[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car retard here Was looking at buying a 91 Mitsubishi 3000 GT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 3000gt.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
3000gt.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
Car retard here

Was looking at buying a 91 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR-4 for $6200 but it was too steep for me. The guy dropped the price on the ad to $4900 for the following reason:

>"I would be selling for more but I recently change the shifter linkage bushings and havnt quite cotton the adjustments correct because of this it's not quite shifting exactly how it should into 1st and so I'm not driving it. I'm tired of messing with this car. I'm not a mechanic and cannot maintain the car as well as I'd like to."

>"The price will go up when I've fixed the linkage adjustment. So get it now"

>"Can be driven just fine"

I know a couple of mechanically inclined folk who would be able to/willing to help me fix it if I managed to get it now but my question is if this fix is worth the time and effort picking up the car at a discounted price.
>>
Buying another man's project is always a risk, but I have always loved 3kgt vr4s so I would go for it if it was me. It sounds like a fun time with mates, just buy the drinks and have a good time
>>
File: So you wanna buy a GTO.jpg (138KB, 1667x529px) Image search: [Google]
So you wanna buy a GTO.jpg
138KB, 1667x529px
>>
>>15476608
do it if you have another car to commute with
>>
>>15476723
This is a shit list

Still, don't buy it. They pretty much all need a rebuild with factory parts because people didn't take care of them. Obviously that one wasn't since he can't change shift linkage bushings without fucking everything on.
>>
My friend has 2 of these money pits.

You better be good at working on cars, have a lot of money, and free time
>>
>>15476723
>>15476757
>>15476774
Assuming I did buy it, what would have to be done to it mechanically to fix the shifter linkage bushings? Like what physically would need to be done and what would need to be purchased? Keep in mind I'm flying completely blind, I just wanted a speedy JDM car for a decent price
>>
>>15476808
Then do NOT buy this car.
>>
Only buy it if you love the car.
When you love the car money ain't a problem.
You asking these questions tells me you don't love the car, so don't buy it.
Now, don't try to convince yourself.
>>
>>15476808
>I just wanted a speedy JDM car for a decent price
>JDM

That does not mean what you think it means.
>>
>>15476911
If that is actually a 25 year rule import, it wouldnt be that cheap. Dont buy something this complicated as your first shitty car
>>
>>15476608
The things with 3000GTs is that you can pretty much assume everything is going to be broken within six months of owning the car. You're better off getting a $2000 one instead of a $5000 one because that gives you more money for repairs.
>>
File: 87y.jpg (97KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
87y.jpg
97KB, 480x459px
>>15476927
This is a car you get because you either have money to put serious work into it or substantial time to work on it. I have the latter.

the most extensive work i'd done before was a coilover job, but now I can fix most anything on my other vehicles. It's like playing Putin in your first game of RISK or leaning to shoot bows with 12lb brick tied to your cock. Sure you don't need to, but once you move on everything else is calm seas.
>>
Fuck this, get a N/A SW20 MR2, they're cheap, reliable, and easy to drive without the turbo nonsense.

The spare parts are cheap and they were rather popular, so even if you haven't held a wrench in your life, you can just take it to a mechanic to be told what's wrong and then fix the minor shit from youtube videos, or just have the mechanic do it for a thousand or two if it's somethings more demanding, it's not like it's 750iL.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 800x600px
>>15476608
If you are a car retard then don't get it. If something goes wrong and your mechanic can't point the problem then you will make part of the.

>DURR I PAID $2000 FOR DIS AND NOW CAR BROKE DOWN ITS SHITTY

This car is amazing and this definitely is not a cheap car or a car for the mechanically inexperienced.

Because it's cheap doesn't mean it's cheap to maintain.

for example, a fault in the ECS system can fry the ECU, specially in 1st gens.

I would buy one with confidence if they have service records. These cars can get to 300K if properly serviced.

Besides the platform support is amazing. There are plenty of forum members that enjoy to actually go and help you fix your car, they are total bros.

And theres every now and then users that give parts for free just pay shipping. I got the steering knuckes from a 99 VR4 for free because the guy had no space to store many parts. The guy hoards 3000GTs.

Theres a guy that owns 4 of them 2 Porsches and 1 Ferrari. His wife drives a mint Spyder VR4.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.