[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This morning I was sifting Cracked for anything decent in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: battery charger.jpg (239KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
battery charger.jpg
239KB, 550x550px
This morning I was sifting Cracked for anything decent in the daily shit deposit, and found this. Seems like it'd be a neat idea. Modify Tesla's tech a bit, use suspension and brakes that aren't crap, maybe selectable AWD/RWD, and add a bunch more batteries, because these cars are seriously huge and who's going to complain about extra weight in a Charger?

It'd probably be a pretty great car in every respect, but the question is: would you actually want one?
>>
itd be retard expensive

would be better to just convert existing Chargers
>>
Cracked used to be my go-to source of morning bathroom entertainment. When did it all go so wrong?
>>
'70 is best year
Anyway, I could see this being a cool 1 off car, but more than that nah. Most Tesla cars are basically cars built around the technology, unlike this, so you would need Elon Musk himself to see if this would be a good platform for it or not.
And not I wouldn't want one, the sound of the 440 is the second best part about that car
>>
>>15624878
>When did it all go so wrong?
Liberals were hired.
>>
>>15624878
It got bought out by a Jew
No I'm not even kidding
>>
>>15624878
Cracked stayed the same, the times/you changed
There are loads of sites I used to love and go on every day, that are stale to me now.
>>
Some shop in America converted an old Mustang to electric. His own system, which made something like 1k HP and went flat after 20-50 miles. 0-60 in like 2. Roasts slicks. Pretty fucking awesome.
>>
>>15624860
>Cracked
Oh god why. That place became absolutely terrible years ago.
>>
>>15624883
Was about to say that. Bought out by some other company that wants to be Gawker.

>>15624888
I dunno man, there's been a definite shift. Used to be mostly articles about random cool shit, now its solid weeks of (usually extremely liberal) political soapboxing. I really dont give a shit about politics, but the fact that they displace stuff I actually want to read annoys me.
>>
>>15624880
Wouldn't have to be a Tesla, because all their engineering is open source. Now Im not 100% sure that some company can just say "Thanks for all this electric car research senpai" and know exactly how to build a Tesla driveline, but those new laws coming into effect for low-volume car makers building exact replicas could probably let things like this become a reality.
>>
File: file.png (754KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
754KB, 1000x665px
No
But a '65 Riviera converted to electric drive would be nice. Maybe even leave a small engine in the front for power generation
>>
>>15624888
Not that that doesn't happen all the time but this is one scenario where that is incorrect. It used to be just dumb humor. There was little to no political/social slant and it was mostly just lists of useless trivia and 'weird but true' news. Now that sort of stuff is in the minority and most of it is gawkerbait.
>>
>>15624878
>he hasn't browsed dark roasted blend on the shitter for the past 10 years
>>
>>15624944
why not just leave the huge v8
>>
>>15624860
Why would it need a tube frame chassis when you can get a reproduction unibody?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.