[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to learn how to do some basic wrenching >no garage,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Honda FU-G.jpg (92KB, 630x476px) Image search: [Google]
Honda FU-G.jpg
92KB, 630x476px
>want to learn how to do some basic wrenching
>no garage, no tools
>local car club has garage/hoists for rent
>but I don't have any car loving friends
>and the guys there are awkward as all fuck and impossible to have a conversation with
>factory repair manual I printed out is intimidating
>don't want to break something and have no idea how to fix it

Should I just go to the dealerships/get a mechanic like every other normalfag? Not sure I would trust any with a 30 year old MR2.
>>
Sorry, OP.

You just have to give up and sell your car.
>>
File: IMG_0884.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0884.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
sounds like your biggest problem is you.

faggot.
>>
>>15566882
just take an auto class at your local community college, cheap af and educational
>>
>>15566882
buy tools
learn to work on the street
watch repair videos on YT to get a idea
>>
>>15566932
What's a good YT channel to start with?
>>
>>15566939

eric the car guy
chrisfix
south main auto channel
scotty kilmer

all of these
>>
>>15566950
Thanks anon
>>
>>15566882
All you need is a socket set and a Haynes repair manual. Learn by doing all of your own maintenance. Working on cars is super easy aside from transmission work.
>>
>>15566882
I fucking wish there was a local car club around here. Even if the other people were awkward as fuck, you get over that with time and familiarity, or just just ignore them and work on your car.
>>
>>15567065
Ordered a Haynes, still not delivered 2 weeks later, probably lost somewhere
>>
>>15566882
>>want to learn how to do some basic wrenching
Just take your car to a local mechanic for free quotes. Have them print a list of everything they see that needs to be done. Tell them you'd like to shop around or think it over.

Once you have a list you're pointed in the right direction as to what actually needs replaced.

Or do what most of us do
>Call shop for quotes to fix X
>Toss the idea of paying someone $80/hour to unbolt and bolt things together
>Usually comes out to something absurd
>Google it and do it yourself

If you live in the rust belt start by buying a torch. Otherwise a socket set goes a long ways.
>3/8 & 1/2 socket sets
>breaker bar
>adjustable wrench
>1/2 torque wrench
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.