[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want an XJS, it looks like they're going up in value a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: jaguar-xj-s-v12-3_1600x0w.jpg (582KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar-xj-s-v12-3_1600x0w.jpg
582KB, 1600x1200px
I want an XJS, it looks like they're going up in value a bit. Is the V12 worth the maintenance?
>>
nah

just toss the shit for a SBC
>>
>>15617562
Of you pay more than 10k for a clean v12 you're doing it wrong. Keep the original engine or buy a different car.
>>
>>15617596
better yet, pull the engine, keep the engine and get a different car.
>>
>>15617562
The worst piece of shit jag ever shit out, please don't
I would know
>>
>>15617562
remove engine
acquire 2 junkyard sbcs for $1000
mate them at the crank
spend 2 afternoons putting in car
enjoy your v16 10.6-12.4l engine with the same or better than british reliability
>>
>>15617622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9I7GWllPFY
>>
Apparently the V12 isn't that hard to work on, it's just that there's so much to work on that it seems really daunting at first.
>>
the V12 isnt as awful as people make it out to be. It might look challenging at first cause of the dickload of stuff all everywhere.

however if I remember some years of the XJS are objectively better than others years. I dont know them off the top of my head but you could find it by googling it.
>>
File: openerb[1].jpg (326KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
openerb[1].jpg
326KB, 1000x667px
>>15618815
>>15618853
yeah apparently it's relatively easy as everything is exposed albeit apparently randomly rather than neatly tucked away somewhere inaccessible.
>>
>>15617562
If you can keep up with the maintenance, the only real drawback would be the often single-digit mpgs.

The early 3 speed auto is also fucking miserable, so try grabbing a later 4 speed. There are manuals out there, but good luck finding one of those.

The V12, while not as nightmarish as more modern ones (i.e. BMW 850) can be a pain, so try finding a 3.6 straight six.

Ultimately, the "problem" with the XJS is that its successor XK8 is far more reliable, fast, confortable, modern, safe, largely better looking, easy to live with, and cheaper to buy and run.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.