[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>check engine light goes on >still need to get an emissions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 20160728_125539.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160728_125539.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>check engine light goes on
>still need to get an emissions test done on car to register it
>get diagnostics ran
>loose fuel cap
>fuel cap isn't loose
>2 weeks and 6 refuels later
>check engine light suddenly goes off

Can we get a good car feels thread?
>>
>on highway
>switch lanes
>oh shit car coming up on me
>perfect downshift
>vroom
>>
>be in a line at lights leading onto highway
>in a line of fast cars

Being at the front is satisfying as is. But being in a whole queue that knows not to fuck about is even better, especially when most of the time when you're behind someone they'll go 60 the whole way up into the 100 zone.
>>
>>15628961
Just bought a new car, and I live being able to race and keep up with motorcycles on the highway now. Extremely satisfying when all you're used to driving is economy cars. Also slamming through the gears is fun.
>>
>installed a cold air intake on 16 year old sedan
>accelerates much nicer and sounds fucking glorious
Happy days
>>
> car just washed
> interior clean and vacuumed
> finally replaced that missing trim screw

Feels so good just cruising around with a clean car and you swear it feels just a tad faster
>>
>>15630544
No doubt anon, had my car detailed recently right after buying it and it felt much nicer than I deserved for what I payed.
>>
>>15630544
>you swear it feels just a tad faster
Friction with the air can be significant, though with a car it is debatable if that is noticeable. With jet airplanes it is noticeable (not to the pilots) but to the fuel economy. That's why they wash and wax their jet airplanes in order to improve fuel economy.
>>
>>15630860
I have never heard of a jet being waxed
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 277x182px
>yuropoor
>just started new job, not much money
>power steering pump is making a constant whining noise and the steering feel is wonky vague and sometimes alright
>no leaks, wtf
>then it also needed a brake job (discs, pads, e-brake and air in system + rust hole)
>drop it off at my my mechanics place
>tell him to fix all of the crap that needs fixing, ill deal with it
>tell the guy to take his time
>2 weeks pass
>go to pick up car- brakes done, rust hole done
>ask him about the steering wazooo
>what steering problems? there are none
>get in
>brakes feel great, rust hole is patched up
>also the steering is good again- no noise, feels great
>literally nothing has been done to it
>it just sat for 2 weeks
>3 months have passed
>bike to work, barely drive it 2x a week
>steering is gud

damn mazda, you make good shitboxes. 3 euros per 100 km due to LPG and cold air gets shoved in my face. good ol shitmobile. will sell it for an e46 or something with atleast 2.8 l engine.
>>
>Car has strange clunking noise when turning sharply to the right.
>Put car on lift multiple times, nothing loose, everything in good condition.
>Suspension expert has no idea wtf is making clunking.
>mfw it randomly stops a few weeks ago after a year of clunking.

what the fuck, it feels good, but holy shit my car isn't supposed to fix itself
>>
>>15631124

CV Joints? Wheel bearings?
>>
>>15628810
Sounds like your car is giving up on life. It tried to warn you but you didn't listen
>>
>>15630864
Yup, I exclusively use jet wax on my civic. Should see her go mate!
>>
>>15628810
>fuel cap isn't loose

You are misunderstanding how the fuel cap works in regards to the CEL and the environmental pollution system. Most often, the fuel cap is loose or missing which would cause the CEL to come on due to a pressure sensing problem with the fuel tank. If the fuel cap was dropped on the ground too many times (or was simply defective), the pressure relief control valve in the cap could be malfunctioning.

The reason why fuel caps have a pressure valve is to allow a small amount of negative pressure to exist in the gas tank. That way, gasoline vapors from the tank do not come out into the atmosphere. Eventually, the entire "air space" of the gas tank is filled only with vapors from the gasoline itself.
>>
>>15632566
The problem is I have to turn the cap to a very specific point which I've found for the light to stay off, I'm not worried about it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.