[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ currently in the middle of cleaning my air filter am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Hey /o/ currently in the middle of cleaning my air filter am I supposed to remove that white gun on it I googled it but I get like no results. This came with my car when I bought it.
>>
>>15450103
All you do is spray it with cleaner, rinse with water, wait for it to dry, evenly apply fresh oil
That's it
>>
>>15450103
I don't know the answer to what you're asking but why did you choose a pic of transmission gears?
>>
File: IMG_20160716_111224.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_111224.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
>>15450115
So this white gunk is normal?
This is a pic of the outside.
>>15450117
Thats a pic of the inside of the filter.
>>
>>15450137
That's glue, it's holding the air filter together.
>>
>>15450140
Alright so thats normal then ok ill just continue cleaning it thanks.
>>
>>15450147
Sorry I came in your air filter bro, won't do it again
>>
>>15450103
The fuck kind of air filter is that?
>>
>>15450292
No idea like stated it came with the car it looks like a spectre filter.
>>
>>15450117
>>15450292
are you guys fucking retarded
has noone here seen a fucking cone filter before? how can any of you call yourselves car enthusiasts
this is yet another prime example that /o/ is the worst place to visit for anything car related

yes OP, thats glue, leave it that way. look up some videos on youtube on how to apply new oil properly. if the filter is too dirty consider getting a new one, they're like 10$
>>
>>15450292
It's an intake filter for an aftermarket intake.
>>15450115
You don't oil those filters.
Fucking boomers I swear.
>>
>>15450405
Yes..you do "those filters" have a looser filter pattern and require oil to capture smaller particles that will otherwise burn up your pistions, when you wash the filter the degreaser you choose to use strip any of the oil the factory puts on there.

so yes i would oil it lightly
>>
>>15450494
No. Stop being retarded. 90 percent of those filters don't need to be oiled. Especially AEM ones. Only ones that need to be oiled is K&n. I always used AEM DRYFLOW filters with my cars and never had problems. I even used their brand cleaning solution. This isn't the early 90's you don't need to be sucking up filter oil in your engine either their is a reason why those filters are built with those synthetic fibers that are weaved together like that paired with a mesh screen. So you talking about those small particles is equivalent to dust. So there's no need to oil. You just clean it.
>>
>>15450557
most retarded post of the day goes to this anon
>>
File: clean_K&N_S&B_filter.jpg (80KB, 928x272px) Image search: [Google]
clean_K&N_S&B_filter.jpg
80KB, 928x272px
>>15450557
Keep to the AEM ones.

K&N filters have 1 million mile warranty on them. Gotta clean and re-oil them occasionally.
>>
>>15450578
>hurrr durrr I got BTFO so here my response
Here you (You)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.