[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutchfag here, I went to the German master race autobahn saturday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Dutchfag here, I went to the German master race autobahn saturday as a last minute decision with a friend of me. I tried to max out my new car, but I was only able to reach 186 km/h (115.5 mph) (GPS) (with around 220 kg in the car including passengers).

It's a Mazda CX-5 2.0 165 hp, I even did my best by falling for the 98 octane meme (engine has compression ratio of 15).

What did I do wrong? I tried doing it in 6th gear and never in 5th gear, was that my mistake? At 186 km/h the engine was doing around 4250 rpm in 6th gear.

The manual says the top speed is 200 km/h. I would like to reach 200 at least on the speedometer.
>>
Thanks everyone for your input
>>
Find a downhill stretch.
>>
>>15631491
>>15631587
no ecoboost
>>
>>15631587

But nobody posted anything.
>>
>>15631595
Mmm.. I drove a 90 km stretch and tried multiple times.. I will try again some time. I was actually wondering if it was the 6th gear that's the problem or me not giving it time enough.
>>
>>15631491
Just max out 5th gear, and when you're near the redline shift into 6th
>It's that simple
>>
>>15631643
> forgot it
> now I'm asking so called "experts"
> it's a long drive (almost 400 km to also get some driving done in Germany)
> fuel is expensive here
>>
>>15631688
>Fuel is expensive here
Vertel mij wat

Well I'm not sure, if you enter your license plate on autoweekDOTnl/kentekencheck you can look up the gear ratios. You can roughly calculate how much HP you're making in each gear, and how fast you can go theoretically (with the help of the tyre circumference).

Do you have smaller aftermarket wheels/tyres? That could give you a slightly lower top speed
>>
You might be at your aerodynamic limit, or you might have to drop some weight (passengers).
>>
>>15631491

You're surprised a weak 165 hp engine can't move almost 4000lbs faster than 186? You shouldn't be.

Tiny high comp engines belong on motorcycles and tiny compact cars not fat ass lifted cars and pseudo SUV's.
>>
>>15631768
Definately bad aerodynamics on this car, when comparing to other some other cars it has a faster acceleration untill air resistance comes into the game, giving it a lower top speed.

>>15631752
Just the tyres it came with (Yokohama 225/65R17 102V)

The site doesn't show the gear ratio's, unfortunately, but I found this:

1th gear ratio:3,49:1
2th gear ratio:1,99:1
3th gear ratio:1,45:1
4th gear ratio:1,00:1
5th gear ratio:0,71:1
6th gear ratio:0,60:1
Reverse gear ratio:3,99:1

So I'd say shifting down might help, since the 165 hp is available at 6000 rpm... and it was doing around 4250 at 186 km/h.

I will try again some day.
>>
>>15631782
It's not weak in the Netherlands, it's reasonable. You can't even buy the 2.5 liter version here.

Anyway, the car is 2855 lb (empty) and 3 340 lb including passengers.

Most of our cars are lighter too, as you can see. This model is based on the SkyActiv platform which is lighter at a lot of points (still 5* NCAP).

And yes, I'm surprised because it says 200 on paper.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.