[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ know anything about the Volvo C30 T5? I've only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 58096138[1].jpg (181KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
58096138[1].jpg
181KB, 1024x768px
Does /a/ know anything about the Volvo C30 T5? I've only seen one or two in person in my life, and someone near here is selling a manual model. I think they look awesome in a concept car kind of way and 224hp doesn't exactly suck.
>>
No volbros on /o/ tonight? This thing makes 20 more hp than the Cobalt SS of the time.
>>
Bump again. Dude's asking $5K for a 2008 2.0 trim (R-Design) predecessor. 125K.
>>
they're decent cars, fuel economy isn't that great tho from what I hear
>>
>>15443142
>>15443576
What is it you want to know? It's a great little car, fun to drive.

It's a five cylinder turbo petrol engine, the best Volvo has ever made. It sounds good as fuck.

There's only two questions
>is the price right
>is the car right for you
>>
>>15444525

What's it worth? I'll be looking at it later today. KBB says under $5K but I can't find anyone selling one for less than about $7-8.

-$5000
-2008 2.0
-6-speed
-Black on black leather
-AC clutch is wonky
-Driver's seat as a tear
-Wheels have curb rash
-Has Thule roof rack

Dunno if the timing belt or clutch have been replaced.
>>
>>15444532
How many owners?

In theory it's worth the money, if it's a good specimen
>>
>>15444483
The 2.0 makes 143HP
Source: Wikipedia
>>
File: 00a0a_7vffCFr2DZo_1200x900[1].jpg (72KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
00a0a_7vffCFr2DZo_1200x900[1].jpg
72KB, 675x450px
>>15444545

In USDM C30s "1.0" and "2.0" were trim levels. The only engine option was the 227HP T5.

The 2.0 trim turned into the R-Design in 2009. Boy racer body kit basically.
>>
OP here, thanks. These cars can get the 250HP Polestar tune from Volvo, right?

The seller says it's cheap because he's trading it in soon on a bigger car cause he had kids, but the last couple cars I've looked at that were sold with that sales pitch ended up being basket cases I just laughed at. So I'm kinda suspicious.

Do these have specific trouble spots I could check out? My ex had a V70 I worked on a lot but I don't remember much about it, other than it had 270K miles and ran great despite her never changing the oil until the engine started knocking.
>>
File: 00Y0Y_dbusvXJnmIa_600x450[1].jpg (30KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
00Y0Y_dbusvXJnmIa_600x450[1].jpg
30KB, 600x399px
Heard back from the seller. Original timing belt (interval is 120K) and original clutch. I think I can probably get it for $4800 but the guy's adamant that his dealer will give him at least $4300 trade-in and that'll save him tax as well.

I was really looking at cheaper cars but for a hot/GT hatch this seems like a good deal.

Actual interior pic.
>>
>>15444849
>timing BELT
>125,000 miles
Yeah, no.
>>
>>15444849
Are you sure? On my S80 with 5 pot turbo the interval is 100k.
>>
>>15444884
>>15444908

Manual lists the timing belt as a 120K service job but the tech documents say 105K.
>>
>>15444884
>>15444908
>>15444957

If the original belt hasn't blown yet is there any reason to think the car would have damage from going so long? I'd obviously be replacing the belt as soon as I bought it.
>>
>>15444849

I woudnt buy it. A clutch and a timing belt can set you back more than 2k.
>>
>>15443142
I have a 2006 S40 with the same engine. It sounds great, is very fun to drive and has a very comfy interior.

Know that with the stereo i'm seeing in >>15444849 that you cant add an AUX cord due to the proprietary fiberoptic audio system volvo used at the time. Best you can do is bluetooth.

5k sounds fair for that car, but know that maintenance can easily reach the thousands. I just had to replace the front struts on my S40 and it ran me $1400, and that was after shopping around. Now my turbo is making a weird noise...
>>
>>15444965
>>15444980
I can do my own timing belts and stuff like that. Maybe the clutch but I've never done that on a Volvo. NADA guide on this is around $9K private party.

He says the front struts were replaced a year or two ago and the brakes at some point. The guy doesn't have good maintenance records though.

It also has an aux jack in the glove box.
>>
>>15444993
The few repairs listed ITT arent the only things that can go wrong with a car. All i'm saying is if you dont have like $2k set aside for random bullshit maintenance in the first year of owning this car, you're probably going to have a bad time.

Or maybe i just got unlucky with my S40. I was happy to get out the door for $11k with only 52k miles on the car, but in 18 months i've been to the shop 3 times for random expensive shit. I love the car but it requires money.
>>
>>15445021
And i paid a bosch certified mechanic $150 to look over the car for an hour before i bought it.
>>
>>15444965
Depends entirely on what tools he has.
Half decent engine hoist/brace, couple jacks and a strong rattle/impact gun?
Cheap as.

Basic hand tools and blocks of wood?
Over $2k, no question.
>>
>>15445078
I've done most everything you can do to a car other than pulling an engine, but I do have a hoist.
>>
>>15444962
No as long it hasn't snapped, it's fine, but theoretically it could snap the moment you're driving it home.
>>
Right in the middle of taking to him he stopped responding to emails. Go figure.

He did say he had the oil changed at the manual interval (7500.) A Volvo garage I walked into today said those engines get killed unless it's more like 3000 between changes.
>>
Well, he got back to me and I just got home from looking at it. Car was clean but the owner was a slack-jawed millennial who didn't give two shits about car maintenance. Didn't even know how to check the oil.

Rear brakes were toast, carbon under the oil filler, and the engine was about two quarts low on oil despite having an oil change 5K miles ago.

Bailed. Didn't want to take the chance on a turbo Volvo owned by a shithead.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.