[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup br/o/s, I need your unbiased, JDM as fuck opinion on my situation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (167KB, 1126x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 1126x502px
Sup br/o/s, I need your unbiased, JDM as fuck opinion on my situation. I recently bought an FG2 civic from my brother and it's a great daily driver, but it leaves me wishing for more power. I love everything else about the car; it has great handling, nice and rev-happy and the interior is deceptively comfy. My question is whether bolt-on mods and a tune would sort of "quell" my need for speed, or am I better off trading up and putting that 1500 towards something like a 350z? Any Z owners are welcome to share their opinions on their cars, thanks!
>pic related the civic on the right
>>
Sell it and buy the Z.
>>
File: 1469290831164.jpg (3KB, 110x61px) Image search: [Google]
1469290831164.jpg
3KB, 110x61px
>>15564548
>>
>>15564550
What's your reasoning?
>>
>>15564553
You don't mean that :(
>>
>>15564548
>More power
>Out of any civic that's not a type R
>Thinking a car can be made fast that easy

Realize you're driving a economy FWD and just give up the THIRST FOR SPEED. Or just grow up, that one takes time though.
>>
>>15564607
I'm not saying I want to be crazy fast, I'm simply wondering if adding bolt-on mods and a tune would give it power more comparable to a sportier car, or whether I should just use that money and trade up to a sportier car. Also bearing in mind that I like the practicality of the civic. I don't understand how this relates to needing to grow up?
>>
>>15564548
You stand to gain like 30HP and beat stock civics at stoplights with things like lighter wheels, an intake, exhaust, new cams, and ECU tuning. Maybe a bolt-on blower kit if you're up for spending nearly as much as the cars craigslist value for an extra 30-50ish and decreased engine life (sans engine rebuild, of course).

Honestly, by the time it's fast, you could have gone faster for cheaper by buying something made to go fast, and you would have more "fun" tweaking the suspension for autoX events anyways.

>>15564625
Adults normally know what they want and don't buy a commuter and then go back on it and decide they want a sports car

Adults also normally have money so when they figure their life out they can go buy all the things they've learned they wanted

I'm not saying you're not allowed to modify cars, that's just a hobby, but trying to add a few HP to FWD commuters for cheap just because you wish you got a better car is what kids tend to do.
>>
>>15564655
I didn't mention anything about racing or autoX events, and I don't plan on doing things like that with a FWD civic, like you said. I know what car I have, and thus far the only non-patronizing, non-anecdotal thing you've told me is that I could expect to make 40hp extra. 240+hp on a 2900lb car sounds pretty comparable to a 270hp Z, but I must be wrong since I'm just a kid and all.
>>
>>15564724
>>15564655
300hp on a Z, my mistake
>>
>>15564724
It sounds like you'll have an unbalanced car that can't handle well under its own power
>>
>>15564724
Ok short answer.

Yes, there are things that can make it faster. MUCH FASTER.

They cost a couple grand, and need a competent installation. If you have a couple hundred grand to drop on a civic, go ahead and it'l beat teslas in a straight line. If you only have a couple grand, well at least you can outrun other civics.

That is all, delete this thread now please.
>>
only answer is a supercharger and tune.
>>
>>15564548
The K20 responds very well to a bigger intake, headers, wider exhaust, a Kpro ecu and a tune. Depending on the quality of the parts and how good your supporting mods are (thicker engine mounts, better tires, radiator hoses, better radiator, lightweight flywheel, organic plate clutch, etc) you could expect to be in the 210whp~240whp range.
Combine that with a bit of shaved weight off of an already light vehicle and you've got yourself a fun hot hatch.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.