[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wow that guy is trying to go faster than me? better hit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 21

File: brakechecker.png (516KB, 985x503px) Image search: [Google]
brakechecker.png
516KB, 985x503px
>wow that guy is trying to go faster than me? better hit the brakes at high speed instead of moving to the slow lane to show him who's boss!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYh3t5WOc94
>>
>>15549641
Lol this shit again
both drivers are retards
>first guy brake checks like a nigger
>second guy can't into braking swerves like an idiot into the median
>>
>speeders getting BTFO: the thread
>>
>>15549705
he was too close for sure but with that dashcam footage the honda driver probably got btfo as well
>>
>get brake checked once
>lol lets see if he does it again!

I hate left lane campers as much as the next man but just be patient and wait for an opportunity.

>dat vagrancy

And now I'm listening to Nujabes/Tsutchie again.
>>
>>15549705
>he actually sides with brake checking (an unsafe roadrage driving practice) at high speeds
>>
>>15549641
This is no ones but the Subarus fault.

'OH JUST MOVE TO THE SLOW LANE'

No. YOU over take me, i'm not going to stop you. Go into the second lane, accelerate and get ahead. I don't care, i'm not doing SHIT for you.

It is your responsibility to overtake people, not theirs to make room for you.

Seriously, i speed all the time, if the dude ahead is too slow, i just go into another lane and over take them. It's not hard, you're just entitled if you want them to move.

I also brake checked a civic in my crv once, but that's another story.
>>
>>15550963
You realize overtaking from the right side is illegal yes?
>>
>>15550989
So is speeding.

No cop, no cares.
>>
>>15550989
If you're overtaking someone doing the speed limit, the only course of action is to plainly go fuck yourself.
Since we can't see the speed in the videos, we don't know.
>>
>>15550989
You're wrong. Passing on the right is perfectly legal as long as everyone in front of you is turning left (as in a city traffic scenario) or there is room to do it safely.
>>
File: 1292811244804.jpg (211KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1292811244804.jpg
211KB, 500x500px
Left lane campers deserve to die every single one of them.

I have given up on the tailgating technique, it's not successful.

If you don't move over within 2 minutes I just start honking my horn at them, it usually works.
>>
>>15551033
>everyone lives in the same place where all the laws are the same
>>
File: 1300698749847.jpg (138KB, 550x504px) Image search: [Google]
1300698749847.jpg
138KB, 550x504px
>>15551045
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>15551057
>Being this unaware
You said that passing in the right lane is illegal. We said it's not.

Now whichever shithole you live in, you have to deal with it yourself. No one should move over for you.

>>15551045
Lol, i just flip people like you off . Also brake checks for when you get close.

I don't care if my CRV gets damaged, but my tow hitch is gonna fuck up your radiator. I should mount a long bar in the hitch just to get deeper.

I've already done it once to a civic, and i would love to do it again.
>>
>>15551074
Why do you left lane camp? It's not funny.
>>
>>15551074
I'm with you, but in my country if you're caught 'brake checking' you get in just as much shit as the aggressor, since you become the 'aggressee' and can become liable for attempted manslaughter.

I just switch on the rear cam with GPS telemetry and sit right on the fuckin money lol.
>>
>>15551045
I used to sit behind those decrepit old people when they are going way too slow
I've started just honking at them and they actually pull over, sometimes it pays to be a dick.
>>
>>15551090
When it's an old person going slow in the left lane I'm not even mad because they can't help it, there's no excuse for retarded teenagers and soccer moms
>>
>>15550989

>jackass going below speed limit in left lane
>doesn't move over in a reasonable amount of time (~20s)
>no cops anywhere
>pass him on the right
>no fucks given

I usually drive the speed limit, or at most 5 mph over, so I don't often need to be in the passing lane anyway unless there's a lot of slower traffic.
>>
File: OVERLOADED CRV.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
OVERLOADED CRV.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>15551083
I don't. I usually go at least 20 over. Weaving into left and right wherever i find space.

Don't cut people off though, and only if it's safe to speed.

But sometimes i can't go crazy fast, as what happened with the civic that i brake checked. My 2.0 liter non vtec can only carry so much, unlike your moms NAScivic.

Or other times i don't want to go crazy fast cos me or someone else is eating or drinking and i don't wanna spill food in my car.

Or maybe i just wanna relax and drive the limit for a change.

Either way, 'slow lane' means vehicles below the limit, not me, who is following the limit.

Also I've been tailgated while going 100 on a 60. Almost got that guy to hit me, but he quickly changed lanes and almost hit another car instead. It's fine though, we both ended up stuck in traffic, but he was stuck behind people taking a right so i was better off.

If you want to go faster than me, get ahead of me. If you are too retarded to figure that out, i don't want you to go faster.

>>15551085
Idk about Canada, but what an instructor told me is that if you're not following at a proper distance, most likely you will be liable.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (9KB, 170x296px)
WHY.jpg
9KB, 170x296px
>>15551130
>I usually go at least 20 over. Weaving into left and right wherever i find space.
>>
>>15551130
If you wanna relax and drive the limit then fuck off over to the right lane.
>>
>>15551143
No, that lane is slow.

Go around me faggot, i'm not stopping you.

>>15551142
Usually cos i wanna get home faster.
>>
>>15551130
More or less the way it's seen in NZ.
An unsafe following distance, while subjective, is regarded as the '2 second rule' and is often the arguing point against the defendant.

