[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/, i've got a 2005 opel tigra twin top, lately a problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: opel-tigra-twintop-11[1].jpg (120KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
opel-tigra-twintop-11[1].jpg
120KB, 630x420px
hey /o/, i've got a 2005 opel tigra twin top, lately a problem has crept up:

rarely, and i cant reproduce this, the idle rpm climbs say from the normal 700 to 900-1000, then back to 700, then back to 1000, then its stops. Maybe once a day or every other day.

Anyone's got a clue what it might be?
>>
>>15566441
Are you running the AC excessively?

On my old Ranger that would cause the AC to climb like that occasionally
>>
>>15566451
not AC, RPM*
>>
>>15566441
What engine?

When was the last time you replaced the fuel filter?
>>
>>15566441
I would check the fuel filter and then check the ignition system. That's likely were the problem is. Also check the throttle body if you have an electronic one. If it's a manual throttle body, don't worry about it.
>>
>>15566451
Not excessively no, say less than 15 mins at a time usually.

>>15566461
1.3 cdti, have never replaced it, bought it used 1 year ago, the last servicing was in feb 2015 so i'm assuming they changed it then
>>
>>15566482
>1.3 cdti
Don't ever assume people changed things. Fuel filters are cheap as fuck. I'd change it just for peace of mind. And maybe that is indeed what's causing the rough idle.
If that's not the case check the EGR and clean it. If it's okay, check the injectors, maybe one is sticking.
If you don't know how to do it, just take it to a shop.
Troubleshooting rough idle is easy on a diesel.
>>
>>15566508
Oh, I forgot it... How many kms does it have?
>>
>>15566508
>fuel filter
thats 200€
>egr cleaning
thats 200€
>injectors
thats 200€ just for checking them

couldnt it just be something easy like the idle control valve being gunky?
>>
>>15566528
>fuel filter
>200€
What the fuck man? It's literally 20€. I have virtually the same engine on my car.

>>egr cleaning
>thats 200€
>>injectors
>>thats 200€ just for checking them
Dafuq?

>couldnt it just be something easy like the idle control valve being gunky?
Diesels don't have such things.

It could be a dirty MAF, a dirty EGR, a sticky injector or even a slack in the cam chain (depends on how many kms your car has.)
>>
File: Capture2[1].jpg (14KB, 337x243px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2[1].jpg
14KB, 337x243px
>>15566526
>>
>>15566528
>Living in a shitty country
Maybe this is why German engineering is so expensive to fix. Not even the dealers know how to fix it cos parts are so expensive.

The jews really won Germany eh.
>>
>>15566553
Hm, so it probably isn't the cam chain.
It's probably the EGR or the MAF. Either way they're not that expensive to replace and they can be cleaned in many cases.
>>
>>15566573
I really doubt its the cam chain either, it'll be a long while more before the metal gets deformed by use and cause problems

by MAF you mean the thingie in the tube that controls airflow?
I can probably scavenge one and change it myself from a junkyard for cheap, its the only real thing i within reach for my tools (its compatible with the corsa C im sure).

the EGR altough easy to clean is BURIED in my engine bay behind the engine, locked behind a ton of shit to take off
>>
File: lokalizacja_egr.jpg (111KB, 670x500px) Image search: [Google]
lokalizacja_egr.jpg
111KB, 670x500px
>>15566647
>by MAF you mean the thingie in the tube that controls airflow?
Yeah, it's the tubular piece.

>I can probably scavenge one and change it myself from a junkyard for cheap, its the only real thing i within reach for my tools (its compatible with the corsa C im sure).
You have loads and loads of cars using the same engine. I'm pretty sure they are all compatible with each other to a certain degree. It really won't be hard to find them on wrecked cars.

>the EGR altough easy to clean is BURIED in my engine bay behind the engine, locked behind a ton of shit to take off
Pic related
>>
>>15566683
thats not where it is on my engine, its located further down and towards the back, cant take any pictures now as im gonna head to bed for work

my bay is a lot more cramped than that, fucking germans

either ways thanks for the help, i'll check the MAF asap, do an oil change for good measure (1 year /13k km gone by), and see if that fixes it, take care
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.