[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oil pump dies and have to get engine rebuilt >mechanic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ded.png (454KB, 697x360px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
454KB, 697x360px
>oil pump dies and have to get engine rebuilt
>mechanic rebuilds it and when he gives me back the car he tells me the clutch is very worn and will have to be replaced in the next oil change (3000 miles)
>estimates cost for the job to be $1000
>drive around car for a month
>everyhting feels good and normal, no issues at all

Is he bullshitting me? or can a "very worn" clutch really feel normal when its about to break in 3000 miles
>>
Just make a friend who can tow you and hope for the best
>>
>>15639517
Could be the lining is low and soon you will be grinding rivets
>>
>>15639517
When he pulled your engine he could see you were low on friction material. You will be slipping soon. Welcome to car ownership, it ain't fucking free.
>>
>>15639517
If he didn't call you and tell you that you need to have the clutch replaced while he had the engine out then yes he's probably bullshitting you and trying to get more out of you.

But in all seriousness you should have had the clutch replaced when the engine was out.
>>
>>15639563
He said the reason he didnt call me was because I was already gonna have to pay him a fuckton of money for the engine rebuild and a clutch job on top of that seemed too much
>>
>>15639636
Well a simple call saying "Hey your clutch is in bad shape, if you get a chance come by and Ill show how you how bad, maybe you should get this replaced while I have it out?"

Would've been more believable.

The clutch job wouldn't have been that much more expensive with everything out.
>>
>>15639659
true,

My car has 155k miles and i dont know if it ever had the clutch replaced before.
Is 155k a normal number for clutches to go out?
>>
>>15639636
Find a new mechanic. I had my clutch replaced then afterwards they were like lol you had tons of metal shavings you need a tranny rebuild soon.

Sheared a tooth off second gear two days later. Fuck 'em. Go somewhere else. The very least you deserve a call. If they don't call, they don't care.
>>
>>15639669
I'd say that clutch has had a pretty good life
>>
I always replace my clutch every 5000 miles, just to be safe. Wouldn't want to get caught with a slipping clutch when pulling out of a junction.
>>
>>15640075
haha, yeah. I replace my clutch every oil change!
>>
>>15639636
That's rather odd. He'd have to separate the transmission from the blown engine anyhow. At that point, putting in a new clutch can be done in less than a half hour.
>>
>>15640075
>every 5000 miles
This has to be a troll, right? Please?
>>
>>15640188
I do mine every 8k, 5k is a bit extreme.
>>
>>15640208
Do you use fully synthetic transmission fluid? That seems like a lot of miles to risk going without a clutch change.
>>
Swap in a chevy 350 with a TH 350
>>
>>15640208
How the fuck do you wear out that much clutch in such a short time?

Jesus christ, stop riding the damn thing, I'm surprised you don't have to get a new flywheel every time as well.

I'm missing an inside joke, surely.
>>
>>15639517

you should have just had it changed while the engine was out. it could have been cheaper
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.