Basically, the bottom line here is that unless someone intentionally tries to fuck you up, you're following too close and were thus unable to avoid the accident.

Had a few bikers become victims to this ruling with u-turn policemen....
>>
>>15551152
Why the fuck are you here when you clearly don't know how to drive? Fucking newfaggots like this guy come straight from /b/
>>
>>15551152
Caskets are pretty slow, mate.
Might factor into your risk:reward when you grow up.
>>
>>15551152
>No, that lane is slow.
>Go around me faggot, i'm not stopping you.

What's so hard about
>encounter slow vehicle
>change lane
>pass
>go back to previous lane

I mean, I ain't gonna do shit to stop you, but just hope one day you don't get literally rekt.
>>
>>15549641
top kek. fucking tailgators. Deserved it 100%.

honda should have moved over instead of brake checking, but the legacy driver is a retard for getting back on his ass after he already checked him. Woulda been smarter just to be defensive and drive around him using the OPEN LANE to his right. Both deserve their drivers licenses revoked.
>>
>>15551187
Guarantee ur one of the fags that drives slow in the "passing lane" (if ur not passing someone get out of the fucking lane.) And thens trys to speed up to block people from "passing" you in the right lane...
>>
Does speeding actually get you to your location any faster ? I always catch up to raging speeders just going the speed limit.
>>
>>15551187
I pass people every day. If i can idly do it with one hand on the wheel, and listening to the Dan, you and your race skillz can definitely do it.

>I mean, I ain't gonna do shit to stop you, but just hope one day you don't get literally rekt.
Unless someone smashes into me i don't care, and most likely i'll be fine if they do cos I've got me entire back as a compression area.

If you side swipe me, go ahead my insurance pay out will be more than my car is worth. Full coverage is great. And i have dash cams so go ahead and run.

If you wanna get out and fight me, just know that Canadian law says a firearm should be concealed while transporting in a vehicle.

>>15551170
Like i said, i try to speed safely.

I'm not wiping through traffic, at rush hour. I'm just going fast when i can hardly see a car in the distance. Or if there is room otherwise. I'll over take the car in front of me, if there is room a head of him.

>>15551167
Stay mad tailgater.
>>
>>15551251
Depends, when traffic is slow.

Nope.

But when it's 12 at night and no ones around. Yes.
>>
>>15551253
>Entire back as a compression area
That's not what you need to worry about with a speed differential of fuck all, it's the speed differential of you and the object you will hit that's the problem.
>>
>>15549641
>american """drivers"""
>>
>>15549641
>american """drivers"""

Holy fuck the comments are even more cancer.

i mean
>2016
>brake checking
>tailgating
>not moving over for faster traffic no matter how fast you go

What the fuck do they teach you during your license exam for fuck sake.

I was doing 150km/h a few times in my country (limit was 130kmh) and I was overtaking. I had people approach me fast from the rear doing 200+kmh. I didn't hog the lane, I didn't brake check, I didn't start arguing in my head "why the fuck does he wanna pass when im already doing 20 over???", no I just fucking moved over for 5 seconds, let him pass, then moved back to pass the oncoming car in the right lane.

For fuck sake is driving so hard?
>>
>tfw going 10 under the limit and break checking people who get too close

something fun to do on long drives
>>
>>15551286
>implying I will hit anything
Unlike tailgaters I keep a safe distance that increases with speed.
>>
>>15551377
>moving over
Cucked.

Again, go around me, I'm not stopping. I'm not moving over.

>>15551670
That's cancerous, but again I'd just go around you.
>>
>>15551251
>he think I'm raging by racing light to light by myself

does your car sound like ass? dont you have any torque to push you back in the seat?
>>
>>15551691
How does the bus driver react when you tell him to drive like this?

Fucking edgelord. Literally nobody thinks like that. 2/10 for making me reply.

The Pilot driver should not have brake checked. It was illegal. But he was going faster than other traffic, and while there was a large gap before that white car where they should have moved over, the car behind was following way to closely and obviously didn't have the skill to cope with driving like that, especially after the first brake check.

People who drive slowly in the left are generally just ignorant of what's going on, and of traffic laws, so flashing the passing lights or a short beep usually does the trick better than tailgating. Passing on the right is illegal, blocking the passing lane is illegal, no amount of "bu' speeding is rong" will change the fact that these are equally as wrong in the eyes of the law, and more wrong in the eyes of most motorists.

>my laws are different than yours
Doubt it. Wording changes, but most places with highways have the same rules of the road with respect to lanes.
>>
>>15551691
>Cucked

How insecure are you to believe something as simple as moving over is a cuck? I'll be honest, if I ever have an emergency and a family member or loved one needs emergency care and you're the asshole who wants to play ego games on the road, you're gonna see the end of a ditch on the side of the road. I'll. Have no problem pushing your ass over.
>>
>>15551744
Yeah, this.
>>15551691
>Cucked
I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
lol ive been brake checked way harder and have never crashed as pathetically as the retard in the subaru did lmao... just overtake on the right and brake check back to a complete stop.
>>
Wow,who knew american drivers are so retarded.

Whenever I drive on highway everyone is in right lane unless they have to pass somebody.

Even when I'm going well over the speed limit I don't sperg out just because there's someone going faster than me,I just move over,
how hard is it to do that idiots?
>>
>>15551744
>>15551757
Lol,this upset.

It's not about insecurity, I just don't want to move over. And I don't expect anyone else to do it for me.

