[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys. I never come to /o/, but this is my car, a 2009 G6 GT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 15756240.jpg (146KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
15756240.jpg
146KB, 1024x768px
Guys. I never come to /o/, but this is my car, a 2009 G6 GT. I want to do shit to it.

Basically I want to get a cold air intake kit and a new mass air flow sensor, a specialized hood based on the GXP design, an exhaust kit, and probably new headlights.

Am I a retard? Although Pontiac has a shit reputation this car has never really given me any issues other than the ball joints on the front wheels
>>
Yes it'll never compete against anything more than some fwd hatchbacks from the early 2000's. This isn't the Fast and Furious Era anymore, fwd and anything less than 8 cylinders is absolute shit. If you like the Pontiac look, get the G8, v8 if you can but even the v6 will feel much better than what you have.
>>
>>15622807

The GT model (AKA my car) has a V6.
>>
>>15622745
At least sell it for the GXP anon.

V8 and fwd. What could go wrong?
>>
>>15622745
I drive an 08 base with the v6. There's not much. You kind of covered all the basics, intake, exhaust, and you can also get a 93 octane tune. The tune is the best bang for your buck by far.

You can also, if you want, run some drain pipe extender from the front near the radiator to the intake to funnel cool air. A new MAF wont do much, nor will the hood.

>>15622822
You're thinking of the grandprix. The GXP G6 had a DOHC 3.6L
>>
>>15622872
Although I should mention. You can actually mod these cars to handle surprisingly well. That's where almost all of my modding has gone on this car.
>>
And by bang for your buck he means a huge waste of money. I'm sorry your cars not sporty and never will be. Don't waste money on it. As everyone else said buy something else.
>>
>>15622892
The car is literally in the /o/ sticky under the "as fast as your dollar can go section".
>>
>>15622901

If you're looking for a fast car in the sub 5k range you're making a bad financial decision. "Fast" cars are 15k and up.
>>
>>15622906
Alright man, have fun with your debt.
>>
>>15622933

Alright man, have fun with your sub-600 credit score and mindset that makes you think payments are going to put financially responsible people in the hole.
>>
>>15622943
Will do, thanks friendo :^)
>>
>>15622872
>>15622883

Thanks for the input. I was wondering if there were any good suspension mods out there. Any recommendations on what I should do?
>>
>>15622745
You're retarded. If you're dying for a modern Pontiac, get a GTO. I'd say get a G8 GXP because the GT didn't come with a stick, but good luck finding one, let alone for anything near its actual worth.
>>
>>15622987
eibach prokit lowering springs for 250 buckaroos
>>
>>15622987
It's still pretty limited. You can upgrade your sway bar bushings to polyurethane (the rears are a pain, but this is a surprisingly good mod), lower the car (beware the rear camber, I had to get hub shims to get back into spec, and that was a whole other can of worms), you can swap in the GTP/GXP shocks, there's beefier sway bar end links from the GTP/GXP (I don't know if they -really- do anything, but they were the same price and my stock ones gave out). I'm trying to think of anything else I did. Generally aside from lowering the car and the bushings I just replaced the parts that broke with GTP/GXP stock parts.
>>
>>15622816
Yes and? The v6 in the g8 is better and it's rwd.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.