[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first car ever soon. For cars i'm fine but what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1463505272805.gif (471KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1463505272805.gif
471KB, 300x300px
Buying my first car ever soon. For cars i'm fine but what do I need to know about being at the dealership and negotiating?
>>
Negotiate outside. Once you go inside and sit down they will start throwing numbers at you.
If they want you to go inside, take another look at the car.
>>
>>15554775

Makes sense. Nearly everyone I've spoken too makes it sound like the dealer is going to have me in a headlock for prices. Even members of my family sound get angry just talking about going to a dealership it's weird.
>>
File: VolvoPU1.jpg (381KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VolvoPU1.jpg
381KB, 800x600px
>First ever car
>dealership

Don't do it....
>>
>>15555488

That's the other thing, so many people tell me to not buy a new car. I don't get that, don't people like new things?
>>
>>15555522
This is your first car m8, chill out and get something used. You're learning and won't be constantly paranoid about dinging up the car. Look in the pre-owned sections or go to a used car dealership. You can find great more loaded cars for half the cost of a new one. As far as dealers go I stay away from them because all the "fees" are retarded.
What car are you trying to get?
>>
>>15555522
cars devalue after purchase like almost nothing else.

Buy a good used, prolly could get a better model too.
>>
I'd suggest buying a used beater for your first car. Treat it like a first time driver does, then once you appreciate how to take care of a car, buy new.
>>
>>15555522
>5 year old car (or under)
>just as nice
>just as safe
>half the price (or less)
>>
>>15555522
Unless you really want this car and/or its a """""""""sports""""""" car a la 370z or something, you really shouldn't be buying brand new, it isn't worth it for most people. Again, if this was like 2008 and you wanted the last brand new s2000 you'd be a lot more justified but if this is your first car and your parents aren't bankrolling you don't do it.
>>
>>15554759
Ignore all these poorfags telling you to buy used. If you want new then thats fine, do it. Just be aware that your car IS going to get dinged and scratched. also be aware that you will most likely get into an accident in the next couple years.
If neither of those things bother you about a new car then get one.

Now onto your question. Haggling at dealerships is easy. You research the price of the car you want before you go in, see what other people bought it for, what the dealer invoice is, etc. Get your bank to approve a loan before you go in, at least you'll know what kind of rate you can get. Usually the dealer will give you a slghtly better one, cause they make money off every loan they have to through them.
After you know how much you want to pay, and have the means to do it(the loan), just tell the dealer your number. After you get in the office ask for a out the door price, ignore all the monthly payment bullshit, include the tax title liscence fees, get the number you actually pay in total for the car. It will be exorbitantly high. Then cross that number out, and write your own. Give that number to the salesman and tell him you either get that price or you walk out.
Here's the most important part: when he doesn't accept your offer, fucking walk out the door. Don't renegotiate a higher price. Don't look at lower optioned cars. Don't even talk to the guy anymore. Just leave.
Then come back in a few days to a week, maybe you get the same salesman maybe a different one. Repeat the procedure. Assuming you're not asking a completely ridiculous price someone will eventually sell you the car.
>>
>>15554759
Negotiate your price before ever showing up at the dealership.
>>
>>15555606

2016 Civic Ex

>>15557766

Thanks that's really good advice
>>
>>15555522
I dont think you can burn as much money as fast as a new car deteriorates in price
>>
>>15558348
>buying a new car as a first car
>buying a new civic
I'm laughing
If it's not manual I'm laughing even harder
>>
File: Jackie Moon.jpg (39KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Jackie Moon.jpg
39KB, 350x350px
There are four different components they will play with most likely. 1 Trade in Value 2 Loan Percentage Rate/Financing possibility & 3, Down Payment. 4 Sticker Price

So work what you can of these 4. Get ready to get lied to up and down the block.
>>
>>15558348
>buying the worst looking civic ever
>spending more than 3k on a civic
shiggy diggy.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.