Just go around me, chances are if you can't, I can't go faster either.

Seriously how entitled are you? I just came back from driving and overtook multiple cars and trucks, because they where following the speed limit and I didn't want to. Just
>give signal
>check blind spot
>how about you blind spot sensor?
>nothing
>change line
>accelerate and stay in Lane or do the same to get in from of the other car.

VS

>accelerate
>get dangerously close to the car in front of you
>honk
>hope he goes faster or moves over
>hope he doesn't brake check you and fuck you over

I guess retards would choose the latter since it has fewer steps and less personal responsibility.
>>
>>15551871
i have a ram bar for fuckheads like you. It's nothing for me to ram you off the road into a ditch and dump a round or two into your passenger and let you go on in life knowing that if you hadn't be a massive faggot, your wife or child would still be alive.
>>
>>15551724
But you're wrong, even in the US it depends on state if use of the right lane is allowed to be used to overtake.

Also situation, you're totally allowed if someone is making a left and you're going straight.
>>
>>15551903
oh man i'm glad that i'm a level 20 wizard that can block bullets and levitate so people like you can't hurt me
haha pretending on the internet is fun
>>
>>15551903
>Being this much of an edgelord
Go ahead, I have an sks and multiple cameras.
>>
>>15551102

Old people go slow because their reaction times are poor and their eyesight is weak you twat give them some leniency.

Everybody else going slow just because though can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>15551903
You don't have a "ram bar" on your shitbox Hyundai. Stop fooling yourself Angry Anderson.
You'll sit in que with the rest of them and deal with it, or not if you want to shout obsceneties to yourself if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>15551907
I was referring to the "slower traffic keep left" rule. No clue about passing, assumed it was the same but never checked different states.

And obviously there are situational differences, but this behaviour is rarely an issue outside of highways where left turns aren't very common in the middle of said highway.
>>
>>15551809
Usually the right lane is full or too slow to reasonable get anywhere in.

So people, especially those speeding, drive in the passing lane since they are going 'above the normal rate of traffic'

Unless you live in an area with little traffic, or there is little traffic around, you cannot reasonably drive only in the right lane.
>>
>>15551941
>above the normal rate of traffic
Except if there is nobody in front of you, and people behind you, you are now going slower than the speed of traffic.

If the lane to your right is going even slower, then you are still passing, but the moment there is a sufficient clear space or no more slow traffic on your right, you move right.

Lots of people feel that changing lanes is dangerous or tedious or whatever, I don't know. They feel that whatever lane they're in is "their lane", which is ridiculous and the reason for a lot of road rage, accidents, and traffic jams.
>>
>>15551940
Idk, the law needs to get it straight.

There is simply not enough room on the highway for everyone to go in the right most lane.

There are also plenty of spaces where the highway goes off or turns to express or whatever, so people like to drive in the center.

Until the law becomes clearer and they actually find a way to reasonably enforce it. I'm just gonna go to whichever lane has the furthest away car so I can go 140.

>>15551957
>people don't wanna change lanes
That's the problem, usually here in toronto, there is no space on the right. There's almost always a bus with a stream of cars who want to take a right. I'm going above the speed by a good margin.

If you can't overtake me from the right, chances are that you can't go faster even i moved.
>>
>mfw live in california and just lanesplit down the HOV lane while you stupid plebs sit in traffic
>>
File: image_2.jpg (63KB, 604x539px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
63KB, 604x539px
>>15551930
I don't see what's so unbelievable about having cattle bars installed on a truck. I live in the country and have them on my 250.

And yes if that entitled child ever pulled any road stunts like that around here I'd pit maneuver his ass too. Again I don't see why this is so hard to believe.
>>
>>15552038
>Typical truck fag entitlement complex
I guess I'd be mad too, If I had a tiny cock AND couldn't maneuver out of a lane.
>>
>>15552047
You're the entitled one you stupid twat you don't own the left lane, move the fuck over or get ran off the road.
>>
>>15551102
>I'm not even mad because they can't help it

Not gonna be upset either when they blow a red light and kill your family. Your logic, not mine.
>>
>>15549705
Brake checking is illegal, and in the overwhelming majority of states it's illegal to stay in left lanes if there is space available in the lanes to your right and you are no longer passing traffic.
>>
>>15552051
>YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LET ME PASS! WAAAA
Go around. If I can overtake in the city in a 1500 towing a boat. You can do it in the 250 your daddy bought you.

Or are you scared that your cheap eBay lift kit will make you roll over?
>>
>>15550989
>>15551005
>>15551033
>>15551113
In many areas passing on the right is illegal, and I know people who have specifically been ticketed for both speeding AND passing on the right (and the cop says they pulled them over for that reason.

In general, it's illegal to stay in the left lane once you are going slower than other traffic, including traffic approaching you from behind.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
>>
>>15552084
Why the fuck are you so entitled? Graduate high school before posting you dumb child
>>
>>15550963
>YOU over take me
By passing on the right? Are you a moron or just b8ing?
>>
>>15552101
>PEOPLE SHOULD MAKE WAY FOR ME!
>YOU'RE THE ENTITLED ONE!
>this lack of self awareness
Lol. I hope you're enjoying your summer vacation. Don't spend it all on the Chan.
>>
>>15552116
How's high school lad?
>>
>>15552106
If I can do it, and have a perfectly clean record.

So can you.

Unless you live with some shit laws or something.
>>
>>15552120
>NO, YOU!

