[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Toyota claim that the GT86 was designed with the AE86

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46KB, 480x360px
Why does Toyota claim that the GT86 was designed with the AE86 and 2000GT if it quite clearly resembles none of those and in fact looks exactly like I'd imagine a next gen Celica should look like? It literally takes design cues from the 6th gen Celica. It's literally the same segment and it fills the same role. Even has the same color choices.

>tfw they don't make AWD GT86
>tfw they're so ashamed of Celica they won't bring it back
>tfw they won't offer a turboed variant
>tfw Toyota won't make it back to proper rallying
>>
>>15477000
Because RWD and handling characteristics.

I don't think it was really about styling.
>>
>>15477010
Well the Celica was known for it's phenomenal handling characteristics as well, hence it doing so well in rally.

Would have nothing against the whole thing if they'd just offer the AWD as well. This car could've been grand if it was called a Celica and made into a new gen. Everyone wants a new Celica, just like we want a Supra.
>>
>>15477000
>tfw there won't be a V6 FR-S called the fifth generation Celica Supra
>tfw instead there will be a ginormous, overstyled, overpriced monstrosity that no one will buy or lust after and will fade into obscurity with the LFA.

>>15477010
The Celica has more recognition as having been RWD in the past than the Corolla.
>>
File: 1467247401443[1].jpg (77KB, 716x1102px) Image search: [Google]
1467247401443[1].jpg
77KB, 716x1102px
get triggered, cucks
>>
>>15477078
>willow springs
>against a lighter car
What a surprise.
>>
>>15477054
>The Celica has more recognition as having been RWD in the past than the Corolla.

They wanted the Initial D audience, plain and simple.
>>
>>15477000
trips of truth

at least the new soarer supra has a fucking i6 and better yet its not a bhg thrashed jz with 600000miles on it
>>
>>15477078
>those 0-60 times
LOL yeah right maybe if they are having a dragrace down a hill with the wind behind them and 100 octane race fuel

they also have gutless 0 tourqe engines which would be fine except they are both n/a 'sports cars' with downsized meme engines
>>
>>15477109
>2 liter
>downsized engine
I think you're going a little too far here, anon.
>>
File: MIATA-FRS.jpg (194KB, 2052x1189px) Image search: [Google]
MIATA-FRS.jpg
194KB, 2052x1189px
>>15477078

Fact checked.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.