[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy this Bronco II as a play around with vehicle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: broncoii.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
broncoii.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
Should I buy this Bronco II as a play around with vehicle?

Bad: Over 100k miles, automatic & not 4wd. Plus, the whole "tippy" past of the BII (although I'm not an idiot & wouldn't drive it as one).

Good: Clean, title good, retro two tone, no accidents & cheap as fuck ($900)

Guy wants cash only (obviously). I really wanted a standard with 4wd (standards are way hard to come by), but its so damn cheap. Not sure what I could even do w it besides just drive it around on weekends or whatever.
>>
With neither stick nor 4WD you won't be able to do either of the fun things people do with trucks
>>
>>15633198
This.
>>15632689
Also
>fun and play around vehicle
>not manual not 4x4
Pick ONE
>>
Bronco 2s are known for cracking flexplates, I would check for the telltale signs of one.
>>
For that price buy it. Then start swapping a real drive train into it.
>>
>>15632689
>II
stopped reading there
>>
>>15633234
Literally this.

BII's are more homosexual than those of GM S10 blazers of the early 90s
>>
>>15633234
They're fine vehicles (Ford sold tons of them), esp if you're looking for smaller SUVs. Which there aren't a lot of that have that cool, retro style for cheap.

Some people don't like bigger ones because they aren't nearly as nimble, and the og Bronco was def a huge sum bitch.
>>
>>15633282
>and the og Bronco was def a huge sum bitch
No it wasn't. The most recent Bronco that ended in 96 was sorta, but the originals were small.
>>
>>15632689
looks gay as fuck desu
>>
>>15632689

The 2wd versions have dummy transfer cases, stupid easy to swap in the 4wd
>>
>>15633654
Well, everything in the 70s was small. Bog SUVs really didn't come around until the 80s. Besides, the quintessential Bronco, the one that everybody knows, was def big.

>>15633843
What would be the cost roughly?
>>
>>15632689
JUST forget it OP. there is nothing good about any bronco II and that one is especially bad as the first two replys indicate. the 2.8 and 2.9 v6's are wretched things that blow headgaskets and crack heads almost immediately. Also an auto? do I have to physically check that you still have your balls? rwd suv? wtf were they thinking? that demographic just buys vans.

also "converting" to 4x4 will insure it rusts in pieces on your parents lawn. not even remotely economic - forget it.
>>
>>15634023
What similar ride would you recommend then that is a small SUV, 4x4, manuals plenty of, cheap & nice styling that isn't a POS?

This will be a "fun" 3rd car. I had a pretty rad Wrangler TJ as a dd but had to sell it (kid #3 is coming).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.