[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it generally a bad idea in this day and age to buy a DeLorean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: delorean.jpg (71KB, 880x495px) Image search: [Google]
delorean.jpg
71KB, 880x495px
is it generally a bad idea in this day and age to buy a DeLorean?

looking for an 81 model.
i dunno man i got 30k to spare on a car and its just really cool to look at and ive always wanted one since i saw one as a kid in universal studious (only time i ever saw one in my life btw)
>>
theyre completely shit

theyve been a bad idea since day 1
>>
It was a bad idea to own one when they were new. If you have disposable income then there is no reason why you shouldn't. If have the space to store it and the money to fix it. It snot cheap and there is only one person in the entire world that has parts for it, be lives in Australia, because he bought them all when they went bankrupt.
>>
>>15619750
I thought they where like 3 companies who sell parts in the us.

yeah im aware that it doesnt perform as well but ive always wanted one desu
im just unsure if its THAT shit.
>>
>>15619734
though
>>
>>15619777
It is THAT shit.
If you want it as a trophy or showpiece its fine.
>>
File: s-l400[1].jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400[1].jpg
35KB, 400x400px
If you're absolutely in love with it then go for it but /o/ can tell you a lot of much better cars $30k can buy you that will even appreciate more than a Delorean as its value has already plateaued

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322220259740

Note: An all-original low mileage RT/10 will probably appreciate more than this rebuilt GTS it's just what I'd buy with $30k
>>
>>15619811
>>15619826
so its truly a collectors piece aye?
with little to know value as a drivers car?
man to be honest i saved a good amount and intended to DD it, and ease the performance a bit through mods ( never really did research into whether or not that was possible) but thanks for the input, ill think about it
>>
>>15619777
Dude nothing is THAT shit if you have money to blow. You could have a machine shop fab shit for it if money was no object.

Thats why some guys will pull that rusted heap out of the cornfield and restore it. Itll cost tens of thousands of dollars just to get it running again let alone doing the frame off rotisserie resto. But those those people have money to burn.

If you think a delorian will be that snowflake you can tinker on. Um, no.
>>
>>15619864
but it will be a snowflake right?
>>
>>15619734
Get some taste. You will just be "The delorean guy". This will define your entire existence from now on
>>
File: s-l400[1].jpg (31KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l400[1].jpg
31KB, 400x300px
>>15619853
My shitty $1500 fox body would smoke it no matter what you did to it barring such extreme overhauls as >>15619864 suggests that would destroy its collector value at which point you would have been better off to have started with a Fiero and put a Delorean body kit on it after the build.

Also I'm having second thoughts about my $30k fantasy I see a guy selling an unpolished Factory Five GTM for that price I might contact him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm//252472661352
>>
>>15619943
Pretty much true, but the only good thing about DeLorean is body. Original engine is terrible. Let's say you have 50k$ to burn then deloran body on other platform with electric engine would be bretty gool.
>>
File: 4L_M4JTVOzU.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_M4JTVOzU.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Saw one in Houston
Shit was fucking cool
>pic related
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.