[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inside the red circle, rain water is leaking inside, on the left

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG0148_1.jpg (93KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0148_1.jpg
93KB, 720x1280px
Inside the red circle, rain water is leaking inside, on the left side of the interior, near the door. It's almost making a puddle on the floor. Anything I can do to fix it, or seal it up? Or am I better off taking it to a shop somewhere. It's a 98 Saturn SC1.
>>
Replace the seal?
>>
>>15642252
I'm still learning about my car and cars in general. Can you be more specific please?
>>
>>15642268
The black shit is a seal it's made out of rubber.
>>
>>15642268
I assume this is the door? See if the seal around the door is corroded or otherwise damaged.
>>
File: IMAG0149.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px)
IMAG0149.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>15642283
It's not exactly the door but the seals as you guys say is at the right of the door.
>>
File: IMAG0150.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px)
IMAG0150.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Here's another pic. Idk if this is the reason.
>>
I just realized itsprobably the windscreen seal.
>>
>>15642411
Scratch that.
>>15642343
That's probably it. Check other seals around the doorframe, too. Replace those. Its not hard.
>>
>>15642421
Sweet. Thanks.
>>
>>15642243

figure it out yourself. get some water and pour some around that area to see where it leaks from, not that hard.

>>15642343

maybe the water is going through those holes OP
>>
File: Race_queen.jpg (205KB, 720x1080px)
Race_queen.jpg
205KB, 720x1080px
>>15642243
>Anything I can do to fix it, or seal it up?

Leaks are usually due to something with the top edge of the door. Not where you see the water running out.

Open the door and begin looking where the black rubber seals are wet. While seals may be leaking in multiple spots, you are trying to look for the topmost leaking spot first. If it is not wet on the outer surface of the seal (that is the part that touches your door), that implies that the leak may be located between the seal and the car body frame.

Don't know what type of seals you have, but I will assume it is a single curvy-wavy-shaped semi-rectangular box of compressible rubber foam. If there is a cut or slit in the seal, that might be where the water is leaking in.

Look at the seal. If it's dirty with sand and grit or leaves, that can let water get by. Gently pull the seal away from the door frame to verify the seal has a good contact with the car frame. If not, clean it off by running a paper towel to remove grit and grime.

If you can't find the spot that is leaking, then you can try gently tugging the seal away from the door frame. You are not trying to remove it. Just pull it a way from door frame a small amount and let go. Do this all over the entire circumference of the door seal. By doing this, you might cause the seal to "re-seat" or "re-align" itself in the door frame. Your leak might have been the result of a mis-alignment of the door seal due to past movement of the seam like you rubbed it with your foot or hand when you got in or out of the car.

While outside the car, close door and inspect the outside top edges of the door especially the trailing corner. Are there signs someone tried to wedge open the door with a block or handpump-inflatable airbag? The edges should be even and not even slightly bent away from the car body. Car prowling is a cause of door leaks. That warps the door frame away from the body frame, thus a leak occurs.
>>
>>15642243
Do you have a sunroof?

My Volvo had a similar leak. Turns out there are little drain holes in the sunroof base that drain through tubes that run all along the trim above the doors, into the engine bay. If the tubes get clogged or damaged, this is the result.

If you have a sunroof i recommend taking the trim off above your doors and looking for these tubes. Long shot but it might work.
>>
>>15642299
>It's not exactly the door but the seals as you guys say is at the right of the door.

With the coor open, check how well that the foamed rubber seal sits against the frame of the car. No gaps or indented areas the water can flow through?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.