[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 6k to spend on my first car, and I really want a hatchback.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

I have 6k to spend on my first car, and I really want a hatchback. I prefer an automatic. I don't know of many hatchbacks, but I like the look of the honda eg and the ek.
What are some options?
>>
If your going to buy an ek or eg hatch it's best you get a manual. Those older Honda autos are fucking garbage
>>
>>15554605
Are there any similar looking cars that are auto, maybe some that aren't honda
>>
>>15554630
just buy a fucking manual
>>
>>15554630
>>
>>15554837
>>
>>15554588
Mazda 3.
>>
>>15554588
Get out, fag. buy a manual.
>>
>>15554588
What is your reasoning as to why you dont want to drive / learn manual? Its so worth it and alot more enjoyable than auto
>them mpgs
>>
File: 1458597952624.png (427KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458597952624.png
427KB, 640x480px
>>15554588
>$6k on a 90s Honda that isn't specifically an EK9
>EK9 in the States
>wanting an automatic tranny in the classic boyricer chariot
>EK9 in automatic
>>
Golf? Manual is more fun, but it's your money.
>>
>>15554898
What do you mean when you day mpgs? Is manual better for gas?

Idk I'm new to cars, I just imagine making a mistake shifting in traffic or something. How much do you think I could get a decent used hg or hk for?
>>
>>15555011
I made a shitton of mistakes learning, but just like with driving in general, you get better with practice. I learned and drove an auto for 2 years before getting a manual. Idk where you live, but I've seen some that seem good go for around what you're looking to pay. Then again, things are always pricier in CA, so who knows what it's like where you are.
>>
>>15554588
he prefers automatic
>>
>>15554588
>Wants a rice taxed pos
>>
>>15555011
underaged
B&
>>
>>15555011
manual cars, in general, will get better gas mileage than their automatic counterparts. They're also faster, because there is less power loss between the engine and the wheels, cheaper to work on and replace due to their much simpler design, and they give you a feeling of control that no automatic car can match.
Example.

So see? It pays to learn to operate a manual transmission.
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=18519&id=18521
and the difference can become quite pronounced, like here:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=31315&id=31377
>>
318ti. Malibu Maxx.

No seriously
>>
>>15555202
And better resale value, and more fun to drive
>>
File: Side.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Side.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>15554588
crx manual
>cheap
>easy to learn manual
>parts galore
>>
File: Firebird Trunk.jpg (496KB, 3263x1951px) Image search: [Google]
Firebird Trunk.jpg
496KB, 3263x1951px
>>15554588
Third gen Firebird. It will be the hottest hatch.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.