[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you cucks in the North East allow this? why do you vote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: salt.jpg (658KB, 847x567px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
658KB, 847x567px
Why do you cucks in the North East allow this? why do you vote to allow this?

Do the cucks north of the Mason Dixon line not care about their cars? Do they not care about their cars disintegrating in less than 5 years?
>>
>>15477761
>cars disintegrating in less than 5 years?
If your cars disintegrating within five year from a little salt on the road, then there's something wrong with the *cars*. Not that I approve of the practice to use salt to get rid of snow and ice, but it's cheaper than the alternatives (which certainly exists and are used elsewhere) and that's about the only reason *anyone* uses it.
>>
>>15477761
My 25 yo car and my 10yo car don't exist, I suppose.
>>
in south ontario cars are dissapearing after just two years because of this weird beat juice liquid they put on the roads before they ice up.
>>
File: Minneapolis_I35W.jpg (84KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
Minneapolis_I35W.jpg
84KB, 611x404px
>>15477761
>not care about their cars

Cars aside, what about the infrastructure that corrodes? Pic related.

And the fresh water fish that it kills?
>>
>>15477841
>a little salt on the road
Uhhhhh its a shit load more than a little sweetheart.
>>
>>15479110
>use bridges long beyond their intended lifespan because your taxes don't suffice for your crumbling infrastructure and selfish, short-sighted voters would run away if you raised taxes by even a dime
>act shocked when they fall apart, blame it on everything but your greedy fucking selves
>>
File: 1458864906089.png (230KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458864906089.png
230KB, 640x360px
>living in a snow state
>>
>>15479128
>taxed 35% of income
>property tax
>sales tax

>selfish
this is advanced retardation. found the "Sellout" Sanders voter.
>>
>>15479168
At least I'm not falling to my death on a collapsing bridge over here in Europe. Enjoy your third world.
>>
>>15479173
lets see some statistics on falling bridge deaths Eurocuck.
>>
>>15477761
Name something cheaper and just as effective than salt.

You can't.

It's someing us northerners simply accept as a fact of life and wash our cars regularly in the winter and use rust preventatives.

This is something southerners don't get.
>Just like driving in the snow.
>>
>>15477761
>KEKS KEKS KEKS
go away newfag
>>
>>15479173
>At least I'm not falling to my death on a collapsing bridge over here in Europe.
At least I'm not getting chopped up by the religion of peace
>>
File: received_1828542007379058.jpg (76KB, 540x850px) Image search: [Google]
received_1828542007379058.jpg
76KB, 540x850px
>>15477761
Found out I'll be putting a subframe in the 98 civic I just bought. Thnx road salt
>>
Is a good car wash at the end of winter (one that washes the undersides) a good way to remove salt?
>>
File: 1469089528585.jpg (174KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1469089528585.jpg
174KB, 500x619px
>>15477761
Confirmed for not living/driving through a northern winter.
Confirmed for not knowing how good modern steels/coatings on modern automobiles are.

My 2002 sentra has no rust issues and it's an economy car.
>>
>>15479259
Uhh. Maybe on the body but I can guarantee the underside has at least surface rust unless you've meticulously undercoated and cleaned it. I work on cars. Ones that aren't undercoated are getting surface rust in 2years or less. Doesn't matter how advanced a coating is if a little Rock chips it off.
>>
>live in rural central new york
>roads are always smoothly paved except in the city, roads are lightly salted, but not enough to effect the car rusting quickly
>move to western new york
>not even possible to avoid the potholes
>trucks drive by all hours of the night dumping salt on the roads to the point it piles up in places
>my 10 year old car which has no under body rust now has a rusted out muffler, and the door panels are getting pre rust

wtf is this shit. The crazy thing is there is a bigger car culture than back home.
>>
>>15479168
Gas tax hasn't been keeping up with inflation the way it should. That's what is supposed to pay for road infrastructure.
Our gas is already cheap but a gas tax is a political third rail.
most voters are morons
>>15479221
>This is something southerners don't get
>Just like driving in the snow

Dustings literally shut down the state. Literally. State workers don't go in.

Fucking joke.

>>15479269
That's the part I was referring to faggot.
I don't even bother to clean my underside and it's fine. It was in the air a few months ago.
Don't buy a Mazda next time :^)
>>
>>15479221
Yea I don't get this. Driving in the snow is fun as fuck, and I just wash my car like a person that's not a retard.
>southerners will never get to rip hektik snow skids with their buddies
Your loss
>>
>>15479258
You should go through a good car wash with undercarriage spray at least once a week if you're driving in salt. A lot of places do unlimited car washes for 30 bucks a month
>>
>>15479282
>Driving in the snow is fun as fuck

On top of this I also learned a lot about car control. I've fucked around in the snow enough that I've avoided at least two crashes in the rain that I can remember.
>>
>>15479128
As much as I want to call you a filthy yuropoor...

