents. Brown seat and brown handle bar hand grips.

Do you know how to get a two tone cylinder DIY style like in the OP pic?
>>
>Buy motorcycle
>Remove a bunch of shit off and ebay those parts
>Straight pipe exhaust
>Sell it at a higher cost

Genius
>>
File: Bk7h3DaIUAAQ6DW.jpg (67KB, 599x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bk7h3DaIUAAQ6DW.jpg
67KB, 599x400px
>>15666318
Not sure what chems you have in bongostan, but we have spray on paint stripper, primer and paint setup for painting engines in rattlecans. I think the stripper is called aircraft. The process is simple to learn, but you have to take the bike down to nuts and bolts and paint everything separate.

Throw a side of frame license plate holder on it and if it fits what you want one of those "do the ton" front fender plates m might toe it all together for a rep l retro bobber look. Euro style or American style bobber?

As for color scheme, something like pic related?
>>
>>15666357
Definitely that color, I'm not familiar with the uniqueness of European or American bobbers, but what I can tell you is your pic is damn near what I'm envisioning.

Except for removing the front fender, adding straight bars and a twin short shooter exhaust on the Yamaha's V-twin of course.
>>
>>15666355
It is :^)

Also not forgetting you're also adding on parts and making it unique of course.
>>
File: UlRoB59.jpg (164KB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
UlRoB59.jpg
164KB, 870x960px
>>15666384
Sounds like you're ready to go. The bobber difference is usually ground clearance, seat and sitting angle that dictates foot placement and bar type that determines seating position. American bobbers are usually one goofy handle bar shape away from heading into chopper territory.
>>
>>15666226
i want a bike like that with a spring seat, bags and big gas tank.
>>
>>15666302
I like void spaces though
>>
>>15666439
Thanks for the info!

>>15666446
Virago's are really cheap if you get a 90's model. You could manage to make your own for some change or buy one on the cheap.
>>
>>15666462
but how hard is it to find a big gas tank that fits
i know its damn near impossible for some bikes i looked at
>>
>>15666446
Look up BMW k series bobbers, it's like driving an oil tanker.

>>15666460
I speak from the American selling market in general, personal taste always varies. I don't know much about the euro market.

>>15666462
No prob friend

>>15666469
Old bmw tanks are generally pretty huge in cap and size and can be tailored to older bikes pretty easily with some minor augmentation or spacers. Custom tanks come unfinished but in any size you want for a pretty penny.
>>
>>15666469
Can't you find a universal one and make it fit?
>>
Question: what's the appeal to bobbers? They look uncomfortable as fuck to sit on
>>
>>15666702
Looks and nostalgia

Also, they sit like a standard if you want them to. Depends on your choice of handle bars.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.