[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sick of my old, slow 2004 Prius. I'd like to make a complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: toyota-prius-2004-9[1].jpg (742KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-prius-2004-9[1].jpg
742KB, 1024x576px
Sick of my old, slow 2004 Prius. I'd like to make a complete 180 and get a 2000 ford mustang convertible. I've never had a convertible before but I figured it'd be nice since I live on the coast in a beach town. The price of the mustang minus the cost of my trade in is going to be around $5000. Is it worth it?

I feel like my Prius is a ticking time bomb since I'll eventually get set with a $2-3,000 traction battery replacement. But with a Ford can I can get fixed from just about any mechanic.
>>
The mustang sounds like a terrible mistake to me
>>
>>15575141
Why? Too old? 75k miles on it vs my 200k Prius. What would you recommend for a fast 2-door automatic in the 5k range?
>>
how much does a replacment battery job cost if you were to DIY, ive been thinking about picking up a Prius, but like OP, im scared of the battery shitting itself.
>>
>>15575138
V6 or v8?

the v6 will leave you very disappointed
>>
>>15575340
DIY you can get refurbished batteries from re-involt or whatever the hell that company is called. But I didn't want to deal with all that shit and I'm hearing the dealer replacement batteries are still a ripoff. Basically the battery is worth more than the car at my point with a 2004.

>>15575352
it's a v6 convertible. wouldn't the switch from the slow prius be good enough of an improvement? i was also considering a local chevy cobalt for 4k, but it's not the SS manual model that /o/ likes. And that's just a 4 cylinder...
>>
File: 1466834174840.jpg (125KB, 1224x1445px) Image search: [Google]
1466834174840.jpg
125KB, 1224x1445px
>>15575618
>wants to switch to a mustang from a Prius
>v6 automatic
>hey guys what's. Suggestion for a fast 2 door automatic?
>fast
>automatic
Pick only one.
A v6 automatic mustang that's 16 years old is not worth 5k. Jesus Christ don't be a retard. Buy something with manual trans so you don't worry about a torque converter. Even most Japanese 4 bangers make more power than that thing. Buy a rsx type s or a bug eye wrx
>>
>>15576001
Thanks for the advice. I'm not really interested in a manual transmission, though, so I guess that takes fast out of the picture. Makes it hard to text and drive.

Any suggestions for a used 2 door automatic? I've been leading towards the G6 since there's a few around 8k in my area.
>>
>>15576544
>I'm not really interested in a manual transmission, though, so I guess that takes fast out of the picture. Makes it hard to text and drive.

This whole thread is actually some quality b8. I'm impressed.
>>
>>15576544
very elaborate bait
>>
>>15576554
>>15576570
I assure you this isn't bait. I'm just sick of the hybrid and I'm looking for something that'll really jump when I take off. I have to floor it to keep up with most cars with the Prius.
>>
>>15576544
If not bait, go lay down in traffic
>>
>>15576001
>fast
>automatic

my auto car does 0-60 in like 4.5 seconds. with a stock converter. kill yourself weeaboo
>>
>>15576650
what kind of car is that? that's what i'm looking for mainly.
>>
Why won't you learn how to drive a stick? It's much more fun than driving an automatic CVT prius. Are you afraid of stalling?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.