[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's a question for you /o/: why aren't we seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Here's a question for you /o/: why aren't we seeing any supercars doing rally? We aren't even seeing any supercar manufacturers doing that.

Why's that?
>>
>>15665430
Only the owners do it because they love to show-off and talk about it.
>>
Because 95% of supercar purchases are a status symbol, and rally makes cars look like a pile of shit.

cya at the archive
>>
>>15665430
They are designed to be expensive, not competitive.
>>
>>15665457
Are they? Then why are we seeing them doing track racing?
>>
>>15665459
That's what the company does to compete with other companies and that's the only place these cars ever compete officially because all the out-of-company tests are mostly 0-60 tests done by the owners. I hope you get my point.
>>
>>15665518
Okay, but what I'm asking is why don't any of those companies do rally. You see shitbox companies do this but never the supercar guys.
>>
>>15665430
Most supercars don't fit rally rules like 4 cylinders only and max displacement of 2 liters.

And the few times where this isn't the case stuff like the Nissan GT-R performs quite well.
>>
>what are rally rules and regulations.
>>
File: big-wall-7.jpg (195KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
big-wall-7.jpg
195KB, 1024x768px
>>15665430
>Why's that?
Because Group B was killed in 1986.
>>
>>15665542
>>15665582
>made up WRC shit literally nobody cares about
>>
>>15665530
I'm not him but Koenigsegg does rallys and stuff on an occasional basis. Not sure about Porsches, Lambos, etc.
>>
>>15665616
Rallies on dirt?
>>
>>15665605
OK then.

>enter my gallardo in local rally.
>front bumper gets ripped off by pebbles in the first 20 metres
>sump punctured after first crest as my 4mm of suspension travel wasnt enough
>>
File: ford-rs200-9.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ford-rs200-9.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>15665430
Gay rules about what can and cannot enter. They probably wouldn't get away with making a model specifically for rallying unless they could sell it, too. And their existing models are entirely unsuitable for the gravel.

>>15665459
"Perfect" surface to work with. For the same reason track cars perform fine on the track but meet the same fate as the vaper when it comes to speed bumps.

>>15665592
>tfw no more crazy homologation models
>tfw no more homologation models, period
>>
>>15665631
No you spongehead. They do it on the high-ways.
>>
>>15665654
Bring back homologation, the current rules are stupid and result in silhouette racers anyway. I'd mandate a minimum of 200 road-legal machines based on the WRC hardware, aka powertrain, suspension, bodywork et al in addition to the current rules, so you can actually have those things roaming the streets.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.