I don't even care, I'm going to go overtake people now to really appreciate how great it is to not be functionally retarded.
>>
I drive a good 10mph over and sit at 80 in the left lane. If I get traffic behind me I'll usually get over in the right lane after passing a semi since there's always a fair amount of room in front of them and only rarely do the people behind me not let me get back in the fast lane when I close the gap.

However, sometimes some racer will approach and pass me on the right. My reaction to this varies considerably. If the road is wide open I just think he's kind of cool and sometimes I'll even try to keep up with him until we hit other cars at which point I let him get ahead in the fast lane since he was the one who started the fun. Bask when I very first started driving and car was pretty slow, I made the mistake of trying to get over when I saw them approaching on the right and learned to just let them pass me the way they had planned rather than force them to adapt, though I never caused an accident or anything

On the other hand, when some aggro turd tries to burn by me on the right in traffic it pisses me right off and when he invariably gets stuck I'll find somebody in the right lane to just match speed with for about ten minutes and just watch that guy's blood boil in my rear view.

Then, in a perfect world I'll see a highway patrol ahead and uncork him by pulling up and over hopefully giving him enough rope to hang himself. Infinitely better than brake checking.
>>
>>15552135
So how's high school treating you lad?
>>
Seriously you faggots don't understand. If you are legitimately in a hurry then tailgating doesn't help you, swerve in and out of lanes and cut everyone off if you're in that much of a hurry. If you're not and want to teach left lane hogs a lesson then wait for an opening and get in front of them, then take your foot off the gas and coast until they are forced to get over, I've gone as low as 25 in a 65 to make my point. at that time you can open up and take off, pretty sure they get it. I've only had to do it twice to someone who was dumb enough to get back over after the first time.
>>
>>15551152
>implying the limiting factor in getting home fast is ever anything other than light luck
You're just getting to the signal sooner.
>>
>>15551924
He literally said it's ok for old people you dumb blind nigger
>>
>>15552141
>like a broken record
Retard confirmed.

Have a good day, try not to drown in your drool.
>>
>>15552149
only good post ITT
>>
>>15552156
It's OK anon I'm sure you only have a few more years of high school left :)
>>
>>15552154
Yea but speed let's me run the orange.

Unless someone's making a left, then I usually stop cos left turns are painful.
>>
File: minute.jpg (51KB, 356x454px) Image search: [Google]
minute.jpg
51KB, 356x454px
>>15552160
Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.
>>
>>15549734
I don't understand why you included Nujabes in your post but I commend your taste anon. Top driving music
>>
>>15552168
Exactly I can see why you are so angsty you must not get along with the other students :(
>>
>>15551033

We aren't talking about city driving. We're taking about highway driving, as indicated in ops picture.

Pay attention
>>
>>15551377
You laugh at that, but when I was getting off the highway a few days ago this trucknigger tried passing me after a few seconds of tailgating. On the fucking one lane off ramp.

I mean holy shit dude. I'm not speeding up into the tight turn and I'm already taking it +10mph. Fuck off.
>>
>>15552168
I'm not sure an ICBM can actually make it around to the other side of the planet within 30 minutes
>>
File: accident.webm (3MB, 626x360px) Image search: [Google]
accident.webm
3MB, 626x360px
>>15552173
OK, buddy.
>>
>>15549641
>subaru driver getting that close in the first place
>decides to stay the same distance after getting brake checked, instead of just sucking it up and passing on the right
>swerves like a fucking retard
Both of them are dipshits.
>>
>>15552019
Nobody cares bikefag, you live in Commiefornia
>>
File: 1451421213665.jpg (1MB, 8850x3900px) Image search: [Google]
1451421213665.jpg
1MB, 8850x3900px
>>15552181
Consider it goes mach 23, it's not too unbelievable.
>>
>>15551130
people like you need to hit a tree and become a bed ridden potato so you can only shitpost in your head and everyone else can enjoy you not being a part of anything anymore.
>>
>>15552191
>free mushrooms with every order
I take it this wasn't a poster used in Japan
>>
>>15549641
D Y K E D O W N
Y
K
E

D
O
W
N
>>
>>15552195
with that horrible driving attitude he'll piss off the wrong redneck and get ran into a ditch or shot
>>
>>15552195
Stay mad.
>>
Brake checking is highly unsafe. Especially with the poor visibility of modern vehicles who knows what's behind the tailgating asshole behind you? Maybe there's a multi-ton semi or a dump truck. His brakes don't work like yours and if you brake check him through the tailgater you're dead.
>>
File: iD96Fp8.jpg (84KB, 960x593px) Image search: [Google]
iD96Fp8.jpg
84KB, 960x593px
>>15552204
>rednecks
Sorry I don't live in a shit country. And most of our 'rednecks' are smart enough to over take.
>>
>>15552208
>le stay mad
>le cuck mayme

fuck off /pol/ and come up with something original to say that isn't a stale meme
>>
>>15552191
Yeah, but it has to launch and re-enter the atmosphere before going back down to the ground.

IIRC the 30 minute figure was generally US to Russia, but middle of US to Perth is a good 2500km longer
>>
File: 00099.jpg (29KB, 566x367px)
00099.jpg
29KB, 566x367px
>>15552219
>bring this btfo
>trying to bring in /pol/ cos you got btfo on /o/

>>>15552228
Most of the time is just spent coasting, ground to orbit takes maybe a minute. And in loe you're really fast.

