[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>about to head out for a drive >hop in car >bang key

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: piece of shit.jpg (54KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
piece of shit.jpg
54KB, 300x200px
>about to head out for a drive
>hop in car
>bang key in
>car turns over for less than half a second and starts
>starts every time no problem, sometimes a bit rough in winter but always starts up

>hop back into car after a short drive
>e.g. driving to petrol station <5 miles away, or moving car around front of house
>try to start it
>cranks for like 5-10 seconds
>finally starts

Why does it do this? It doesn't do it if I park it up and leave it after a journey long enough to bring the oil up to temperature, but it does it pretty much every time if I have to stop before that.
>>
>>15462405
What car? Efi or carb?
>>
>>15462413
1999 Audi A6 2.5 TDi, so Efi.
>>
>>15462405
does the same with me with a efi petrol engine
but i have the check engine light that teels me i have a faulty egr valve so that might be why
>>
>>15462423
>1999 Audi

That's your problem
>>
>>15462454
True, it's a piece of shit and I bought the worst engine VAG ever made because I fell for the German reliability meme at the time.

>>15462444
Mine has no CEL but two shops have told me it needs a 'needle lift sensor', neither of my scan tools show any faults though so it's either a VAGCOM thing that they can pick up or I'm being scammed.
>>
>>15462423
They all do that, even the 1.8's, the A4's, the whole lot. Just step on the gas, it's likely just some TPS or something that does it when the car is slightly warm, no need to worry. Some start faster than others, but they all do it when between cold and normal operating temperature.
>>
>>15462480
Vagcom shows same thing, it's the TPS most likely. Just let it be.

It's a good, reliable car, trust me. It's just a bit more needy on the maintenance side, I mean, you bought a 90's entry-level luxury car, what did you expect? A shitty corolla? Nah, you bought precision built machine for comfy driving from 1999, deal with it.
>>
>>15462514
TPS?

So you mean if Vagcom showed the fault my cheapo scan tool would show it too?
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 1024x576px
>>15462485
Nice headlights to be quite honest family. I wanna paint mine like that but I'm scared it will look like an S4 knock off.

Was it hard to do?
>>
>>15462405
gas flow back, your seals in your fuel line sucked air
>>
>>15462423
Crank sensor
>>
File: 1468516673061.jpg (282KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468516673061.jpg
282KB, 1920x1200px
>>15462485
>TDI
>TPS
>>
>>15462583
Seems like I missed that. Oops.
>>
File: MyA4 (1).jpg (4MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
MyA4 (1).jpg
4MB, 4928x3264px
>>15462552
Thanks mate, they're just cheapo facelift-styles from FK-automotive, my OEMs were doomed in a crash so I got something that looked nice but was still cheaper than OEM after I got the insurance money. If you're talking about the hood, yeah, just buy
>claybar kit
>some car washing soap that gets rid of wax
>two cans of plasti-dip or other type of rubber compound paint
and presto, you can have mad tuningz. I went with the paintjob because the bonnet I found (for freeeeeee!) was a bit different shade and I didn't want that to be the first thing people saw.

Protip: if you use tape to mask off, peel it off after you're done painting, immediately. Otherwise you'll lift the rubber comp and it'll look bad. Reserve an afternoon or two for it, you'll want the bonnet as clean as possible before using the paint on it, othewise you'll cook shit into the clearcoat over time and need to polish after you take the dip off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.