[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm watching pic related. Lets assume protaganists car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: duel.jpg (19KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
duel.jpg
19KB, 200x300px
So i'm watching pic related.
Lets assume protaganists car was a poorfag trim with 3-speed manual and I6.
Would it be so underpowered as be unable to stay in front of a truck with a load?
>>
>>15624554

Just barely. Those old Valiants could barely reach 100mph. The Peterbilt in the movie was supposedly modified to hit the 90mph it did during filming.

You also have consider the state of mind of the character in that he had to either approach a very dangerous velocity and possibly end up crashing or get crushed down by some psycho with a CDL.
>>
>>15624554
That's a great poster
>>
>>15624554
225 slant wouldn't 'fly' up the hill but it would climb it at the speed limit. At the same time, it might of been a 318 model which had more torque therefore better for climibing hills but the top speed was more or less the same to the 225. To add to this, the car in the movie was certified to be an automatic transmission

If you noticed too the speedometer needle only crawls up the gauges, he really was pushing it as far as it could go which is fuckall to todays standards
>>
File: 349634967.jpg (94KB, 580x853px) Image search: [Google]
349634967.jpg
94KB, 580x853px
>>15624624
>That's a great poster

...If you're an ant.
>>
This movie is tense af
>>
>what is a movie
>what is a story
realism shits like you ruined the video game industry too, after 2004 everything was a brown and bloom nothing "sim" abortion. Go outside if you want realism, a movie is supposed to be fun. By the way, there's almost a 100% chance that you think everything in initial d is real
>>
File: plausible.jpg (137KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
plausible.jpg
137KB, 625x351px
>>15624554
It depends. The truck driver would probably keep his preferred murder weapon in a condition where her could actually catch other cars while the car driver was a travelling saleman who probably spent the bare minimum keeping his car running so it might have needed a tune-up.
>>
>>15624831
Never watched initial D. Just wondering if this was actually possible or not, i enjoyed the movie regardless.
>>
>>15624831
You're a cunt
>>
>>15624831
Please go back to /v/
>>
Only until the fuel crisis did semi trucks become about never going over 60mph, get the best gas milage you can. Before then, there were 15 Liter or bigger supercharged, turbo charged and even procharged (both) diesel engines out there ranging from inline 6s to 2 stroke v12s. Transmissions have 18 speeds, plenty to get up to speed, fuel tanks can be dual 100 gallons which will out range any car even if getting 3mpg.

People tend to forget that most cars are still speed limited to 109-112mph, even v8 impalas are. That's only 19mph faster than shown in a 50 year old movie.
>>
>>15624987
>People tend to forget that most cars are still speed limited to 109-112mph, even v8 impalas are.
Murrika, everyone.
>>
>>15625005
>Plug in a tuner and program out the limit
Wow so hard
>>
File: MF1.jpg (78KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
MF1.jpg
78KB, 720x405px
>>15624987
>People tend to forget that most cars are still speed limited to 109-112mph

Maybe for econoboxes. I know that at least 2 of my vehicles can go beyond 112mph.
>>
>>15624987
>procharged (both)
Twincharged is both. Procharger is a brand of centrifugal supercharger.
>>
>>15625022
shit the caddy is beutifull, is it a 1970 eldorado?
>>
>>15624831
>what normies think as realism
>actually realistic

No

Actual sims existed way before and were far better than the endless array of CoD clones. As for movies, how many modern movies actually claim to be realistic, seeing as most are nothing but cgi at this point.
>>
File: MF2.jpg (82KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
MF2.jpg
82KB, 720x405px
>>15625079
>1970 eldorado

Good eye.

Speaking of top speed it did 117mph (measured by GPS) on a highway between Denver, CO and Cheyenne, WY. Probably could've gone faster another couple mph faster if I was closer to sea level.

The Lexus has done ~130mph somewhere in Oklahoma and still had a bit more to give.
>>
>>15625108
yeah recognising any model year of cadillac brand is one of my useless talent. this gen is one of the best caddys ever made in my opinion. does it have 472 or 500? i only saw one in yurop
>>
>>15625263
500. It's the whole reason why I even bought the car. '70 was the only year you could get that motor before they dropped compression for emissions.
>>
>>15625274
oh shit my dream car caddy with 400hp and 8.2 liter v8, can't beat that. A few yuropean automotive magazines were praising this car so much becouse of the huge engine, they were even saying the eldorado was the most powerfull car in the world hahhaha. anyway can't wait to import one over here
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.