[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best way for a bad driver to git gud in a place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: FB_IMG_1470208491915.jpg (47KB, 540x721px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470208491915.jpg
47KB, 540x721px
what's the best way for a bad driver to git gud in a place that doesn't have any busses?
>>
>>15561601
abandoned car park or football field
>>
Bad driver meaning what?

Ilearned to drive in a bug cemetery. No curbs to fuck up the wheels, nit a lot of traffic and everyone's already dead
>>
>>15561651
Big cemetery*

Chubby ass fingers on my phone
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-03-20h56m46s222.png (855KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-03-20h56m46s222.png
855KB, 1920x1080px
>>15561651
>I learned to drive in a bug cemetery.
>Nit a lot of traffic and everyone's already dead
>>
>>15561601
become a bus driver
>>
>>15561651
I'm talking 4 at fault listings on my C.L.U.E. within a period of 2 years (2 of them on Canyon runs but only)

i don't know whether I should do traffic school, racing school, mature driver course or what

i remember there was this one thing run by some NHRA driver going across the country teaching teens how to react in sudden situations in a closed course using kias but I didn't have my license at the time.....I can't find anything like it whatsoever
>>
>>15561651
>>
>>15561601
my first time driving was in the middle of buttfuck nowhere in the middle of the night, little to no traffic and the curvy roads were good for learning how driving should feel
>>
>>15562096
>>15561601
Karts. They are phenomenal teachers. Do not stop racing in karts until you get to the top... 20-40%
>>
>>15564917
this
plus it's fun and not expensive
>>
>>15564917
well I could get a boomers pass that'll last me through 2016 in which I could do up to 4 hours a day for $60

maybe I'll give it a shot
>>
File: racing_kart.jpg (377KB, 2912x1724px) Image search: [Google]
racing_kart.jpg
377KB, 2912x1724px
>>15565122
We're not talking about rental karts, we're talking about racing karts.
>>
>>15565156
we talking k1 speed or even more hardcore?
>>
>>15565198
Anywhere there's a track where guys run karts that they own. If you want to really learn how to be good at racing, you find the most popular class and get your kart set up for that. World Formula is slower, with only like 7hp engines, but is very popular because they're very reliable and they're all equal, so it's 100% driver skill. It will teach you late braking, kart setup, good racing lines, etc. TAG is the intermediate-fast class, with two-stroke 125cc karts. They fly, but it's less populated, the engines are more maintenance-intensive, and it's split between Rotax and Leopard engines, with either type dominating on a certain track. Leopards rev higher but are more prone to blowing up, so they win tight tracks but Rotaxes can take them on flowing tracks.

Then you have shifter, which is 125cc dirtbike engines and transmissions, basically. Adding gearboxes to the mix makes them very, very fast. These and TAG will make regular driving seem like slow motion to you. Nothing under 6 figures can touch these laptime wise.
>>
>>15565225
how much for a world formula kart?

also I never knew bombardier made go kart engines
>>
>>15565493
Go to your closest track and look at used ones. You can probably get one with an older chassis for less than 2 grand.
>>
>>15565493
not op but are there tournaments for cash prizes at all?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.