[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got into a minor accident on the fender and side skirt. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Photo Jul 16, 5 14 40 PM.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jul 16, 5 14 40 PM.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I got into a minor accident on the fender and side skirt. I have an appointment with the adjuster on Friday. After that I plan on taking it to the Ford dealer.

What will they replace? Will they give me a new front bumper, fender and wheel or will they jury rig half ass the job? This shit doesn't look like it can be dented out properly and I don't want a shit paint job. I've never been in accident before or had to deal with these guys. I also need a new side skirt and a new inner tie rods + alignment.

How does it work?
>>
Insurance usually does full repairs on everything, thats how a minor accident can end up costing more than the actual car.

I would say thats about 4k in repairs. They should just replace everything
>>
>>15456395
So they are not going to jury rig it, right? I will be getting a repaint, new body panels, new wheel and everything?

I don't want paint spot correction - I want a full repaint that will look as good as before.

My deductible is $500 btw. I'm with Geico.
>>
>>15456357
fugg am i trashy because i would leave it? besides it looks cool anyways it doesnt look like it messed with the gap between the flare and the hood or any other gap
>>
>>15456357
That's a V6 isn't it
>>
>>15456469
Im pretty sure you can pick where you want your car to get fixed under a list of approved shops.
>>
>>15456484
Hell no brother. GT with full bolt ons.

>>15456488
Do I have a budget from the insurance or can I tell the Ford dealer to do X, Y and Z?

I don't want to have anything more than my deductible out of pocket.
>>
>>15456492
>Hell no brother. GT with full bolt ons.
Fair enough, I'm always skeptical when I see a Mustang without trim-variable features in a shot.

Anyway to answer your question, they'll replace anything damaged within whatever amount your insurance is willing to pay out but in a lot of cases they're going to milk the shit out of your insurance as much as possible to replace anything they can since they're getting paid for it.

I had a slight issue with this when I got into an accident last year, I took it to my usual shop which is really expensive (hence why I only go their on my insurance's dime) except due to this they wrote my car off as totaled, insurance cut me a check and I just took it to a cheaper place and now I'm dealing with this whole thing where it sort of has a rebuilt title but doesn't. Anyway hopefully my blogging is helpful at all.
>>
>>15456531
>their
There. Fuck.
>>
>>15456469
You will probably just get a new fender if that it's hardly dented. That bumper isn't even damaged. You definitely won't get a whole repaint. No way you are getting wheels either. That body shop is going to hate you. I can already tell.
>>
>>15456544
>That body shop is going to hate you. I can already tell.
As I said in >>15456531, the bodyshop is getting more work, there's no reason they'd hate him. That said I don't see wheels getting replaced.
>>
>>15456544
It's lose in there.

It's not snug or anything and has like a chip cut thing the size of a half dollar
>>
>>15456531
No, it is helpful. Some people want to milk the insurance for the most money or even get the shop to inflate it so they can share a portion of the money with the body shop owner. Little do they know the insurance company could end up totalling the car kek.
>>
>>15456492
Most likely after you tell them what shop you're taking it to they will send someone out to asses the damage and they will communicate with the shop on estimates then cut you a check.
>>
>>15456357

I'll tell exactly what will happen. When you get the car back it will look good as new. They're not going to respray the entire car, that's tupid to even think they will. If the fender is reapirable they'll do so, as well as the front. If not, they'll replace it. Now for the bad.

Geico will raise your rates based on the repair cost, and you'll get a notice in the mail outlining the increase. Expect to pay close to 50-75 more a month based on this claim.

Source: Longtime Geico customer with only once claim.
>>
>>15456357
V6 mustang get the fugg out.
>>
>>15456357
that'll buff right out
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.