Maybe not 30 minutes, but minuteman is Hella fast.
>>
>>15552238
They should've attached a super efficient upper stage to that insane anti-ICBM that launches at like 100g
>>
>>15552252
This motherfucker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_%28missile%29

>Mach 10 in 5 seconds
>30km took at most 15 seconds
me gusta
>>
>americans arguing

this rarely happens on the german autobahn, and people get out of the left lane very quick because they dont want to be responsible for killing some insane superbike rider or get rekt by some speeding sportscar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcFFzgge_rQ
>>
>>15552238
>hurf durf I'm entitled to the left lane because I'm a fat retard fuck with 90IQ
>>
>>15550989
you realize that you're spreading bullshit?
>>
>>15549641
reminder
>slow traffic keep right
needs to be a law in every goddamn state in the union

I hate speeders. There is absolutely no fucking reason to brake check them, however
>>
File: 1430109805523.jpg (85KB, 720x474px) Image search: [Google]
1430109805523.jpg
85KB, 720x474px
>>15549641
In my country if you want to pass a slower moving car that's on the left line, you flash your lights and wait for them to change lanes, it's that easy.

You can clearly see the honda driver was passing right lane traffic, so he had every right to stay on the left line.

In the meantime, the legacy guy is obligated by law to keep his distance, which he did not do.
>>
>>15552421
Why do you hate speeders? I don't personally speed but I have no aversion to someone who wants to go 100mph+ in the fast lane. Too many fucking people on the road these days, I rather him get away from me
>>
File: Keep-Right.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Keep-Right.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>15549705
>>15550963
>>15551074
>>15551130
>>15551152
>>15551188

Daily Reminder: Slower Traffic Keep Right
>>
>>15549641

brake checking is the gayest shit i swear
>>
>>15552312
Nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>15552500
I don't even understand the point of it. You're really going to force someone to run into the back of your car and damage it? Then you get to stand outside for an hour waiting for the police to arrive and fill out the damage report and deal with insurance claims, all because you didn't want to let someone pass? I really don't understand it.
>>
I cut people off after tailgating them, if they speed up after I leave the fast lane to rejoin & they begin speeding up to stop me, I go offroad completely & cut their POS van off, then start fucking with them for wasting my time.
>>
>>15552520
u ok m8?
>>
>>15552520
the absolute madman
>>
On American Interstates with moderate amounts of traffic like in the video, left lane cruising road trains of passenger automobiles are common.

The Honda Pilot wants to keep their passing position in the line behind all the other people willing to travel at the speed they do, being fearful first of violating commercial codes and policy enforcement.

The subie driver is boundlessly irrational because it is a fools errand to attempt to tailgate cars already committed to the passing lane to just give up and merge left as they already should have. This is especially true going uphill.

Going downhill, when normies are hovering the brake pedal they are much more willing to loose control over what is in front and behind them.

It is a fallacy to give to shits about what is behind you, but the Pilot driver is not culpable for the crash. The dashcam driver didn't want to pass, and then decided way too late to pass at for the traveling speed, braking from about 65 mph.

In order to effectively speed you must travel fast enough downhill under decompression to beat the next road train as it compresses going uphill.

The pilot driver is not going to give up their spot under traffic compression, but quickly creates a massive gap because of concern for something other than what's ahead, not actually caring about keeping pace. Driving for them is about being in a herd. They feel safer slowly passing and traveling with tractor trailers because the visual reference is satisfying. Empty roads ahead cause self doubt.
>>
>>15551152
>>15551691
You're awfully edgy for someone who subscribes to the female approach to driving
>>
>>15552551
The marginal speed differential of people that hate speeders and how little faster they are willing to go versus trucks uphill causes voluntary congestion that feels like security from the panoptic gaze of authority.
>>
>>15552551
*merge right

merging is a great burden to normal drivers who hate being 'forced' to do so by faster travellers
>>
>>15552551
*lose dammit
>>
>>15552560
The self righteous and women have a whole lot in common...
>>
>>15551074
fuck off
>>
>>15551152
Dashcam and bullbars, cheap car too. Just try that brake checking shit on me, asshole.

If you're going the speed limit, right lane, unless you're passing someone who's going slower.
>>
>>15551130
You do realize you're breaking the law, right?
>>
>>15552511
obviously you do :^)
>>
>>15549641
>American highways
>high speed

LOL
>>
>>15550963
What is it with americans and calling everyone else entitled for not accomodating their childish ego issues?

>No, YOU MOVE OVER! I'm staying put, you are not entitled to me moving over for you!

It's almost like they're too small minded to view the roads as an organized system instead of a fucking free for all of completely arbitrary unspoken rules that change from driver to driver where all you need to do is use your blinkers and follow the speed limit

>gee why can the germans go 200mph and actually die less
>must be kraut magic

Do you actually wonder why you're only allowed to go 60 even when overall conditions are beyong autobahn tier? People like you, that's why.
>>
>>15552789
80mph base speed isn't high speed?
>>
>>15552789
a lot of our highways are actually very well designed for high speeds. wide lanes, three each way, big thick grass ditch median, surrounded by farmland or desert on every side, no cliffs or anything, very long downhill on-ramps, ample merge lanes, gentle curves even for the exits, shallow hills

and then you have the honda van-thing faggots who think lane discipline is for little kids and that they have a right to "pick a lane and stick with it", screaming "get fucked, speeders, i'm a fan of the law like a good jesus" making it horribly unsafe to even go the fucking speed limit, because if they want to go 50 because "it's the limit not the minimum" and you get boxed in between them and a truck that just feels like being a douche, you're not "entitled" to go any faster. but they are entitled to block traffic and teach you damn racecar drivers a lesson about how us normal folk live life, hyuck hyuck. take in the scenery.
>>
>>15552804
No.

