[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is this and why is it the first time i hear ab

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1343784472575225157.jpg (119KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
1343784472575225157.jpg
119KB, 970x546px
What the fuck is this and why is it the first time i hear about it
>corvette engine V8 7L with 505hp
>weighs 1.6 tons
>Manual 6-speed 4wd/rear wheel drive
>that fucking suspension
>its greek wtf

http://www.korresproject.gr/?page_id=3233

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB4PolRV_JI
>>
>>15588720
>its greek
>trash.webm

I aint clicking your shit fagit.
>>
>>15588727
have you considered that greece is in fucking debt bigger than the sea how the fuck are they able to make a fucking supercar
>>
>>15588735
Negro, first of all its not a supercar. Secondly, anything that tries to combine two different types of vehicles (sports car and off road 4x4 in this case) will, by default, be complete shit. The greeks have been broke for about 2200 years now. Just because one of them manages to scrape enough cash to make a car doesnt mean squat.
>>
>>15588735
>have you considered that greece is in fucking debt bigger than the sea

The US debt is bigger.
>>
>>15588789
i dont see why it will be shit it like the best from both worlds since you can offroad it and at the same time be a fast car
>trash by default
>no examples
>>
File: rally-fighter-xl.jpg (223KB, 970x600px) Image search: [Google]
rally-fighter-xl.jpg
223KB, 970x600px
>>15588789
>Secondly, anything that tries to combine two different types of vehicles (sports car and off road 4x4 in this case) will, by default, be complete shit
Then explain this
>>
>>15588735
>>15588798
Even in terms of European nations, Greek debt is actually low. Its just that they dont make anything to sell. You know your nation is shit when the biggest money maker is attracting tourist to look at your ruins.
>>
>>15588720
All I know is I WANT ONE!

original Pikes Peak feels

Would abuse it so hard. 10/10 great idea.
>>
>>15588818
how? why? who allowed this to happen? is the country run by monkeys?
>>
>>15588798
except US national debt is actually a good thing
>>
>>15588811
>>15588815
Ok, lets do it this way. Take a corvette and add a overly complex and heavy suspension system that is soft as fuck and what happens to the corvette. It turns to shit. Take a jeep and put regular road going tires to it so its comfortable to drive on the roads and what do you get, a shitty off roader. "Well, just put knobbly tires on it." Then you got a corvette with loud as fuck tires.

When you make a sportcar off road capable you have o take a little away from the sportscar and when you make an off road vehicle into a sports car you have to take a little away from the off road vehicle.

Even if it turns out to be good overall you neevr get the best of both worlds. It always ends up being shit.
>>
>>15588857
being mediocre at both is not a bad thing since the owners will most likely never push their car at the limits
sorry man what i see here is a good sports car for both terrains and it will do its job just fine
and if we think about it a little more we can have that as a great rally car with some changes of course
>>
>>15588735
this might surprise you but there's a lot of highly educated people in greece with fuck all to do.
and just because the government owes money doesn't mean there aren't people with fortunes under matresses... in fact that's half the problem.
the issue is they can't devalue their currency so they can't export competitively and all forms of industry can not grow.
so most greeks who have the means to leave do so, exacerbating the problem.
thanks germany.
>>
>>15588857
all design is a compromise, that's the skill in it. it's the first thing you're taught.

these guys produced something pretty cool in it's own right. hats off to them. it must be doubly hard doing it in that country.
>>
i was expecting some rediculous concept thing that will never happen or be affordable but this thing actually looks pretty good!
natually not a single one will actually get sold but if i could id get it.
looks like a raised lotus elise really.
i wonder how well it could actually stack up against things like trophy trucks or rally car type things
>>
>>15588825
>>15588888
Yes, I could say monkeys are in charge, and yes, this was a very hard thing to achieve.

Source: I am greek.

Now let's talk about the car. This is another victim of bureaucracy, so it will not see production probably, other than very people going, "hey, I want one, Here's half a million".

In general automotive development is not blooming in Greece 'cause the goverment doesn't want to bother. Tesla was considering building their european factory here in 2012, but all they got was a lukewarm response and a lot of delays in the permissions needed, so they packed up and went in Holland.

Back on the P4 though, I had the luck to see it from up close. It's smaller than what it looks, and the LS7 sounds great.

Makkinen also chimed in. He said it was pretty cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Qx8doCPMU
>>
>>15588909
>but all they got was a lukewarm response and a lot of delays in the permissions needed, so they packed up and went in Holland.
why did you miss this opportunity, what happened behind the scenes?
>>
File: 1437915956546.jpg (202KB, 794x732px) Image search: [Google]
1437915956546.jpg
202KB, 794x732px
>>15588915
like I said, bureaucracy (not) at work, environmental aproovements stalled among some other stuff. Holland even provided tesla with the location for free, knowing that having tesla there would bring them revenue. The factory was made in early 2013.

And that was not even the fuckup we had in the automotive industry. Back in the early 80s, when the japanese started branching into europe, nissan was seriously looking into making its european factory here in Greece, since in '74 we got out from the coup and we were looking for some big investors, and sweetened the pot for them. And with everything almost done, the unions dropped the bomb. They wanted complete management of the factory, meaning that nissan would provide only the capital funds, and the unions would control everything else. Of course the execs smelled the stinks from miles away and left for england, where they set shop in sunderland, with the english offering to them "earth and water".

It's really sad if you think about it. This country is going to shit because some people get greedier by the moment...
>>
>>15589070
is there any future for the country at all nevermind the automotive market also whatup with this company :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namco_(automobiles)
did they make it?
>>
>>15589070
>Holland even provided tesla with the location for free, knowing that having tesla there would bring them revenue. The factory was made in early 2013.
Ah the famous EU solidarity and brotherhood at work.
Feel sorry for you poor bastards - you've got no friends on the inside or the out.
>>
>>15589081
They've been trying since 2013. There are whispers that they might export the compact pickups to iran and india, since they are always in the market for small utility vehicles, but nothing is solid. The only succesfull maker in Greece right now is Replicar Hellas, which makes high quality vintage porsches, and they have an international clientele, and a few months ago they got permission from the goverment to be driven in Greece by private owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onY9YuAOVhY

>>15589090
We are not trying to make any from the looks of it too
>>
File: mazda_rx_7.jpg (48KB, 670x376px) Image search: [Google]
mazda_rx_7.jpg
48KB, 670x376px
>>15589157
thats pretty cool for them do they have plans in expanding and have a bigger collection other than porsches

>We are not trying to make any from the looks of it too
whats do you mean?
>>
>>15589175
Probably not. They have the blessings of porsche on this one of course, but we are talking about hand made cars, and the facility is quite small. I think they are below 20, and ruf is concidered a boutique manufacturer and it has 70 people working in it.

But the biggest reason is the owner of replicar just loves the 356 and 550 so much, he wanted to make a living making them, just how Alois Ruf loves the 911.

And as for the last part, our opinions change like the weather, so nobody really takes us seriously anymore or wants to back us up, but that discussion is a bit to /pol/ for me...
>>
>>15589215
shame it would be very nice to see more oldschool cars roaming the roads but let the man live his dream i guess, good luck with your country and all of its problems
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.