[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can any random faggot swap the R8's engine for a V12 Diesel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: images-2.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
Can any random faggot swap the R8's engine for a V12 Diesel e.g? Where can that random faggot buy the engine he wants to swap the original with? If the guy can't do it by himself would the shop he bought the engine from install it for him?
>>
>>15501413
Bump
>>
Delete thread and make a new one where you aren't speaking in memes. Maybe you'll get a serious answer
>>
>>15501582
What memes? Apart from the random faggot part
>>
>>15501413
Bomp
>>
>>15501413
You want to put a V12 diesel in an Audi R8?
>>
EcoBoost-equipped engines are designed to deliver horsepower and torque consistent with those of larger displacement (cylinder volume), naturally aspirated engines, with claims it can achieve approximately 20% better fuel efficiency and 15% fewer greenhouse emissions (disputed) . Ford sees the EcoBoost technology as less costly and more versatile than further-developing or expanding the use of hybrid and diesel engine technologies. As such, Ford intends to use EcoBoost extensively, across a broad range of vehicle product lines.[4]p technology is also available.

The engines are produced in Cologne, Germany and Craiova, Romania with production to later expand in Chongqing, China. Production is expected to be 700,000–1,500,000 units per year. The engine is available in Ford Focus, the Ford Focus-based C-MAX and Grand C-MAX, the Fiesta-based B-Max and Transit Courier.[15] This version is also available in the second generation Ford Ecosport manufactured and sold in Brazil, India, Thailand and Russia, although in some markets, this vehicle comes with the 2.0L Ecoboost engine.

Ford has announced that the 1.0L Ecoboost engine will be available for the American market starting with the all-new 2014 Ford Fiesta Sedan and Hatchback. It was announced at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show, when the 2014 Fiesta was introduced. The 123 hp version is now available in the North American market Focus starting with model year 2015. In the latest run of events 1.0L engine has got the biggest recognition of all times, International Engine of Year Award 2016. 65 motoring journalist from over 31 countries inspected the nominees on the factors like driveability, fuel economy, smoothness and noise, coming to the conclusion that EcoBoost is the best performer of all, thus making it 'Best Engine Under 1.0L' for the fifth time in a row.[16]
>>
>>15502345
Well, pretty much yeah. And supercharge it
>>
>>15502362
Why
Also why not turbo?
Anyway if you find an engine, you'd have to custom fab pretty much everything, probably whole new drive-train cut into firewall and engine bay and maybe frame, and for what? A street legal R15++? Lets say you get a clean R8 with engine problems for 40k, apart from the cost of the V12, supercharger, and tranny, it would have to be done by a crazy shop for 10's of thousands of dollars, and would probably take a few months to complete, if not years.
If this seems fine to you, look at boat engine sellers for a good candidate.
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>15502382
It's already turbocharged.
OP is retard.
>>
>>15502523
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he wasn't talking about the 6.0 TDI. There's one of those on eBay atm for 20 grand, so if OP wants to sink 100k into a car making it worse, now would be the time.
>>
>>15502523
This is a fucking concept car engine you retard. Its a 1st gen diesel R8 that didn't see production

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/production-audi-r8-v-12-tdi-auto-shows
>>
>>15502382
I dont really know the differences between them, but I read somewhere that a supercharger provides equal boost in every RPM range while a turbo has a specific (tunable?) power band.

About the diesel, I just want increased mpg. Im also planning on adding a second fuel tank/upgrading the existing one to almost twice it's normal since I'm planning to make huge trips. I dont give a flying fuck about the cost and I want a (idk if its possible) TWIN supercharged V12 to compensate for the increased weight
>>
File: 008__scaled_600_044.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
008__scaled_600_044.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>15502601
grown ups are talking anon
>>
File: 1469146470172.jpg (104KB, 736x960px) Image search: [Google]
1469146470172.jpg
104KB, 736x960px
>>15502630
>>
>>15502630
Can it fit in an R8 though? Looks like the engine alone is larger than the fucking car and I dont want to drive a cruiseship on wheels
>>
File: byczek.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
byczek.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>15502637
with the TDI le mans concept they had to move the rear bulkhead to fit it in

any V12 is going to be that size tho, could also consider the V10 TDI which is more common, but only makes like 300hp stock.
>>
>>15502659
Iirc diesel engines produce more torque and less hp compared to gas engines so the total output is the same
>>
>>15502617
Why do you care about MPG if you don't care about money?
Superchargers make diesels less efficient then turbos, as they are pretty much always on, while a turbo won't create boost when you aren't on the gas.
Diesels have small RPM ranges, a turbo won't have any lag in a diesel.
FYI, the current R8 gets 22mpg highway, and the Q7 with the TDI gets 28. A tuned one rigged up to an R8 would get less I'm sure. The C7 Vette gets fucking more than that. There are so many better options for the 150k you'll be spending.
>>
>>15501413
>Diesel.
Are you allowed to use computers in your current institution?
>>
>>15502730
>Provides hard proof to back his claims
>Cites his sources

Yep, sounds like a certified fucking mechanic
>>
>>15502724
Does extra hp really makes a lot of difference? Its already fast, and idk if its a linear upgrade.

