[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it a terrible idea to buy used suspension? I'm driving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: s-l1600.jpg (254KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
254KB, 1600x1066px
is it a terrible idea to buy used suspension?
I'm driving on totally ruined coilovers and i think if i buy this set it will save me in gas and ride quality.

How bad do they look?
>>
>>15561702
>tein on stock struts
Likely blown up.
Whats the price?
>>
File: hilton_poor[1].jpg (35KB, 423x566px) Image search: [Google]
hilton_poor[1].jpg
35KB, 423x566px
looks like you need to work some overtime
>>
File: Untitled.png (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>15561714
I've been desperately trying to find direct fit springs to go with this other build i'm making.
But it's so hard, OEM springs are super expensive, and everything else is just fucking lowering springs.
>>
>>15561746
I can say i'm very tempted to take the used ones, because it's literally half the price of me making my own setup.
>>
>>15561746
Id do it for the cost of the springs.
Stock struts are near worthless
>>
>>15561746
>tfw dude i know spent 5k on a pair of front coilovers
>>
>>15561702
Buying used stock struts is retarded; they'll be every bit as blown as the ones you already have. If those were actual Tein coilovers I'd go for it because you could get them rebuilt for $30/corner or whatever.
>>
>>15561702
>poor boyracer
>wrx
>modding it with shit suspension
cancer.
>>
OP here,
I'm thinking i'll stick with the KYB build... this seller seems fishy, no returns, lack of details about the struts.
The last thing i need is to buy blown struts to replace the blown struts put on by the previous owner.

Any WRX owners here ever rode on the KYB struts? what springs should i match them with?
I found used springs for an 06 wrx, would it be stupid to buy those?
>>
>>15561746
dont pay more than 200 usd for those.
>>
>>15561787
Not that out of line. When you get the best shit like Ohlins, Sachs, etc. it will always be rebuildable, you will have the best damping possible for decades if you plan on keeping the car that long.
>>
>>15561702
If they're in good condition it's okay, but those ones look beat to shit
>>
>>15561815
Bump, what springs will keep me closest to stock height?
>>
Put it this way i have a set of Shocks that are only 8 months old and the Front two are already ruined because of bad roads

Look at the roads in your area or where the car is form and if the B roads are fucked then the shocks are too.
>>
>>15561815

Have KYB GR2 on my impreza that i pulled from the pick n pull, they looked fresh so i took them. still ride nice 15k later
>>
>>15561945
Buy oem ones faggot.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.