[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom needs a GPS that doesn't cost a whole lot for her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1459213162088.png (532KB, 528x880px) Image search: [Google]
1459213162088.png
532KB, 528x880px
My mom needs a GPS that doesn't cost a whole lot for her job. She doesn't have a smart phone. Is there anything out there?
>>
>>15568582
You can buy good ones for like $50 or less at Wal-Mart.

Probably even cheaper if you go on Craigslist.
>>
>>15568588
Any brands to avoid?
>>
>>15568582
I've got a Tom-Tom I can sell you for $40.
>>
Pretty much any GPS these days is dirt cheap. Just go to an electronics store and look at the lower price range ones and pick one you like. Tom Tom is a good brand. If you can, look for one that offers free map updates for life.
>>
>>15568582
A map of the state
>>
1. Buy a used 40$ or less smartphone/tablet
2. Instal Here maps
3.?????
4. Profit
>>
Piggybacking off this thread.
What GPS brands will turn on automatically with the car, then go straight to the map (without a route), then turn off with the car. My friend use to have one like this but I can't remember the brand.

I want to learn street names around me.
>>
>>15568582
>She doesn't have a smart phone.
>for her job

Usually the job provides the GPS, or better yet the vehicle if she is doing that sort of thing.
>>
>>15568950
My tomtom does this. After the power goes off it starts a 30 second countdown to shut down, with a cancel button. When power is back it turns on.
>>
>>15568582
buy a really expensive one then keep the reciept and deduct it when tax time comes round

you should be reimbursed fully for any work related expenses you incur throughout the year
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.