[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey everyone. First time poster here. The cars I'm looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: bluehondacivic.jpg (115KB, 1080x810px)
bluehondacivic.jpg
115KB, 1080x810px
Hey everyone. First time poster here. The cars I'm looking at are 4-doors each and the price range I have to work with is <=$329/m for 72 mths. From what I can tell, each is an automatic transmission. (correct me if I'm wrong).

Right now, I have a 2002 Honda Accord that's in working condition, has been in several wrecks (none of which I was in--the car is a hand-me-down), and the paint job is just nasty horrible since my dad thought he could spraypaint it when the last couple of parts were replaced after the last wreck. It's got about 135k miles on it. We aren't exactly sure how long the car is going to last. Originally the plan was to have it last just two more years until I finish grad school, but while I'm on break between undergrad and grad school, things have changed.

My parents want to buy me a new car for graduating college, but they're looking at affordability also hoping that once I finish grad school that I could begin to pay off the car myself.

They're looking at a 2016 Honda Civic right now because we're a Honda family and Hondas have always lasted us a VERY long time. The MPG is pretty good too: about 35 mpg in the city and 41 on the highway.

But I'm not particularly wowed by the appearance of a Honda Civic. I'm a terrible child for being concerned with outside looks rather than usability, but unfortunately my priorities aren't exactly straight. I REALLY like the appearance of a Mitsubishi Lancer. An old friend from high school had one and I thought it was a pretty sleek and sexy car.

Again, my priorities aren't exactly straight, so I apologize when I say this: I want to get a nice car where the girl you're dating WANTS to suck your dick in it because you're the perfect guy who also happens to have the perfect car. The Lancer strikes me as one of those cars. It's a lot more affordable in terms of monthly payments on the car, but the MPG it gets isn't better than the Civic. The Lancer would get about 24 in the city and 31 on the highway (continued)
>>
File: silverlancer.jpg (230KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
silverlancer.jpg
230KB, 1920x1080px
>>15640681

I'm afraid that if I spend less on the Lancer in terms of initial cost that we'd end up paying more in fuel costs than if we spent more on the Honda Civic and ended up paying less for fuel costs in the future.

The Lancer would get <$300/month for monthly payment whereas the the Civic would cost about $329/month. I'm trying my best to get what I want but also not bankrupt my parents with what I want. What sounds like it would be the better deal here?

Pics related to what I was thinking about getting.
>>
>>15640681
>I want to get a nice car where the girl you're dating WANTS to suck your dick in it because you're the perfect guy who also happens to have the perfect car.

Neither the Lancer nor the Civic will do this

Between the two, for a kid in grad school, the Civic is the better real world choice.
>>
6 years is a long fucking time to be paying on a car.

Just lease.
>>
File: 1460407976792.jpg (400KB, 1272x1152px)
1460407976792.jpg
400KB, 1272x1152px
>because you're the perfect guy who also happens to have the perfect car
>>
Civic has god tier resale/trade in value. Shit-subishi won't be worth shit once you leave the lot. The civic is a much better buy
>>
>>15640764
OP here. I understand the disillusioned nature of what I wrote there. I really don't think that, but I know someone somewhere was going to get upset if I didn't put something like that in there.
>>
>>15640681
Yea, neither the CIvic nor the Lancer will get you the girl. You're better off going with an older model luxury car, a SH-AWH 2012 Acura TL can be had for the same price as a 2016 CIvic, it has Honda reliability, looks luxury and runs 13 seconds in the quarter mile. If you want the Civic make sure its at least an EX Turbo. Also get a manual But like I said no girl will consider a 16 civic the perfect car
>>
>>15640681
Personally, I'd look into a Fiesta ST.

That's just me though.
>>
>>15641995
But if your choices are Lancer or Civic, I'd go with a slightly used Civic, as Mitsubishi won't be operating in the USA for much longer.
>>
>>15640681
I would avoid the Civic. The new turbocharged engine is unproven and the CVT transmissions are already known problems in other models.

The Lancer is also horrendously outdated.

>>15640704
is right. Nothing you're looking at will do that.

My recommendations for you:
Mazda 3
Chevrolet Cruze

Neither uses a CVT transmission like everyone else and both have very good reliability.
>>
File: fost.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fost.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>15640681
Can I suggest Focus ST? You can get 0% APR on them with a 3000$-ish discount due to the Employee Pricing thing they have going on. Lots of fun to drive, good fuel efficiency/practicality/power.

I have the Fiesta ST (it's little brother) and love it. Focus will have more usable back seats and storage space.
>>
>>15642025
>Can I suggest Focus ST?
Knowing OP is probably a normie who can't drive stick and has no idea what a clutch is, I'd say no. Not a smart suggestion.
>>
>>15642032
Takes an hour to learn at most, if you remember to be smooth on the clutch *all* the way out. I find that's what everyone fucks up when they try to learn stick, they pull off the clutch the moment they start feeling movement.
>>
>>15641984
Own a 2012 sh-awd TL and can confirm what this anon says
>>
>>15642062
I know it doesn't take long to learn manual. I'm not OP. I learned in half an hour. But you know normies have to be dragged kicking and screaming to learn stick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.