[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, So was driving across the country in my Honda Jazz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (806KB, 2968x1668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806KB, 2968x1668px
Hey /o/,

So was driving across the country in my Honda Jazz (I know right, pick you up after soccer practice) when all of a sudden loud wxhaust sounds coming from my car. Like seriously bad. Sounded like a boy racer.

When I get home I checked my exhaust muffler and it was fine so followed it up the system until I got to the centre exhaust (silencer?).

The intake pipe is corroded and has sheared off (pic related)

I don't want to take it to kwik for as I am certain they will make me oh for a whole new exhaust system.

Do you know if:

a) this will cause me problems if o ignore it for a couple weeks

b) it is possible to take it to someone who can repair the pipe by welding or something

c) I should Perdue b) or just ask for a replacement part.

I'm pretty sure it's not the catalytic converter as I think this is the next part up in the exhaust system but I don't want to risk damaging/having to replace that.

Also I'm tight as fuck so wanna spend as little as possible here - there is a reason I'm driving my aunties hand-me-down.

Thx
>>
File: soup_can_exhaust-3[1].jpg (62KB, 828x621px) Image search: [Google]
soup_can_exhaust-3[1].jpg
62KB, 828x621px
>Cut both ends off soup can and also down it's seam to make sleeve
>Wrap can around problem area
>Hose clamp on both sides of break
>PROFIT
>>
Is Honda will live.
>>
>>15638626
>Soccer
>Jazz
Something doesn't add up here...
>>
>>15638642
Is that really gonna work when there's almost fuck all to grab on the right side in OP's pic?
>>
>>15638664

Soccer mom is the expression

Saying 'football mom' doesn't really sound the same
>>
>>15638642

Yeah this looks amazing and I'd do it if there was anything to clamp to on the silencer unit
>>
>>15638668
this
>>
>>15638626
you should be able to get the center section from a parts supplier and replace it yourself. or remove the silencer (hacksaw) if pic related is yours and put a piece of piping across it. I don't think>>15638642 will work as it is too close to the flange.
>>
>>15638670
A fit is just a piece of shit, not a soccer mom car.
>>
>>15638678
>>15638668
It'll work because the can will be longer than the straight part of the downpipe before it bends back so the clamp will force it backwards up against the cat or resonator. If that actually won't work sawzall the whole thing off and replace with straight pipe, soup canned on both ends and held up in the middle by a coat hanger.
>>
>>15638702

Cheers, mate.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 242x206px
>>15638710

>coat hangar
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.