You realize 80 million people in Europe have no speed limits on highways yes?

t. drives 140mph when it's empty
>>
>>15552827
80 million people in europe are trained to treat the roads as an engineered mass transit system instead of three rules the cops might give you tickets for breaking and a parallel parking test

>speed
>blinkers
>signs and signals
>^all the american driver cares about
>>
>>15552820
Both speeders and brake checkers are wankers.

But if you can't react to braking at 80mph without flipping your fucking car you really shouldn't try going faster ever.

And no 80mph is not a high speed to Germans.
>>
>>15552460
>You can clearly see the honda driver was passing right lane traffic, so he had every right to stay on the left line.
Not at the point of the brake checking. Pass left, stay right. Once adequate space became available for him to continue at his speed on the right while faster traffic behind him passed, he was obligated to move over to the right.
>>
>>15552849
Sure our driving tests and rules are far more rigorous.

But 80 isn't a high speed. It's the speed we are forced to go at major highway intersections, i.e. when people are merging left and right, meaning dangerous situations.

And that's when we go 80mph here.
>>
>>15552858 here
http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(ad1snwqfsaio4mdjm5qrrhpr))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-257-634
>(1) Upon each roadway of sufficient width, the driver of a vehicle shall drive the vehicle upon the right half of the roadway, except as follows:
>(d) Upon a roadway divided into 3 marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable on the roadway.

Anyhow, actual OP (instead of reupload) of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQJOKM9GkVg
>*UPDATE* My insurance company is considering the Honda driver mostly at fault after reviewing the footage.*

http://fox17online.com/2016/06/06/road-rage-caught-on-camera-state-police-searching-for-driver/
>After watching the viral video, Lieutenant Chris McIntire with Michigan State Police called the incident a case of road rage.
>The video shows Smith swerving right to avoid the last of handful of brake checks before losing control and crashing into the guard rail. Smith was not ticketed but he was found at fault right after the crash, saying he was unable to load and hand over his dash camera footage until recently.
>"We got the information from FOX 17," said Lt. McIntire. "So it helps quite a bit to know who the second driver was. I guess he's a suspect in an investigation. We have the plate, which we obtained from the video, but that could have been somebody else driving."
>Nobody was hurt in the crash. State Police are now re-working the case, telling us the driver of the Honda could be ticketed.

In this case, due to the dashcam footage - the Michigan State police AGREE that the driver of the Subaru (who was tailgating) was less at fault then the Honda driver who brake checked. If the Honda driver didn't like tailgating, he had adequate room and time to calmly transition to the right lane while maintaining his speed.
>>
>>15552859
>Our driving tests and rules are for more rigorous
>80 isn't a high speed

It's not high for you specifically because people actually know what they're doing.

In a country where vigilante drivers are fucking everywhere, it's very high and dangerous.
>>
>>15552910
I concede.
>>
>>15552174
You're reading apprehension is terrible, but I'm not going to explain exactly how to you. That's too much effort. See if you can figure out how stupid you are by your self.
>>
>>15552792
>le americans

bad post
>>
>>15552792
The law is there for a reason. Obey it, and keep your ass in the right lane, unless you're passing. If not, regardless of your incredibly petty rationale, you're breaking the law.
>>
It looked like a fairly long line of cars, and it seemed like the Honda was steadily passing all of them.

I mean, if I'm going 80 MPH, the speed limit is 75 MPH, and I'm still passing cars in the right lane, there is no reason for me to get in the right lane behind a car I would be passing to slow up and let a guy speeding even faster than I was have lane dominance.
>>
>>15549641

>Michigan license plate

What a fucking shocking surprise. We must have some of the worst drivers in the entire state. Awful blend of rural moron rednecks, confounded immigrants, and spoiled kids from the Detroit suburbs. People seem to think commuting is a competition, and that you only win if you inconvenience other driver or "show them who's boss."

My favorite:

>driver is going, say, 45mph in a 55mph
>move to pass them
>they suddenly increase their speed to 55mph and refuse to let you pass on a two-lane road
>fall back behind them
>they go 70mph for a mile
>two miles later they're back down to 45mph
>>
>>15553065

Not him but:

>you're reading apprehension
>you're
>reading apprehension
>apprehension

>your self
>>
>>15553516
Thisssss. I just drove from Missouri through Kansas, into Oklahoma and to the Gulf of Mexico, and I experienced this the entire fucking drive.

Like, shit niggas, I'm just trying to let my cruise sit at 80, it's a long drive.
>>
>>15549641
Jesus, my jeep handles better.
>>
>>15552560
>Incorrect use of the word edgy
Learn your first buzzword?
>>
>>15549641
Is tail gating really that big of a problem? Plenty of people drive in the passing lane and no one seems to get mad or tail gate or whatever.

People just go into the next lane and take over.

I don't wanna convert dash cam footage into webm, cos it was just a normal day today and plenty of people where driving in passing lane. In fact i got stuck behind a pilot and there was a Mercedes right next to him and so i was basically stuck right there. Wasn't that big of a problem cos he was going 75 and that's the speed i'm willing to risk anyway.

