[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flying cars have been the vehicle of the future since the 1950s,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (69KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 400x285px
Flying cars have been the vehicle of the future since the 1950s, why did they never take off?
>>
they did, we call them "airplanes"
>>
>>15638590
well, helicopters, technically
>>
Drivers can barely drive in 2 dimensions, a 3rd would be too much
>>
>>15638558
People die enough as is driving on flat roads.

Expense also probably had diverging to do with it.
>>
They probably couldn't get enough lift.
>>
A significant percentage of the population are shit drivers, I am glad that they have no access to flying vehicles.
>>
File: Flying-Ford-Pinto-3[1].jpg (35KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Flying-Ford-Pinto-3[1].jpg
35KB, 720x480px
>take off
heh
>>
>>15638558
>why did they never take off?
Couldn't get it up.
>>
>>15638764

>no pun intended

Maybe they need a lift bro
>>
Big government, the FAA. They went apeshit about quad copter drones, the government will never let people fly in large quantities.
>>
>>15638558
If a non-flying car breaks down, it just slows and eventually stops. If a flying car breaks down, it's going down hard. Most people won't want to bother with pre-flight checks just to get some groceries. Besides, many drivers can barely be trusted with two dimensions of movement: a third is the last thing they need.
But none of that matters anyway, because they'd get banned the moment a terrorist tries crashing one into a landing airliner.
>>
File: sensiblechuckle.gif (647KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
sensiblechuckle.gif
647KB, 500x289px
>>15638558
>why did they never take off?
>>
>>15638558
It would be a FFA nightmare
>>
>>15638599
Came here to post this. In addition you have maintenance that needs to actually be followed, infrastructure issues and general how do you handle that many things in the air problems.
>>15638612
Is this from a Bond movie? iirc it was Man with the Golden Gun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.