[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I recently bought a '96 Ford Taurus, and I've noticed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So, I recently bought a '96 Ford Taurus, and I've noticed a fee problems with it. First, the radio doesn't work when in gear, Reverse or Forward. Only in park or neutral. Also, the seatbelt alert thing clicks and flashes at me the whole time I'm driving, Does the Taurus have the seatbelt radio mute feature I've heard about?

Also, the power steering cuts out sometimes, could that be related in any way?

Pic unrelated, my phone is stupid and doesn't want to attach the image of a Taurus.
>>
>>15573215
Well the Taurus you bought went under water at some point in its life.
Sorry op
>>
>jellybean Taurus

A car that wasn't even wanted when new.
>>
>>15573215
Why would anyone willingly spend money on a 90s taurus?
They are well known, even by normies, to have massive amounts of problems.
>>
>>15573947
a couple of million people may disagree with you anon. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its bad.
>>15573215
Is the radio factory or aftermarket? If is is an aftermarket look for any wires around the column (the shift is on the column right?) that are getting pinched. Otherwise its wiring diagram time.
>>
>>15573961
Because it was the only sub $1500 used car in a 100 mile radius that didn't have major electrical problems or a worn out tranny, and I needed a car asap.
>>
>>15573996

>A couple million

They bought it out of need rather than want, like most cars. Don't try to make it sound like kids had posters of Tauruses on their walls and dreamt of getting a mcjob in order to afford one someday
>>
>>15573996
Factory radio.
So I'm going to have to tear it apart? Well I was hoping not to, but I guess I'll have to spend my weekend following wires.
>>
>>15574034
>not getting a corolla
>ended up with all sorts of problems anyway
Kek
>>
>>15574034

>Radio only works in park and neutral
>seatbelt light always flashing
>No major electrical problems

M8
>>
>>15574041
no get a haynes manual and trace the circuit in the diagram first. I don't remember if those have the older style ignition switch or a muntifuntion switch. But you go from there.
>>
>>15573215
Check your fuses first. If that doesn't work go to a junk yard and get new seat belt buckles. Your power steering is probably going out because the fluid is low.
>>
>>15573215
Power steering could be low fluid, or the rack and pinion on its way out.
>>
>>15574042
>not reading my post
Literally the only car I could find that wasn't a total steaming pile of shit.

>>15574053
That's the only electrical problem I can find, every thing else works.

>>15574110
I did check my fuses, didn't see anything blown.
>>
>>15573215
You can't work on modern cars without wiring diagrams and a service manual.
>>
Intermittent electrical issues are not due to blown fuses you fucking moron.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.