Does anyone know if the guy died by the way? Or who was at fault here?
>>
>>15551691
>Being this much of an entitled special snowflake that you think everyone else on the road should orbit you

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
This law refers to the "normal" speed of traffic, not the "legal" speed of traffic. "The 60 MPH driver in a 55 MPH zone where everybody else is going 65 MPH must move right. "

Unless your in one of the 5 states with no keep right laws, Youre a faggot and should have your license revoked.
>>
File: works every time.jpg (76KB, 800x600px)
works every time.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>going over the limit
>passing a semi
>get tailgated
>brake and slow down to 70
>finish passing
>move over
>>
>>15549736
This happens every thread. /o/ clearly has a lot of /b/ crossposters.
>>
>>15549641
Why do people get so triggered by tailgaters? Yes it's dangerous, but if someone tailgates me and hits me, they're paying for the damage and then some. You shouldn't be in the left lane anyways if you're not going to let others pass, why is it that only car guys know this shit in America? In Germany, people actually understand lanes, here it's a fucking free for all and the minority of people that know better can't be better because everyone else drags them down. Anyways, this is some stupid shit that would be on /r/justiceporn, you guys need to adjust your lives so that policing others isn't the only way you have fun.
>>
>>15551130
>Either way, 'slow lane' means vehicles below the limit, not me, who is following the limit.
That is just not true, it's for whoever is going slowest. Getting a driver's license should be harder fuck
>>
>>15550963
Why should I have to make a dangerous maneuver if the other driver is in the wrong lane to begin with?
>>
> be a patient and respectful driver
> people will usually get out of the way
> if not I undertake when safe, they usually get into slow lane afterwards in shame
Feels like I'm a human like everybody else man
>>
>>15550963
Passing on the right is retarded, illegal and unsafe. If you aren't going to keep up with the speed of traffic stay in the fucking right lane, faglord.
>>
>>15551045
>not installing forward facing police lights with a kill switch
>>
File: gg.png (412KB, 833x524px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
412KB, 833x524px
>>
>>15551903
I think you mean "your wife's son"
>>
>>15554397
Please tell me im not the first person ITT who saw this shit
>>
>>15550963
> I am staying in the passing lane , fuck you I don't care about other people. Pass me in the slow lane, I don't give a fuck if I cause traffic. I DON'T CARE, I JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>15553313
so >>15550963 is just a typical american driver? because he was singled out as being a problem
>>
>tfw i pray for people to sit in front of me and go slow because i have 4x LED pods, 52" led lightbar, LED headlights LED fogs and i can unleash the sun into their car
that usually gets them to move pretty fast
>>
>>15554373
Do you get annoyed by someone standing too close behind you?
>>
>>15554419
>>15554393
>>15554381
>>15554387
That's the thing you morons forget, i'm not going with the flow of traffic. I'm going 20 above. The people on the right are too slow for me, so if you want to go faster, go around. I don't want to slow down, move out of your way then come back and accelerate.

>>15554464
Lol, auto dimming rear view mirrors are great.
>>
>>15554715
How does it feel to be the most important person on the road?
>>
>>15554836
>Projecting.

Fuck you nigger, i'm a nice person on the road. I'm usually the only person to not block driveways and intersections into plazas. I'll let you in on the highway, I rarely honk at anyone, i'll even slow down so that you can change lanes and go ahead. But i won't leave my lane just because 20 over is too slow for you, and your too lazy to pass me on the right.
>>
File: 1456384966688.png (42KB, 625x626px)
1456384966688.png
42KB, 625x626px
>>15550963
>>
>>15550963

>he doesn't realise there's actually road rules stating the opposite..

You're everything wrong with highway driving. Fuck wits like you cause so much u needed congestion
>>
>>15554397
>Americans have to be reminded of basic lane etiquette
Jesus Christ

In the UK you don't even get to go on the motorway until you pass your test and there's no mandatory motorway training whatsoever, but in the thousands of miles I've done on the motorway I've probably only encountered people being in the wrong lane like 3 times
>>
>>15554879
>I-I don't care what the law says in 45 states, everyone can pass me on the right if they're going faster! They're just being lazy!

Disgusting.
>>
>>15554879
>I-I don't care what the law says on 45 states. Everyone can just stop being lazy and pass me on the right!

Disgusting.
>>
>>15549641
lol get shit on, fag 100% deserved it
>>
>>15553508
>lane dominance

This is exactly the toxic attitude we're discussing. It has nothing to do with 'dominance'. It's about facilitating the flow of traffic to help everyone get where they're going faster.

When people start applying their masculinity complexes to their driving is when they get entitled and cause accidents.
>>
>>15555095
>>15555078
Yes, i don't care what the law in 45 states says.

Difficult to imagine why, eh?
>>
>>15549641
if you don't have the balls to tailgate and weld bumper to bumper, you deserve it.
the way he crashed though is brutal.
>>
>>15553508
nah dude look the video there was a fairly long time where there is no car on the right lane
he could have let the subaru easely
the guy in the honda is being an asshole that's it
>>
did the guy that ran those two liberal fucks off the road ever get caught?

https://youtu.be/U5ZWFyUC6qQ?t=17

god bless this glorious champion
>>
ITT: /o/ gets trolled hard
>>
>>15555822
This is why America needs better public transit.

