[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I'm going to pick up my 91 Laredo tomorrow and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: jeep_cherokee_1985_pictures_1.jpg (700KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
jeep_cherokee_1985_pictures_1.jpg
700KB, 1280x960px
Hey /o/

I'm going to pick up my 91 Laredo tomorrow and I need suggestions for the radio headunit. It's got some shitty Pioneer shitbox piece of shit shiny plastic thing in it.

The best would be an original head unit, but otherwise, does anyone have suggestions for understated attractive head units I could put in there? I just really really don't like flashy bright cheap head units, especially in nice old cars like this.
>>
>>15579799
>especially in nice old cars like this.
Dude no. Cherokee are fun but they're not like a MkIV or something.

>original head unit

I've got one out of a '92 but it's JUST a radio/clock if you want it.
>>
File: 1460446617979.png (23KB, 687x598px) Image search: [Google]
1460446617979.png
23KB, 687x598px
jeeps are like old trailbikes

They take insane punishment and only ask for fuel in return.

Hell ive got a XJ with
>Broken transfer case
>Broken bullbar
>Broken front axle left hand Ujoint bent
AND a broken CPS sensor which i pour water over and she STILL goes

Basically its the XR250 of cars

Absolutely insanely reliable and stupidly fast and light on its feet both on and offroad
>>
Fair points guys, you are right. It's just that it's a particularly clean one and the interior is in very good condition, so if I'm going to have an aftermarket headunit, I'd prefer to have one that isn't offensive to look at with a glaring bright LCD screen flashing neon colors that pierce the night for miles.

>>15579885
Hmm, maybe that's a little on the basic side. Just for shits and gigs, what would you want for it?
>>
>>15580015
>I'd prefer to have one that isn't offensive to look at with a glaring bright LCD screen flashing neon colors that pierce the night for miles.
They make ones where you can dim the LEDs and such. The LCD displays usually aren't that out of place.

>what do I want for it
If you're in the US, idk $40+shipping? Shouldn't be more than like $55 total.
>>
>>15580015
Here's a pic. It has everything so you can just pop it in.
>>
>>15580054
Thanks, I appreciate you taking a pic. I'll bear it in mind, but I think I'd like to either get something new and not shit looking or get an older one with at least a cassette.

I like stuff like this, http://www.crutchfield.com/p_522JHD3630/Jensen-Heavy-Duty-JHD3630BT.html?tp=5684
>>
>>15580148
>300 dollary doos
Jesus. Another option is to check the local junkyard. You might find one with a cassette deck. Anything older than I think '94 won't work because they switched to a dual din format.
>>
>>15579799
>Laredo
>Not wrangler laredo

kys
>>
>>15580186
die in a hole cunt
>>
File: alpine.jpg (10KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
alpine.jpg
10KB, 300x169px
>>15579799

Anything Alpine of the same year, and you can do an aux input thru the changer plug on the back.
>>
>>15580204
well on my way, senpai
>>
>>15579901
So what your saying is you've got an xj Cherokee that's completely fucked, therefore they are awesome trucks.
>>
>>15580307
I think what he's saying is that he's got an XJ Cherokee that's absolutely fucked and it still runs better than most shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.