[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Excuse my ignorance but do front tires make a difference in RWD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Excuse my ignorance but do front tires make a difference in RWD high torque cars such as Corvettes? What's the point of getting expensive tires such as PSS's in the front instead of the back if all you need is the grip in the back?
>>
>>15632936
Do you like turning?
>>
>>15632936
because you need grip in the front too?
>>
>>15632936
i guess u r american. Don't you want to steer or turn your car? Or u only want to go straight.
>>
>>15632936
>does steering matter?
>does braking matter?
>>
I have 245s in the front and 315s in the back.
I might just be dumb but my car turns about the same as when I had 215s all around.
Maybe I just don't notice little stupid things, but all I've really gained is a fuck load of grip in the back.
>>
>>15632966
You've traded a tendency for power-oversteer for more of a tendency to understeer. Not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>15632936
When you brake the weight transfers to the front, also you want even wear on your tyres, if they are all different brands with different hard/soft compounds they'll wear at different rates
>>
>>15632966
you don't drive your car aggressively enough.

Dont worry most people think theyre pushing their cars on their daily commutes, when in fact they arent.
>>
>>15632980
most people think they've pushed their car or bike to the limit at least once, and they're nowhere near it.
>>
>>15632936

It's all about turn in for me. I always want a square front and rear tire on anything 48% weight on the front and up. I've even experimented with narrower tires on the rear of RWD that were 55% nose heavy to dial out understeer. The trade off for rear grip wasn't that big of a deal since it was street tire stuff and forward bite is limited anyway on a hard, short sidewall tire. The only time I want narrow front tires is a mid or rear engine car with weight on the rear. And even then running a wide tire if it doesn't hurt aero isn't a bad idea if you can fit it. Honestly I see some front engine RWD cars with 245s on the front and 335s on the back and wonder how they even steer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.