>Chicago
>most amount of moveable bridges in the world
>a handful of them haven't passed inspection in a decade
>>
>>15479411
But then again, Illinois and particularly Chicago are corrupt as hell. Thank you Democrats!
>>
>>15479259
Bullshit, I got an 05 sentra, things underbody is a nice collection of rust.
>>
>>15479173
Have fun getting raped by refugees
>>
>>15479415
>>
>>15479637
Spotted Rahm Emanuel
>>
Because people here are impatient and HAVE TO GO TO WORK RIGHT NOW LIKE THEIR LIVES DEPEND ON IT 3 hours after getting 18 inches of snow. So rock salt and sodium chloride gets used because its the cheapest and fastest way to treat roads and prevent icing.

(I hate it too).
>>
>>15479221
>cheaper and just as effective than salt

Plow off the heavy accumulations. Learn to drive on the rest.
>>
File: WinterDriving.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
WinterDriving.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>15479348
>On top of this I also learned a lot about car control.

This. Git gud.
>>
>>15479691
>Learn to drive on the rest.
And turn it into tire-compacted ice? You're retarded. You know that's what the salt is for, right?
>>
File: 20160705_125251.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160705_125251.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>15479256
Jesus i thought the sub frame and linkages were bad in my 2001 civic. Pic related.
>>
>>15479168
>>taxed 35% of income

You make over $400k a year?

>what are progressive tax brackets
>>
>>15479708
This. When it stays below 10 degrees for a week and nothing melts, this is what happens.

I hate that salt has been what has killed my last 2 cars, and will ultimately be the demise of my current one, but what are ya gonna do? Some day I'll probably get a car I like from a southern state and keep it garaged through winter, but right now I don't have the money or space to keep a winter car.
>>
File: ca66fec2.jpg (18KB, 480x158px) Image search: [Google]
ca66fec2.jpg
18KB, 480x158px
>>15479707
>that tandem drift
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO
>>
>>15479745
>>what are progressive tax brackets
Inneffective ways of getting more money once you raise the highest tax bracket over a certain percent which is projected to be somewhere between 15 and 25 percent of income.
>>
>>15479754

Ah, a flat-taxer. So where does the revenue come from if the top tax bracket is only 25%?
>>
>>15479762
>, a flat-taxer
But I'm not. Read it again
>>
>>15479762
Different poster, but I feel like taxing the wealthy 35% of their income is guaranteed to just generate more animosity. Hell, I'm a poorfag and hate it when taxes + SS take about a third of my paycheck (even though I Get the taxes back later for making so little), I can only imagine people making bank get a little fed up of seeing 1/3d of their work get snatched up. I understand why they dodge taxes so much.
>>
>>15479423
If I could climb under there I would too the a pic. Maybe it's because I don't put a lot of miles on.
>>
>>15479769

You realize that nobody is taxes "35% of their income," people who make over $400-something thousand a year get income over that amount taxed at 35%. The first $50k they make is taxed the same as yours or mine. And most people in those high tax brackets derive a lot of income from investments and have accountants that effectively reduce their overall tax burden. 35% is also historically low for our top income tax bracket. During the 50s and 60s, a period of unprecedented economic growth and prosperity for this country, the top income tax bracket was 90%.
>>
>arguing about taxes
>>>/pol/
>>
>>15479796
>During the 50s and 60s, a period of unprecedented economic growth and prosperity for this country, the top income tax bracket was 90%.
But nobody actually paid that due to an absurd amount of deductions, tax breaks, etc. Besides it's not like rich people are rich due to income anyway. The income tax is merely a barrier the wealthy had put up in order to keep the riff raff out.

Besides I fail to see how giving politicians money through the punitive use of income taxes to give to their benefactors and cronies helps at all.
>>
>>15479846
In fact, Reagan effectively increased taxation and made the tax code fairer. Rich people were able to afford expensive tax advisors that, through the extensive use of loopholes they were able to pay less taxes than the poor.
>>
>>15479128
>Raising taxes instant of rebalancing the budget and fighting tax evasion

Would it hurt to lower government employee salaries to more closely match the average instead of the elite? No.

>>15479707
DEJA VU
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.