[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The AC compressor on my 2005 Odyssey is kill. The dealer wants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

The AC compressor on my 2005 Odyssey is kill. The dealer wants 1100 for parts and labor. Is that a reasonable mark-up, or a brutal assfucking?
>>
>>15492173
Brutal. Go to the local u pull it and grab a used one for $30. Put it on yourself for free in 30 mins. Get a recharge kit for maybe $10.
>>
>>15492173
>>
>>15492173
Seems about right for a job correctly done, probably a few more parts might need to be replaced if the compressor spilled its metal shavings from its guts throughout the system before it died.
>>
Full kit with all necessary components new at rockauto $182
http://www.rockauto.com/m/mobilecatalog.php
>>
>>15492173
Agree with >>15494703

You could try to replace the compressor with a junkyard unit but the AC system is just that, a system. There are a bunch of seals and valves and stuff that should be replaced along with a compressor. 1100 is reasonable.
>>
My Toyota Corrole wont start there is a click sound and a beep sound only
>>
>>15494900
shoulda bought an E30.
>>
if your compressor is toast your a/c system is probably full of aluminum shavings that will murder any new compressor you put in there.

The shop might be charging you for a flush, which can be rather expensive if it's bad enough.

Also refrigerant recovery can be costly even if it doesn't require much work from the technician.
>>
>>15492173
>The dealer wants 1100 for parts and labor. Is that a reasonable mark-up, or a brutal assfucking?

My stealership wanted $1800 PLUS charged an examination fee of $120 on top of that. Basically for almost all repairs, the stealership starts off with an examination to determine what the problem is. He doesn't accept my word for it that this is wrong or that is wrong.

Even for in-warranty work there is an exam fee. If the exam determines that the problem actually exists AND is an in-warranty problem, there is no exam fee. If there was no problem discovered or the dealer refuses to fix the problem under warranty, then the exam fee must be paid.
>>
>>15492173
Ask him if he could at least wine and dine you before he fucks you.
>>
>>15494934
>Also refrigerant recovery can be costly even if it doesn't require much work from the technician.
That is done pretty cheaply here. They attack something to the pipe and empty it out, then it goes thru some filter and goes back in. They have a machine for doing that at the dealer. Computers manage and run the tools, make decisions, flip valves, etc. The technician is there because the computer cannot connect the hoses and electrical connectors. It even displays instructions on the screen for the tech to do this or do that now, then do this later, now do this, now do that. Go check that, verify this and that. Done. If the programmer had a sense of humor, the machine would tell the tech when to yawn in boredom while waiting for the machine to process the refrigerant.
>>
Same thing happened to my 2005 TL. Is it a Honda thing? Mine's gonna cost just under 800 to fix though.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.