[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i have a volvo s80 that wont start. the lights come on, but the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s80.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
s80.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
i have a volvo s80 that wont start. the lights come on, but the engine cranks repeatedly when i try to turn it on.

the battery is a bit hidden, and i think it has one of its charging terminals apart from the it. what is the safest way to start this thing so i can drive it around to charge it?

im not in too much of an emergency so is there a way to just turn my car off, take the battery out and charge it from a wall socket?
>>
also im not just assuming that the problem does not lie elsewhere... i did leave one of my accessories on too long.
>>
>>15575021
>take the battery out and charge it from a wall socket?
You would need a trickle charger to do that.

Just bum a jump start.
>>
If the engine cranks, your battery is not the problem.

You obviously have charge.

Do you have fuel in your car?

Smell the exhaust after trying to start it, does it smell rich and petrolly?

Maybe a fuel pump is fucked, or your plugs are fouled, or anything else.

But your battery is not the problem.
>>
>>15575062
A trickle charger is not a bad thing to have though.
>>
>>15575073
sorry, maybe im not explaining correctly. it just makes this repeating clicking sound. I left my car air conditioner on for hours because im an idiot, and when i came back, the dash board did say "low voltage". so i think it is the battery?

i have a full tank.

>>15575062
yeah i might not even be able to get the battery out, and theres no outlet nearby.
>>
ive never done this before so i have no idea what im doing. hoping my battery doesnt explode...
>>
the battery is in the trunk but you can jump it from the red post under the hood too
>>
>>15575112
the black circled thing is the positive terminal correct?
>>
>>15575121
Yes. For the ground just attach it to somewhere on your chassis that's bare metal.
>>
>>15575097
+(red) into +-terminal and -(black) into frame or block. Then start with aux power. If it doesn´t want to start again after some driving, then you might have broken battery. Measure, with a multi-meter, from terminal to terminal. If not around 12V-> you need a new battery.
Broke the battery from my motorcycle recently. Measured 9,6V from 12V battery, one section(or whatever it is called in english) was broken.
>>
>>15575021
you're going to need a charger if you want to charge it from the wall. not a bad thing to have but kind of expensive.

call a friend, go pick up some jumper cables and jump start the engine. then drive it around for a while.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.