[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

something isn't right what can be blamed for my piss poor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

something isn't right

what can be blamed for my piss poor gas mileage?

I should be getting 20-24 city / 23+ hwy

but I'm getting 9-13 everywhere
I don't have a heavy foot. it's not the tires.
I don't know much about cars. what should I look at?

I have a 2010 t5 Volvo c30
>>
Your car may be way out of alignment but I think you wouldnt see numbers that low from just that effect.
>>
check alignment, tire wear, and tire pressure

Also make sure the parking brake isnt on
>>
what year? If its close to 100k miles you probably need to clean the throttle body and change plugs.

You know, basic maintenance shit.
>>
File: 1454460836571.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1454460836571.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>15470010
>>15470016
bad alignment wont knock mgs down 50%.
>>
>>15469999
Is there a check engine light? What other symptoms are there that you can think of? If you want people to diagnose your car over the internet, for free, then you should try not to be completely useless yourself.
>>
>>15470023
meant how many miles, not what year.
>>
Are you using the correct fuel grade? How is the power output?

We can only throw everything in the book here. Could be a seized brake caliper or a brick for an air filter.
>>
>>15469999
Here are my assumptions which can be one or a combo:
>faulty fuel filter (not likely with ave. 50% loss in fuel consumption)
>bad ecu
>faulty fuel pump
>faulty fuel pressure regulator
>faulty injector(s)
>faulty o-rings or other coupling areas within the fuel system (example: a faulty o ring on the injector will dump fuel...but you should be able to smell that evaporating off of the engine)
>>
>>15469999
Has the mpgs changed since you got it, or always bad?
>>
>>15470080
>>15470102
>>15470239

60k miles
no symptoms, actually runs great. lots of punch.
not sure what fuel it takes. I get various answers. I put regular still shit, premium still shit
I have a 60k service due. and I want to know what to tell them to look for. every time I bring up gas mileage people only say driving habits without looking!
>>
File: Car-Window-Price-Stickers-05.png (336KB, 1896x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Car-Window-Price-Stickers-05.png
336KB, 1896x1800px
>>15470317
well one thing you have to understand is that the mpgs advertised about cars are an average of what the car can get. Lots of stuff can affect the mpgs, even stuff like altitude and humidity and basic stuff like a blocked injector.

Maybe your driving conditions arent average m8.
>>
>>15470378
I understand that. but in getting less than half advertised......
>>
>>15470391
At what speed and is there any head wind?

I drive home every day through 20-30mph winds, lol 13mpg at 55
>>
>>15470378
not to mention they're frequently inflated by 20-25% of what you can realistically obtain on the road
>>
>>15470391
do you drive stop and go? or highway? 99% chance it's your shit driving habits that you don't know are shit.
>>
>>15470171
>faulty fuel filter (not likely with ave. 50% loss in fuel consumption)
Doubt.jpg
>bad ecu
Almost never
>faulty fuel pump
The ecu would flag up an incorrect rail pressure, it'll be measured by the OBD system
>faulty fuel pressure regulator
The ecu would flag up an incorrect rail pressure, it'll be measured by the OBD system
>faulty injector(s)
Unlikely, also the OBD system would flag this as the measured O2 would be out of whack.
>faulty o-rings or other coupling areas within the fuel system (example: a faulty o ring on the injector will dump fuel...but you should be able to smell that evaporating off of the engine)
Probably not

Get the codes read from the OBD system (readers are a few bucks on eBay). Its likely to just need a good service.
New air filter, fuel filter, oil and oil filter and an exhaust system check, tire pressures and alignment should be checked too.
>>
>>15470317
>actually runs great. lots of punch.
Found the problem. You drive like a maniac.
>>
I would think that that the lack of power would be easy to notice, but a clogged or partially clogged cat could cause that kind of fuel mileage. But that would also likely throw a CEL.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.