Most of America shouldn't be driving.
>>
>>15550989
Not on the highway it isn't.
>>
>>15555822
Well i guess it is a dodge RAM!
>>
>>15554715
It's your duty to move over in many states, even if you are doing above the speed limit already.
>>
if you did that around my place (and not cause a crash) you have a large chance of being followed and beaten up unconscious. That's why i have a baseball bat in my car (with a ball, so there's no misunderstandings with the police, that's just sport equipment) and my brother has a large wrench (both are for the defensive and offensive).

but such is life in the zone
>>
>>15551130

>drives like a woman
>writes like a woman
>entitled like a woman
>drives a CR-V

post your tits you semen demon or get the fuck out
>>
>>15553065

Cars line up on the left when exiting a highway....but those same exits have their own lanes anon.

The rule here in the US is the left lane is used for passing only. If you drive on any US Hwy or Interstate Hwy you may see signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Left".

This is related to the aforementioned rule about passing.

This is also true in city driving, unless you're making a left turn at a control point.
>>
>>15557651

Shit, I meant to say "Slower Traffic Keep Right"

>I am stupid
>>
>>15553524

>anon never graduated 5th grade
>>
>>15557651
>The rule here in the US is the left lane is used for passing only.
It's like that anywhere else in the (first) world

Needing signs to remind slower drivers to stay on the outside lane is retarded though
>>
>>15558007

Well sometimes you have to have signs to remind retarded people to use common sense to when operating a motor vehicle
>>
>>15552792
>It's almost like they're too small minded to view the roads as an organized system

They are a bunch of farmers from Oklahoma who don't realize that they are no longer on a lonely road on their tractor.
>>
>>15552849
>blinkers
>signs and signals

Nope. No signals required. If you want to make a left turn from the right lane, you just crank your wheel and shove your nose into the left turn line. No signals required. While you are parked sideways, the other two lanes of traffic you just blocked will have plenty of time to figure out what you are doing.

Cops in my town will let this shit go. Just no speeding.
>>
>>15550963
>hurr why don't you just undertake me?
Literally retarded. Go back to driving school.
>>
>>15551074
I'm just gonna keep driving with long lights on, sorry just forgot them accidentally on...
>>
>>15552074
Literally nobody cares. In the end, the law is only as good as its enforcement, and police rarely side against someone for going slow in the fast lane, so long as they're going faster than the slow lane.

If I'm passing someone who's going slower than me, it doesn't matter if I'm going 5 or 20 mph faster to pass them; I'm still passing them, and if someone's riding my ass, I'm not going to lie that I get very tempted to stay in the fast lane just to piss them off. i'll keep a pace barely higher than the slow lane.
>>
>>15551045
so much this, your car/bike has a horn. if you disagree with another driver you lay on the horn.
no need to start doing passive aggressive dangerous manouvers when you can just annoy the fuck at of people with your legal horn.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (16KB, 225x218px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
16KB, 225x218px
Your left lane camper action, when executed correctly, creates safer merging!
>>
The tailgater is still in the wrong. If there had been an emergency situation that caused the driver of the Pilot to brake hard, the results are the same.
There was no excuse to be tailgating. Are you going to get anywhere faster by following 30 feet behind vs 300 feet?
>>
>>15558251
That's fine, my mirrors dim automatically.
>>
I've undertaken cars a couple of times in my years of driving. They were either clueless about which lane they were in, or trying to "punish" me because they had a slower car. Most cars here move over when they see something coming up behind them, some (mostly Peugeot/Citroen) drivers don't realise they are finished overtaking that car doing 10 under and then move over. I'm a patient driver but like everyone I have my limits.
>>
I have to do bi-yearly commutes from North to South Florida in my '03 Suburban, that includes a long stretch of horrific central florida highways full of retards and speed traps and clueless moms.

I am stickler for

SLOWER TRAFFIC
KEEP RIGHT

Some motherfucker tried to brake check me in a civic and I waved a cop over who was driving out of view from him and got him to do it again. I didn't get it on video but oh man the justice porn was real that day.
>>
>>15560347
>Brake checking a car bigger than you
God. Why?
>>
god damn i love running people off the road when they play sheriff with me. its like a bonus to my commute. please fuck off and get out of they way or we will have problems.
>>
>>15560791
I'm sure your civic has rammed many soccer moms off the road, tough guy. Do you do burn outs in the parking lot too?
>>
>MUH RIGHT TO SPEED
>>
>>15560898
>MUH RIGHT TO BRAKE UNSAFELT
>>
>>15560917
>DRIVING IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT
>>
>>15560896
no, faggot, civics don't have 350bhp. people panic when you swerve at them. they ditch their cars easily, but only if they fuck with me first.
>>
>>15554397
hahahahahahahah
>>
>>15561874
In order to swerve at them, you have already passed them and are in another lane.

Confirmed for being a massive fag.
>>
>>15552469
Because as much as I agree that going 100mph+ in the fast lane is the easily the best shit ever, it's still reckless and can make you prone to accident
>>
>>15549736
>he actually sides with tailgating (an unsafe roadrage driving practice) at high speeds
>>
This guy is brake checking me. Better keep riding his ass

FTFY
>>
>>15549736
>>15552074

It's funny how when the subject is speeding, people are cool with it and are like, "you should move over and let them speed", but when the subject is brake checking, suddenly it's all, "OMG ILLEGAL!!!! YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW!"

Nope, no bias here at all.
>>
>>15551903
>being an aggressor
HAHA once you skull I'm going to smite you for your pink slip n00b
Thread posts: 213
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.