Yeah you're right about the lower rpms. Would 2 turbos significantly drop mpg? And would it provide double the power over a single turbo or would it be a marginal increase? Idk so thats why Im asking
>>
>>15502752
Twin turbos usually make less HP or equal to one, as they use a sequential system with one smaller turbo to reduce lag, at the compromise of usually needing a smaller main turbo.
MPGs and power completely depend on what you want from the turbos, but usually the huge numbers come from single turbo.
>>
>>15502752
Oh and yes, horsepower makes a difference... what do you mean already fast, the stock R8? If you're talking about the V12 TDI from the Q7, that would make it slower.

I've tried to be as helpful as possible this whole time, but I have to be realistic, someone who knows absolutely nothing about cars, such as yourself, should not ever pay a shop to make a dumb custom car with such odd specific alterations.
You'll end up with a lumpy power delivery, smelly, rough running traction breaker that can't pull above 2,000RPM and will have a resale value of "Sell junk cars for cash now!"
>>
>>15502841
I only recently started learning about cars, maybe that explains my illiteracy. You'd really help me if you could give me something to read on to learn more about this kind of stuff.

Anyway, cant I find another diesel engine for the R8? V12 isnt necessary, maybe I could salvage one from another car like a Viper or a Corvette. If it could be more than 600hp that's all I need (600hp without turbos, NA so I can install a turbo myself). Could I have one made?
>>
>>15503100
Well, a Viper engine or LS from a Corvette would be a fun swap into an R8, now you're on the right track (aka they aren't diesel). Viper engine would be really tough to fit, so I think Corvette is the better choice.
A Supercharger would be better for them imo.
Better yet, a Procharged LS in an R8 body is a pretty good swap idea, and cost effective if you sell the old engine. You would be running about 1200 horsepower and pretty equal torque.

As for ways to become a gear head, read tons of articles, if you have a car buy a manual and read through it, every time you don't understand a phrase or concept watch a video on it.
>>
>>15503216
Yeah I already have a POS manual 2010 Focus hatch and I havent touched a slushbox in like 2 months. Im pretty good at it and I pretty much know how an engine and a transmissio n works, most of the different types of engines etc etc. I dont know most of tuning and everything aftermarket.

Wild guess but, could you possibly fit a Chiron's engine in an R8? 1500hp are hard to resist. I know probably EVERYTHING will need upgrading and it will chug gas like a Bangkok prostitute swallows semen but I drool just thinking about it. It'd probably need weeks of working on and an obese wallet but can it be done?
>>
>>15503303
Probably, but the engine alone is probably a few hundred grand, and I don't think a standard R8 chassis, frame etc can take that power.
Basically, anything's possible, but a lot of them really aren't worth it.

There are better supercars to swap powerful engines into, the R35 GTR is good at taking huge amounts of HP for example, but you probably just really like the R8.
>>
File: 20160725_094738.jpg (45KB, 440x246px) Image search: [Google]
20160725_094738.jpg
45KB, 440x246px
>>15503329
Yeah its my favorite car, I've drooled over it since I saw it when I was 12. Thats why Im adamant on that.
>>
>>15503676
Since the new r8 is out and it sucks major ass, do you think I could find a 1st gen R8 in a couple years?
>>
File: FF9A3872-Edit_zps99ef9456.jpg (86KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
FF9A3872-Edit_zps99ef9456.jpg
86KB, 1024x682px
>>15503100
>maybe I could salvage one from another car like a Viper or a Corvette. If it could be more than 600hp that's all I need (600hp without turbos, NA so I can install a turbo myself). Could I have one made?
why would you do that? these cars can make 800hp+
>>
>>15503731
Wouldn't it make a substantial difference on acceleration, if not top speed?
>>
>>15503764
you're too dumb. stop posting and fuck off.
>>
>>15503785
.l.
>>
>>15503785
Im asking because I dont know you pathetic fucking turd. I literally just said that turbos increase the car's performance which is common fucking sense you retard.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.