[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if some reckless faggot crashes into me causing my airbags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1457592535870.gif (302KB, 290x705px) Image search: [Google]
1457592535870.gif
302KB, 290x705px
So if some reckless faggot crashes into me causing my airbags to deploy i then have to deal with a salvage title'd car with little to no value left because some fuckhead didn't pay attention?
>>
>>15499642
Yes.
>>
>>15499642
Unless the car is totaled. Than you can get them to replace it. Otherwise yeah, your shit out of luck.
>>
>>15499642
that's why you pay for insurance you poor loser
>>
>>15499654
i have insurance and understand car will be fixed by the retard but after that my car may have bent frame and no resale value
>>
>>15499662
If that's true than make them get you a new car. A bent frame will likely total the car, which means they owe you a car that is Identical as the one you had.
>>
>>15499662
not sure about your area but if your car has a salvage title it isn't allowed on roads unless it specified salvage-rebuildable and after repairs it's inspected and changed to a rebuilt title.
>>
>>15499662
>Implying bent frame is all bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKJ9DcvqnYE
>>
>>15499642

No, son.

If they total the car, they pay you out for it. You're supposed to Jew them as much as possible by any means possible.

If you then purchase the wreck from the insurance company, it has an S title. If you repair it to a point where it can pass an inspection, you get an R title. A rebuilt title.

It'll never be right again, and insurance companies don't really like R titles from what I'm told.
>>
>>15500225
but if the accident isn't serious and just makes airbags deploy, insurance will fix it on the cheap with me having no say right? And car's value plummets
>>
>>15500279
No your car doesn't get a salvage title automatically if the airbags deploy.
It gets a salvage title if and ONLY if they deem the cost of repairs exceeds the value of the car when it is repaired.
>>
>>15500279
You only get a salvage title if insurance totals out your car, in which case the just cut you a check for what the car was worth. Deployed airbags usually totals the car because airbags are so fucking expensive to get replaced.
Totaled literally means that the insurance company thinks that it would cost more to repair the car than the car is actually worth, so they just cut you a check to replace it. You're awfully mad about something that you apparently don't understand at all.
>>
>>15500645
Why the fuck are airbags so expensive to replace?

I'm glad my CRVs airbag relay or something has failed, otherwise it would have deployed 3 times already. Not by me, my mom.

Anyway, is there a fuse for the airbag or anything i can remove so that it never deploys?
>>
>>15500689
>why the fuck are airbags so expensive to replace
Because the law says you have to replace them so it doesn't really matter what it costs you'll pay it.
>>
>>15500689
Yes there's a fuse, remove it but it will put a light on and you must replace it before you take it to get inspected.
>>
>>15501078
Alright no problem.

I'll just remove the fuse, and ignore the light. Plus safety is done every 5 or so years or whatever so who cares, just put fuse back in and you're good.

>>15500722
government fucking us over again.
>>
>>15500279
It's salvage if the cost of repairs is worth more than the value of the car
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.