[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I noticed the clutch pedal was completely loose and then I looked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I noticed the clutch pedal was completely loose and then I looked under the car and saw a puddle of brake fluid.
Then I figured out it was the slave cylinder that was shit and I replaced it. Now there is a response when pressing the clutch pedal but it doesn't disengage the clutch until I press the pedal to the floor.
What can cause that? I don't think there are air bubbles in the hydraulic line.
>>
Oh and the car is a Saab 900C, '89.
>>
Sounds like you need to bleed everything again.
>>
>>15647975
slightly off topic but,

how can you drive a hydraulic clutch? Wouldn't you not be able to feel the clutch bite?
>>
>>15648008
it's subtle but in my shitbox I can usually feel it and my revs dip too
>>
>>15647975
Bleed it again and adjust the pedal height.

>>15648008
The fluid barely compresses, and if you have steel clutch lines, the hoses don't stretch either. It's cables that stretch and give shit feel.

Same thing with brakes. Get rid of your brake booster and the amount of pedal feel will blow your mind. Just make sure you get some really aggressive pads or you'll have to stand on the pedal with both feet to stop.
>>
Bleed it again. And again. You might have to replace the master as well, which you have to bench bleed a bit first IIRC. Hydraulic clutch systems are a pain in the ass.
>>
Well, there might still be an air bubble there...I bled it until there was clear fluid coming out for a long time. Maybe I should try injecting brake fluid from the bleeding nipple toward the master cylinder.
>>
>>15648067
and I don't think it should be the master cylinder. I mean the clutch was working perfectly well before the slave cylinder failed so it would be quite a coincidence if the master cylinder failed simultaneously and there is no visible leak.
>>
>>15648067
Hydraulic clutch systems are easy, what are you talking about. It's literally just the master cylinder, line to the slave, and the slave cylinder. I had something fail on my miata and everywhere said it was most likely the slave, but the problem didn't fix itself until I replaced the master as well and bled everything.
>>
>>15647975
Why does the car in the pic have two gearboxes?
Why is one of the gearboxes on the wrong side of the engine?
Why is one of them auto, and the other a manual?
The pic raises so many questions
>>
>>15647975
There's air in the line you pleb.
>>
>>15648169
No
>>
>>15649461
I think it's two images mashed together (RWD and FWD)
>>
Bleed the hydraulic lines, thoroughly. If that doesn't work, bleed them more.
>>
>>15649797
The transaxle is an automatic kek.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.