[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd rather buy a small truck than a civic because than I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

I'd rather buy a small truck than a civic because than I'd get RWD
Who's with me?
RWD is the best
>>
An 80s Econoline is also RWD. What's your point?
>>
>>15480759
As a driver of a compact pickup, I would say a civic with a b18 would be more fun than my 22re. Advantage though is it's a fucking truck and even though it's slow it can carry shit a civic can't like a couch. The Japanese have dodge van races. The potential for vans and trucks is there if you just want to have fun but find one that is a good platform for an engine swap or turbo.
>>
File: 32794538-640.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
32794538-640.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>there will never be 2.3L ecoboost 6 speed ranger
>>
meh

a fwd shitbox is more fun than a top of the line rwd truck
>>
>>15480759
You'd rather FR but you have neither in the first place, bus cuck.
>>
>>15481736
Maybe due to the aftermarket available, and the fact it's really not worth anything so you don't have to feel bad about tearing it up. A truck has massive utility and is known for staying reliable if you leave them be and replace parts with oe spec and good quality so I would feel bad about wrecking one. For the amount of money and work it would take to make a truck fun you can buy a fwd shitbox, beef it up some, have just as much fun AND keep your truck the way it is.
>>
>>15481751
Correction, the amount of money it would take to make a compact truck fun. A fullsize truck with a 350 or 351 can be fun with a gear change.
>>
>>15480759
>Gets rwd to try to drift
>Roll car into ditch and total it.
See this way too often in nc.
>>
>>15481765
Do you not have parking lots to practice in, in NC or is everyone just that dumb?
>>
File: toyota-hilux-24d-09.jpg (205KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-hilux-24d-09.jpg
205KB, 1333x1000px
>>15480759
>Let me get a heavy vehicle designed for work applications instead a light compact car with proper suspension just because I want to swing the tail out in the corners
Any truck in that price range will be much, much slower and hektik drifts will be nearly impossible unless you modify the shit out of it.

Stupid mentality.
>>
>>15481751
I think that it boils down to one point: Trucks are by and large, pigfat.

Fun driving characteristics such as cornering and acceleration are all functions of weight. You can achieve performance despite weight, but it is an uphill battle.

Furthermore, the weight distribution of a pickup is heavily biased toward the front if it's unloaded (probably the most common state). This is less than ideal, especially if the truck is RWD.

>>15481770
We just have curves that brings out everyone's inner dagumi. There are way too many dents in the guardrails on the road up to the parkway through pisgah
>>
>>15481770
They wreck into poles/curbs in parking lots.
Ditches are more common since most truck drivers here are aggressive and don't slow down at curves. Or at least not in my half of nc where lifted jeeps and trucks are common. South east of Raleigh man.
>>
>OP can't even afford a Civic
>>
>>15481745
I think some bus are RR
>>
>>15481799
>tfw no V8 turbo diesel hoon-bus
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.