[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's stopping me from taking a lease on a car and just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: part_2.jpg (940KB, 780x5831px) Image search: [Google]
part_2.jpg
940KB, 780x5831px
What's stopping me from taking a lease on a car and just disappearing forever?

Can they find me and make me pay anything back?

/fuckoverthedealership/ thread
>>
Gonna bump
>>
Had a similar idea...

If you are upside down on your car payment, and just want to voluntary repo. What is stopping one from taking it on a trip to central America, and calling up the dealer there, and catching a flight back?
>>
>>15630536
Idk man, probably could work

My investment banker was a con who stole 10k from me (money I was planning on using to pay off my car) so now I either have to runaway forever to keep my car or let it get repoed
>>
>>15630553
How'd you manage to hire a con artist?
>>
>>15630685
Not him.
But this happens a lot.
Never trust anyone with your money
>>
>>15630707
Sound advice, and noted.
>>
>>15630685
>>15630707
Yep it sucks. Trust what the guy says, don't trust anyone with your money

He conned everyone that invested with him and disappeared.

I'm 18 and I've been almost homeless for a few months because of the guy
>>
>>15630505
>What's stopping me from taking a lease on a car and just disappearing forever?

In the modern world, Grand Theft Auto means you have to avoid authorities in almost every country that has an extradition treaty with the USA. You'd have to make up a new life elsewhere and that is difficult because many other countries would be racist against you the outsider who arrived poor. If anything, their local criminals would force you to withdraw whatever money you had and give it to them. Then you'd be homeless in that foreign country.
>>
>>15630505
apparently i'm a white chick
>>
>>15631339
dunno that doesn't sound like an investment banker or you can trace him through the bank he works for. investment banks don't deal with individuals anyway.
>>
>>15631339
Rule one of Investing
Investing is gambling, do not ever invest money you need.
>inb4 muh retirement
You should be investing less and less of your retirement as you get older and older.
>>
>>15630505
>this entire thread

I mean, you COULD do this, lots of people try do it, but unless you plan on literally leaving the US and never coming back, you're just going to get sued

About 2 years ago, we had a guy get a 0 down approval on a minivan, he then took it and used it to roadtrip his family to Miami, as he'd JUST lost his job/house up here, and they wanted a free way to get to his wife's family in Florida.

They just dumped the car in Miami when they got there, assuming we'd just forget about it I guess? Took 6 months, but they tracked the guy down, they brought him back to NC for the trial, garnished his wages, fucked up his credit.

What most people don't realize about walking away from a rela car loan (as in something not from a BH-PH), is they will almost always sue you and get a wage garnishment. I sold a car to a lady not that long ago who had to deal with 14 years of wage garnishment because of 2 car loans she tried to walk away from
>>
>>15630536
Calling up the dealer/bank and agreeing to a repo doesn't get you off the hook for the loan. Hell, actually having the car repo'd won't get you off. If you're still upside down when it happens, you still owe the difference.

As LPG said, you'd pretty much need to go to a country where US law won't reach you, and never come back.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.