[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's the weekend! You know what that means! >what have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 20160720_183422.jpg (2MB, 2324x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160720_183422.jpg
2MB, 2324x1440px
It's the weekend! You know what that means!

>what have you done to your car
>what do you plan on doing

I'm broke as fuck waiting for my first unemployment check. Going to replace the cylinders on the hood of my e34

Pic related
>>
>>15493558
>using welfare to buy unnecessary shitty
Get the fuck out of /o/ you fucking dirty nigger get a job.
>>
File: 1321251456.jpg (255KB, 961x759px) Image search: [Google]
1321251456.jpg
255KB, 961x759px
Just did my passenger side hub, cv axle, and ball joints on my dd truck.

>me didn't solve issue I'm chasing
>>
File: 1463372116675.jpg (23KB, 491x224px) Image search: [Google]
1463372116675.jpg
23KB, 491x224px
>he didn't get Ecoboost
>>
>>15493572
Suck my dick you fucking retard. I work 70+ hours for 6 months. My job is seasonal.

You know how I know you don't have a job? You think unemployment is welfare. It's money that I put in. Go back to your basement dumb ass.
>>
>>15493584
Mfw * sorry phone corrected me.
>>
i put a zip tie on the throttle cable to eat up some slack in it
>>
Well I didnt get to work on my car sadly.
I did, however, put in the new headlight assembly on my gfs Accord.
Wasn't that bad, but getting the old crushed fender (some mexican backed into her shit and sped off) was a complete bitch. Managed to hammer and spoon most of the dents out, but I'm gonna have to order a new fender regardless.

Hopefully get to work on my car sometime this week. In between working on all my friends cars for money.
I both hate and love being the only competent mechanic in my social circle.
>>
File: side clean.jpg (269KB, 979x734px) Image search: [Google]
side clean.jpg
269KB, 979x734px
What have you done : nothing lately
What do you plan: Installing my right power window motor and then both moisture barriers and sound deadeners for the doors.
>>
File: 1468154608532.jpg (90KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
1468154608532.jpg
90KB, 600x430px
Touched up some cracks on my car's (leather) seats; plan to de-haze its headlights tomorrow. Should be a fun time.

On a related note, anyone else find working on your car really fun, even if it's something really mundane? Just being out in the summer heat in the evening working on my car feels right.
>>
File: frog324.2.jpg (8KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
frog324.2.jpg
8KB, 238x212px
>>
>>15493683
The summer heat is my enemy. I would much rather have no feeling in my hands fro.lm the freezing cold than be so sweaty that my tools are slipping out of my hands.

But yes. Even though it's hard sometimes, I do genuinely enjoy working on my vehicles. And even some family/friend vehicles as long as they aren't too bad.
>>
>>15493673
I like it. Easy money. A coworker needed to change the fuel pump on his chevy silverado. He was quoted 1000 dollars. 700 for the pump and 300 for labor.

I told him to call back because I thought there was a mistake. He asked me to do it instead. I bought the part and he payed me 500. 400 dollars for 3 hours of work isn't too bad lol. Did that last weekend.
>>
>>15493683
I pretty much look forward to it. Just cleaned out all the contacts inside the steering wheel to remove the dirt and grime and it was really fun. Going to remove the small rust spots and put some fresh paint on it too
>>
>>15493706
So easy. It took me maybe 5hrs to do a timing belt/water pump plus crank and cam seals on my friends Focus.
It was the single port, super easy to take apart.
Her mechanic wanted $750 to do all that, PLUS PARTS.
She ordered the parts with my help (~$90) and paid me $350 to do it for her. True we spent like $30 more on oil and coolant after the fact. But it was pretty easy money. Haha
>>
>>15493832
People dont realize how much you're really paying at a mechanic. even an honest one. You're paying for the workers wages, consumables, rent on the building and then on top of that the owner wants to make a profit too.
>>
>>15493874
I mean, I get that. I do.
But I can't, with a clear conscience, let one of my friends get buttfucked that hard.
The damn Focus isn't even worth $1000. Why spend $750 on what was basically regular maintenance?

Like my gfs Accord. Took it in to have the power steering pump replaced, they do it, more than she should've spent (~$370) and then hand her an estimate for $5600 to replace spark plugs, check valve clearance, flush all fluids, and check her timing. Like, are you fucking kidding?
I get that shops have to make money and account for overhead. I was a store manager for awhile. But some stuff is highway robbery.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 795x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 795x488px
Dealer said to take whatever I wanted, so I took out the center console of one of their parts cars. Now I have working automatic cup holders again, it's like living in the future
>>
>>15493906
Yeah, some mechanics really fuck you hard if they can. Especially if the customer is a women. My girl went in for the lever that activates your turn signal. They waneed 350$ part costs 30 bucks and took a half hour.

I honestly think working on cars is one of the most important skills you can have to save money. Plus girls love it.

I'm sure your girl was pretty happy with you saving her all that money.
>>
>>15494172
Women absolutely love that shit. No joke.
If it saves them money and the convenience of not having to go "struggle with a shop" they eat it up.
My gf literally cried when she saw she had a brand new shiny headlight assembly for only $43. Yeah the fender is still ugly as sin. But she didn't even care.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.