[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SRS Light came on and won't come off. Anyone know the possibilities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 34047572-2-1333-OVR-1.jpg (72KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
34047572-2-1333-OVR-1.jpg
72KB, 770x433px
SRS Light came on and won't come off. Anyone know the possibilities of this issue? Don't want to go to a Stealership so I can get lied to and get my pockets raped.

Thanks, it's a 2011 Hyundai Sonata
>>
>>15441008
Not your personal mechanic, faggot
>>
>>15441024
Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their vehicle you disgusting filthy piece of fucking dog shit. Thanks for bumping thread though fellow anon
>>
>>15441029
No problem, did you check you fluids?
>>
>>15441008
Sounds to me that the issue is the light. Remove the light and problem solved.
>>
>>15441043
Would a simple jackhammer do the trick?
>>
Probably a bad sensor

Doesn't hyundai have like a 10 year warranty or something?
>>
>>15441056
No.
It'll take a crane to get it out.
>>
>>15441076
Not on "wearable items" and I believe sensors fall under that
>>
>>15441150
I cant even count the amount of fixes i already tried. Just want to see if anyone has had a similar experience and had it solved.
>>
>>15441150
Stealership =/= mechanic. I read somewhere that it was an issue on a Chrysler in the 90s if you drive in dusty/dirty areas that could coat the sensor. I would have somebody, stealership or otherwise, try to scan to see what the issue is first though. If it's something that doesn't sound possible, maybe it's just dirty or needs replaced.
>>
>>15441008
As a certified Hyundai mechanic, I can safely say that a possible cause for the SRS light illumination is due to a malfunction within the Supplemental Restraint System. Hope this helps, OP.
>>
>>15441008
Are you seriously going to take a chance with your life and ignore your potentially broken airbag system? Take it to the dealor they will have to fix it under warranty.
>>
>>15441198
This
>>
>>15441198
>>15441204
Just made an appointment. I appreciate it anons
>>
>>15441198
Do you know if this is covered under warranty? I'm heading there tomorrow
>>
>>15441034
They're all good, still need to check
>>
>>15441008
Sig heil bon de petit anon deu
>>
Anything safety related they have to fix it unless the car is salvaged.
>>
Check under the front seats for a cable that has come loose.

I have the same problem in one of my cars and need to jiggle it back in from time to time.
>>
If you are still around OP:

SRS is tied to a lot of things. Can be the occupancy sensor in the front seats (usually the most common), could be a sensor in the seat belt system (second most common), could be the clock spring in the steering, could be a bad crash sensor, could be a bad relay/short somewhere in the airbag system.

Just find a shop that has a scantool that will pull SRS codes and see what tripped the light

The shitty thing is 99% of the time, even if you fix the problem, you still have to have access to a diagnostic computer to reset the SRS light, so it will require you going back to said shop to have them clear it
>>
>>15442477
Thank you so much longpost, you're a legend. It's pretty much as simple as that, It's the sensor that's going off
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.