[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who feels that "racing" a car in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 784796790.jpg (11KB, 197x230px) Image search: [Google]
784796790.jpg
11KB, 197x230px
Am I the only one who feels that "racing" a car in reality is far easier than doing it in a game with a PC wheel and pedals?
>>
Makes perfect sense

Racing games can simulate the physics all they want, but they can't simulate the feel. Feel is part of driving a car.

It's similar with flying. I find it much easier to fly a real plane than a digital plane.
>>
Yes but VR and motion platforms can help
>>
>>15626457
this.

also i think it's because when playing video games it's easier to lose concentration
>>
walking irl is easier too

don't get stuck in walls and shit
>>
yes, hard to get a feel for momentum
and in say 65% of games i can brake harder in a car than in the game.
>>
File: fuckrage_.jpg (157KB, 460x569px) Image search: [Google]
fuckrage_.jpg
157KB, 460x569px
>friend invites me to test drive his new Logitech wheel

>sitting at the desk on the computer chair with while using the pedals and the wheel feels so awkward
>pedals are way too fucking soft and way too less pedal way
>slight delay between steering movement and actual action in-game
>pedals keep slipping away
>wheel mechanics make annoying noise
>"feedback effects" rattle the whole shit like mad
>wheel gets loose from the desk and ...
that's it. fucking no.
>mfw
this was more frustrating and annoying than entertaining.
that day I felt like a gran autismo the very first time in my life.
>>
>>15626498
Kek
>>
In most games I tried the cars either understeered like a motherfucker or snap-oversteered without any warnings or oversteered no matter what you did. Fuck this. No middle ground.
>>
>>15626498
>don't get stuck in walls and shit
Nice humble brag.
>>
File: IMG-20160615-00438.jpg (869KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160615-00438.jpg
869KB, 2560x1920px
>>15626512
Your friend was just too fucked to set the wheel up properly.
>>
>>15626654
>tissue box

classy
>>
File: 1468519692476.jpg (870KB, 2254x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1468519692476.jpg
870KB, 2254x1268px
>>15626675
In my glory days I just had a roll of shit tickets. I sold the wheel and now this is my setup.
>>
>>15626446
Because you don't drift through corners at 100mph in real life.
>>
>>15626446
>Am I the only one who feels that "racing" a car in reality is far easier than doing it in a game with a PC wheel and pedals?

Nope, I've never been able to get the feel for racing games. I think a lot of it is just the feedback you get from a car that can't be accurately reproduced in a game. First time I took my car to a track (non competitively) it was hundreds of times easier to handle than in a video game.
>>
>>15626565
Forza is pretty good, you just have to tune the cars correctly.
>>
>>15626446

It is if you've got a bucket seat and harness to hold you in place. Otherwise, inertia is gonna be throwing your body around too much to notice the better feel.
>>
>>15626759
lol
>>
>>15626446
I honestly can't play car racing games, just no good at it regardless of the controller, pedals, wheels etc- it just doesn't click with me
>>
>he isn't sponsored by Fanatec
>>
>>15626512
what is force feedback even good for? it is shit and simulates nothing.
the only time when i get some kind of a force/movement from my car's steering wheel is when i accelerate hard while steering which is pretty rare.
>>
>>15631404
a well set up toy wheel should go a bit light when you lose grip. also when you're in a FWD car and you floor it the wheel should try and straighten itself out. when you go over kerbs there should be a bit of rattling (in a real car you get most of this feedback through your butt, which a wheel obviously can't simulate).

real cars vary because some give you more feedback through the wheel than others.
>>
i have trouble keeping track of the revs without being able to feel them

and something about the screen, maybe i play on shitty TV's or whatever, but i find it really hard to judge how far away a corner really is
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.