[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my car oversteer in the dry and understeer in the wet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (669KB, 1280x1903px)
image.jpg
669KB, 1280x1903px
Why does my car oversteer in the dry and understeer in the wet? It makes no fucking sense surely it should be the reverse?
>>
>>15589463
Who is this seamen deamen?
>>
>>15589463
Cause your lines suck.
>>
>>15589463
try some different tyres
>>
>>15589481
Some worthless 3DPD slag
>>
>>15589463
driver mod
>>
>>15589481
Anzu
dirty turkroach cosplayer
3dpd
>>
>>15589481
It's a trap
>>
>>15589463
might be some fucky suspension geometry.
in the wet you don't get as much body roll so your front tires might not plant themselves as well as well as they would in the dry
>>
>>15589495
When I was running ditch finders as soon as there was a dab of rain the back end had zero grip, but in the dry they were ok. Now that I've got top tier tyres I have the 'problem' described in the OP.
>>
>>15589666
This makes sense I guess.

Car is a quattro Audi so it's a heavy boat. I did notice the oversteer was on the exit of corners after I straighten up and the cars weight sloshes about and throws the car off. It's certainly not power oversteer as the car has no power.
>>
>>15589463
when this happens are you braking on approach to a turn?

If so it would make sense that the decreased grip means you are not braking as hard and therefore aren't transfering as much weight to the front wheels in preparation for the corner
>>
>>15589696
No just making my way quickly around a roundabouts.

There's a fun roundabout near my home where it tightens up to a near 90 degree turn, not braking or anything the car oversteers around this if you drive fast enough. First time I noticed was when I was coming back from my journey it was raining so I decided to go throw it at this bend, but it just plowed towards the kerb.

Tested this wet/dry shit on a bunch of roads, it wasn't just a fluke.
>>
>>15589667
so go back to ditchfinders.
fact is different tyres give a different handling balance front to rear
>>
>>15589768
Don't get me wrong, the ditchfinders were way slower, but they had the reverse handling characteristics, that's what confused me.
>>
>>15589463
Makes perfect sense to me; your car just lacks grip and road holding.

Git gud, and stop hammering it into corners.
>>
>>15589785
I'm not complaining, shits fun. I never expected VAG trash to be able to oversteer just from carrying speed through a corner.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.